Annoying suggestions and alternative plans

The Different Us (Two sides of the same coin)

 

Trying to keep herself composed, Eunji replied in a calm tone “That is nice of you Jongin shi, but I usually walk from here to my place. Besides the nice view along the way, it is a good exercise too”.

Jongin just chuckled to this and noticed the piercing stare from Eunji hence replied “Pardon me, It’s just very rare for me to see people who exercise at night. I, on the other hand, like most of our population exercise in early mornings”.

 Eunji was about to stick out her tongue and give a mature response to that something along the lines of ‘My life, My Way’ or ‘I am not most of the Population’ or anything that sounds cool in her head.

 Ailee, the kind lady, who was a regular volunteer at this Institution, decided she had enough of their conversation.

“Jongin shi, Eunji, I presume you guys have met each other now. I wanted to introduce you guys for a while. But the weirdest thing was that somehow you guys never showed up here at the same time”.

“Or May be I was wrong all along, from the way you guys were singing and talking just now, You guys seem pretty close already” Anyone could hear the suggestiveness in Ailee’s tone.

This got Kai smirking and he naturally pulled Ailee closer to answer “That’s funny, Eunji shi and I go to same college and are coincidentally neighbors too. Trust me when I say that this is actually our first time talking properly.

 As a matter of fact, I was offering her a lift to her place as it is quite late now but she is insisting on walking there as an exercise”

Ailee giggled and spoke “Sweet coincidences huh, House, College and now this. It’s good to be young. Isn’t it?”

Eunji couldn’t help but roll her eyes while looking at her friend “Ailee, you speak as if you are older than us! Just because you completed your courses earlier than us doesn’t make you older and you can’t just keep questioning the situations, sometimes things just happen. Quit your antics!”

If it wasn’t for the fact that Ailee was the one who introduced Eunji to this beautiful place, Eunji would be screaming her lungs out but, Ailee is a huge fluff ball and Eunji just lets her get away with almost anything most of the time.

Hence here she was getting her cheek being pulled by the said friend. “I know Ji! Way to go and ruin all the cute things I imagined. Now listen to me and stop with the walking in the night antic.

When a Gentleman*Turns and dramatically points at Kai * might I say a very Handsome Gentleman offers you to give a ride in this lonely night of Chuseok, you should take it. Stop being rude Ji!”

Eunji puffs out her cheek and replies “What did I do that made you call me rude? I just politely declined Jongin shi’s offer. I like taking walks in night and you know if someone comes near me, they’ll get their a** kicked”

“Feisty” Kai spoke out loud startling both Eunji and Ailee. They turned towards him now “Finally now that I have your attention, Sorry to interrupt this friendly quarrel. I don’t want you girls to fight for me.”

Eunji face palmed internally. “Obnoxious” Could this get any more worse? Apparently, the Answer is ‘Yes. It does!’  Kai suggested his next brilliant idea.

“So Tada! Change of plans. I could just walk with you to our respective places. I haven’t tried taking late night walks before but after Eunji shi insisted, I am very curious about the pleasant scenery on our way. I will just leave my car here and get it back tomorrow morning.”

Eunji could practically see Ailee dancing merrily at this suggestion and Jongin smirking victoriously pleased with his own idea. She just wanted to wipe the smirk off his face; It somehow got on her nerves.

She is not an insecure girl who needs guys to walk her to her place. She is a full grown up woman who knows to handle herself well.

The major reason for refusing Jongin’s ride was to avoid all the awkward conversations and any possible cheesy situations like tightening her Seat belt and stuff. God, she hated it when guys did that trying to act all sweet.

Jongin was a stranger to her in spite of all the coincidences and looks like a guy who would definitely show off. Then she recalled that he somehow knows about them being in same college too! He may be just pretends to act like he doesn’t bother about others.

Whatever! Why was this guy so complicated?

But, A car ride would definitely have been her choice if she had know that  they both would be walking alone together on this Chuseok night. If Anyone from their college sees this, It would be a total chaos!

Eunji was not even given a choice by Ailee as she packed them some left over Chuseok sweets and asked Kai to take care of Eunji on their way.

Both Teo and Min ha were tucked in to their beds and Ailee bid the pair Good bye by yelling out “Jongin shi, Please hold hands with Eunji on your way, her hands gets colder easily these days”

Eunji was turning pink from Ailee’s words, all the held up embarrassment and frustration from today when Jongin turned towards her and spoke “Eunji shi, you are turning pink now, Are you cold? Do you may be really want to hold hands with me on our way?”

Good lord! Eunji just wants to die peacefully now or may be kill one or two people on her way.