Party

Behind Everything

MARCH 2013

“Hello auntie. Long time no see,” greeted Sulli happily.

“Oh Sulli. Where had you been all this while? You’re looking great my dear with your new short hairstyle,” the baking shop’s owner praised her.

Sulli smiled.

“Am I? I thought people adore me in my long hairstyle,” she said while patted her own hair.

“You’re a beautiful girl. Inside and out. You can pull off any kind of hairstyle with your pretty face. Trust me.”

“Thank you auntie,” Sulli said sincerely.

“So what make you came here?” the owner asked.

“Hm, tomorrow is my birthday and I planned to bake a cake to celebrate with my members and friends,” she said.

“Oh really? Happy advanced birthday dear. But why the birthday celebrant in charge of baking? Where are the others?” the owner asked.

“I love baking. The others are helping me with the decoration and foods.”

“I see. Okay entertain yourselves then. I got work to do,” the owner tapped Sulli’s arm before walk away.

Sulli took a basket and looked at her list to buy.

As she was focusing on choosing her things, she heard someone whispering about her.

“Urghhh I hate her. Minho oppa had kissed her. Not once you know but countless times! What’s so great about her?” the first one said.

“I know right. She is not that pretty. Victoria and Krystal are way prettier than her. And with that mushroom hairstyle, it was really turn off. Ugly ,” the second one insult.

“I don’t know what point she join f(x). She rarely got many lines in their song. Okay I admitted Victoria also got the same problem, but she dance gracefully. Not this woman, her dance looks so lazy and lame. SM must be stupid enough to pay her.”

The insult was going continuously.

Sulli closed her eyes and take a deep breath. She has to be rational on handling this type of criticism. She kept choosing her things and placed it in basket. After finished everything, she turned back and flashed her million dollar smile to the girls.

Both of them instantly turned pale. They don’t expect that Sulli heard their insult.

“Thank you for your opinion. Have a nice day,” Sulli smiled before go the counter and pay for her things.

 

 

The next day

“Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday to Choi Jinri, happy birthday to you.”

F(SHINee) sang happily to Sulli. Sulli smiled and closed her eyes to make a wish before proceed to cut the cake.

“Happy birthday my pretty daughter. I hope you will live happily and be healthy always. Unnie loves you,” Victoria said and hugged her tight.

“Ssul! Happy birthday. Promise me to be always in a good condition and pretty always. Don’t grow again Ssul-ah. How I want to put my arms around your shoulder if you keep growing? Poor my arms,” Krystal said cutely.

Their dorm roared with their laughter at Krystal cuteness. Sulli hold her face.

“I get it Princess Soojung. I love you.”

“I love you too,” Krystal said and hugged Sulli too.

“We want a hug too,” Amber sulked.

“Come here Amber unnie, Luna unnie,” Sulli take both of them and make a group hug. Afterwards, 5 of them laugh crazily.

The Shinee boys were confused. Why the heck this women suddenly going hysterical?

“Oppss, I’m sorry,” Sulli said when she realised that not only them in the dorm right now.

Key came forward.

“Pretty Jinri. Be happy always and don’t be sad. Oppa will always stand beside you. Do tell me if someone hurt you. I have my own way to teach that rascal. Okay? Come and give this brother of yours a hug,” he said and opened his arms.

Sulli nodded and crashed herself into his arms.

“Sulli ah. Oppa prayed for you and Minho hyung to be together and happy always,” Taemin said out of blue. He grinned.

Sulli surprised and blushed afterwards.

“Yah Lee Taemin! What the heck are you saying? That was the most absurd birthday wishes that I’ve heard,” Krystal spatted.

Taemin gave her I-don’t-care-look.

“Speaking of Minho, where is him?” Victoria asked.

“He told me that he had some work to do. He said sorry for you Ssul for not attend your party,” Taemin said.

“Seriously? I thought we had no sched-

Taemin quickly step on Onew foot to cut him.

“Ouchhh. What was that for?” he said angrily.

“No I thought there was a bug on your feet,” Taemin said casually.

“Ahah keep on lying Lee Taemin. Since when you’re have the brave to step on bugs? I thought that is your biggest fear,” Jonghyun smirked.

“Shut up Mr Kim.”

All of them became more confused with his behaviour. And the most confuse person of course Sulli.

Suddenly, Taemin’s phone beeped. He looked at it.

“Guys, can I borrow the birthday girl for a while?”

“Where do you want to bring Ssul?” Victoria asked.

“Somewhere,” he said and dragged Sulli.

“Wait oppa, I get my bag first,” Sulli protested.

“No need. Hurry!”

Taemin pulled Sulli hastily and press the elevator button to go down.

“What’s wrong with your son Kibum?” Jonghyun asked.

“I don’t know.”

Victoria sighed.

“She didn’t even touch the cake and the food. Where the heck does your maknae want to take our princess?”

They silent.

 

Minho crossed his arms while leaned on his sports car. He is wearing a fit black shirt, blue denim jeans and a Ray Ban sunglass.

His lips forming a smile when he viewed Sulli with Taemin.

“Oppa,” Sulli said surprisingly.

“Happy birthday princess,” he smiled and gave her a bouquet of roses that he took from his car backseat.

“It’s so lovely oppa. Thank you,” she also smiled.

“You’re welcome Ssul. Taemin, thank you so much for helping me. I owe you,” Minho tapped Taemin’s shoulder.

“Nothing hyung. Have a good ‘date’ guys,” he said and wink at them.

Sulli agape.

“No wonder you acted weirdly Taemin oppa. Aishh.”

“Don’t be mad at me Ssul. This all this frog hyung planned,” Taemin protect himself.

Sulli glared at Minho.

Minho grinned.

“We’re get going Taem. Please apologize to them for my behalf,” Minho said while opening the door for Sulli. Sulli smiled and went inside.

“Okay. Bye,” Taemin waved at them before Minho’s car vanish from his sight.

He sighed.

“Prepare from Key hyung’s nagging Lee Taemin.”

 

 

“Tadaaaaaaaa!”

Minho took his hands from Sulli’s eyes.

Sulli widened her eyes.

“Oppa, do you prepare all of this?” she asked.

Minho nodded.

“Thank you so much oppa. I really appreciate it,” she said and grip his hands.

Minho smiled and hold her hand.

“Come let’s sit.”

He lead Sulli to a small table that was fill with two plates of carbonara, two glass of red wine and a cake. The surrounding was dark. The only light that available is only from a chandelier that was hanging on top of their table. Minho really prepared this systematically.

“Do you have any idea where we are now?” he asked.

Sulli shakes her head slowly.

“Well, we’re in Shinee’s dorm,” he said.

“Really?” Sulli asked.

“Yup. Well you know idols like us cannot go anywhere especially if just boy and girl. Many controversies could happen.”

Sulli sighed.

“Hey don’t be sad. This is not a day that you are allowed to be sad. Just enjoy your day. Oppa quickly prepared this the moment Shinee’s members went to f(x) dorm,” he pouted.

Sulli pinched his cheeks.

“Thank you oppa. You’re so sweet.”

Minho smiled and both of them enjoy each other companion without realising that night getting deeper.