XIUMIN. CHRISTMAS EVE.

Drabbles!
image

You tug on your bobble hat to cover your ears, blinking as your eyes water from the chill in the air. The falling snow makes you shiver, forcing you to retreat further into your winter coat- flicking the collar up and hunching up your shoulders because you somehow thought it would make you warmer; it didn’t work and only served to make resemble a turtle hiding in an oversized woollen shell, more’s the pity. Xiumin chuckles at you, the warmth in his voice drastically contrasting the bitter bite of the mist rising from the frosted grass. He flexes his grip around your waist and brings you closer to his body, moving his hand quickly to your arm, rubbing it with the aim of making you warmer- you pout up at him, blinking as the softly falling snowflakes make a home on your lashes.

“Romantic christmas eve walk, huh?” You shake your head quickly as a snowflake lands squarely on your nose, making you wiggle it and go slightly cross-eyed- making him laugh a little louder. He brushes his thumb across your nose.

“Okay, maybe not one of my brightest ideas, but you’ve got to admit, the snow is nice.” You squeeze your eyes shut at the closeness of his hand and hum in response.

“Uh huh, gotta love the global warming induced weather…” You smirk up at him as he rolls his eyes at you, he slowly pauses to a halt, tugging you back gently and placing his hands on your waist.

“Oh, c'mon… you love it really. I’ve seen the baby photos, remember?” You inwardly cringe at the memory of your mother and Xiumin meeting for the first time. If you ever wondered if it was possible for all the embarrassing moments of your childhood to be encapsulated into one photo album, along with annotations and time-stamps of where to find said embarrassing moments on tape- it was; and your boyfriend had memorised them all. You try to bring your arms up across your chest in a humph but the closeness between you two was making it slightly difficult to put across your faux strop.

“I’ll have you know I was running away from my grandma trying to put me in a dress! It’s not my fault if it was snowing outside at the time…” You pout as you tilt your head away, absentmindedly admiring the warm glow of the christmas lights illuminating the houses along the street. Xiumin raises his eyebrows, his lips curving into an amused, knowing smirk.

“Is that why you were half dressed, practically spooning a snowman? Long enough for your parents to take pictures? I think you just really love the festive season.” His smirk stays in place as he gauges your reaction. “And- evidentially, snowmen.” Your eyes flicker to his as you gape in defence.

“I WAS NOT SPOONING A SNOWMAN!” Your chortled cry has him in stitches, his hold on you falling as he doubles up in giggles, leaving you covering your mouth with your hand, avoiding the unintentionally drawn stares of passers by. You attempt to suppress your embarrassment with a light slap to his shoulder as you try to pull him up. “Xiumin~!” You whine as you manage to thread both your arms around one of his, tugging at his sleeve until he straightens up and catches his breath.

“Whatever you say, honey.” You can see him trying to restrain himself, his lips turning lighter from pursing them so tightly. You squint at him, a warning gesture as he wraps an arm around your waist and urges you to continue your way back home; the snow starting to lay on the ground. As you near your home, Xiumin slows again, letting you take a step ahead as his hand falls from your waist, and takes hold of your wrist, sliding it along to intertwine your fingers. You look over your shoulder to catch his gaze, it startled you for a moment- not expecting the intensity after the conversation a few short moments ago.

“Xiumin?” His expression brightens at the sound of his name from your lips, he squeezes your hand and closes the distances between you. Putting your joined hands in his coat pocket, he places the other on the small of your back; you can’t help but reach up to cup his cheek- warm from the fast rising flush of colour. 

“I need you to know, I couldn’t imagine spending Christmas any other way now that you’re in my life… You make me so happy.” You part your lips in a silent awe, finding no words to speak at the sudden sweet sentiment. You ghost your thumb over his cheekbone, becoming lost in his eyes. You settle with matching his warm smile, rising to the tip of your toes and pressing your lips to his, feeling his smile widen as you pull away; touching the tips of your noses together and giggling. 

“Me too, Oppa.” You grin as you take your place at his side, walking hand in hand back to your evening of hot cocoa and snuggling on the sofa.