The Proposal

CharmBracelet

 

“Shin Hye Ah! Have you seen my bracelet?” screeched Min Young from her room. She had been frantically searching for it all morning. It was 7:03 and class was going to start in twenty-seven minutes. If she didn’t hurry up, she was going to be late for her first day!

“What are you screaming about now?” a groggy Shin Hye trudged into Min Young’s room half asleep.

“My bracelet’s missing!” Min Young scrambled about the room searching for her beloved bracelet. This happened about once a week. She would lose the bracelet and then find it an hour later.

“What are you so worried about? You’ll probably find it again later,” yawned Shin Hye. She ignored Min Young’s pleas for help and went back to bed.

Min Young looked on her desk and found nothing. She threw her blankets, pillows and even bed sheets off her bed in search for her bracelet. She looked ughher bookshelf and all her drawers and closets. It was really gone this time. Her beautiful bracelet was gone. Min Young gave up and started out the door.

As Min Young threw the door open in frustration, she saw Min Ho leaning against the wall opposite her door, smirking as he looked up from the ground. She could see he was twirling something between his fingers, something shiny and glimmering…. something very similar to her bracelet. Min Young’s eyes widened in disbelief.

“Looking for something?” Min Ho gleamed a cocky smile and raised the bracelet high above his head when he saw MinYoung lunge at him, using his height to his advantage.

“Give me back my bracelet, you thief!” cried Min Young and she continually jumped at the bracelet,  half a foot beyond her reach. Min Ho laughed and started towards the elevator.

“Come and get it!” chuckled Min Ho, stretching his long legs along the length. Min Ho jumped in the elevator and waited until Min Young was three steps away from the elevator before pressing the ‘close’ button. Min Young reached the elevator in time and stuck her slender body between the closing doors, squishing her body between the two mobile steel slabs. The doors began to open again and Min Young slid into the elevator. Min Ho admired her sleek, slender body as she maneuvered into the small space. As Min Young slipped into the elevator, he pressed the floor where his car was waiting. Min Young’s delicate, brown hair whipped around her as she turned to Min Ho with a hard expression, glaring at the cheeky boy.

“Give me back my bracelet,” Min Young stuck out her hand, anticipating the return of her white gold charm bracelet. Min Ho smiled his goofy smile and held the bracelet behind his back.

“No.”

“Yah! Lee Min Ho, you better return my bracelet before I kick you where the sun don’t shine!” yelled Min Young. Min Ho’s eyes widened as he swallowed his fear. Then a glimmering light lit in Min Ho’s eyes. A wicked idea popped into his head. He stared at Min Young’s outstretched hand and grabbed it with his own free hand, hiding the bracelet in the other.

Min Young stared as their hands and then at him. Then back at their hands.

“I’ll give you back your bracelet,” began Min Ho, smile disappearing from his face, “on one condition.”

Min Young looked up from their intertwined hands to his hopeful face, awaiting the condition. Min Young’s silence urged him to go on with his bargain. 

“Go on a date with me,” Min Ho stared straight into Min Young’s eyes with a straight face: no smile, no smirk, just pleading. “Say you’ll go on a date with me and I’ll give you back your bracelet.”

Min Young’s heart leapt. Just when things had started to look gray and dull, a bucket of color and hope was splashed against her world. Her heart beat fast as a blush of pink rose into her cheeks. Her lips curved up at the corners, eliciting that beautiful smile of hers. Min Young nodded happily, elevating her to cloud nine. Min Ho couldn’t help but smile either. Their hands dropped from the awkward position to a more comfortable place in between them.

The elevator doors slid open and the two walked out hand in hand. “I’ll drive you to school,” offered Min Ho as he led her over to his sleek, black Toyota Camry. (A/N: Oh ho ho, see what I did there? (; ) Min Young nodded.

Min Ho walked over to the passenger side door and opened the door for Min Young, like a true gentleman. He shut the door behind her as she plopped down into the seat. He got into the driver’s seat and drove off to the university.

“I’ll pick you up at seven,” smiled Min Ho as Min Young climbed out of the car quickly. She nodded in acknowledgement and grabbed her belongings. Min Ho caught her wrist and pulled her back in before she could leave, planting a kiss on her cheek. “See you tonight, beautiful,” winked Min Ho.

Min Young blushed, exposing all her thoughts on her face, and then rushed off to class. Min Ho chuckled as he watched her stride off. He shifted his gear and drove off to work.

She said yes. She really said yes. He smiled to himself, planning tonight’s festivities in his head.

“Woah there, little lady,” an unfamiliar figure stepped back as Min Young knocked into the hard stature, snapping her out of her happy trance. She looked up at the body and realized she had walked right into someone.

“Omo,” her dark eyes widened at the handsome stranger, “Choesonghamnida! Choesonghamnida!” Min Young ducked her head in apology to the stranger. The stranger laughed and began to introduce himself.

“Gwenchana,” the stranger flashed Min Young a dazzling smile. She took the time to take in how truly handsome the stranger was. He had a strong jaw line, chin length dark hair and soft, compassionate eyes.  His smile was absolutely perfect. The stranger had perfect, straight teeth and stood at least six feet tall. But it doesn’t matter. She has Min Ho! “I’m Kim Hyun Joong.”

“Park Min Young,” Min Young stuck out a hand and waited for Hyun Joong to do the same. Hyun Joong chuckled and shook her hand.

“Are you a freshman? I don’t think I’ve seen you around before,” Hyun Joong cocked his head to the side waiting for a reply.

“Ne, today’s my first day,” Min Young glanced down at her watch and realized she was about to be late. “Choesonghamnida, I have to go! My class is about to start! See you around!”

“Wai-“ Hyun Joong cut his objection short. Min Young was already well on her way. He looked after her rushing figure and realized she was pretty cute. Min Young had large round eyes, a sweet smile and adorable cheeks. He was tempted to pinch them when he first saw her. Hyun Joong smiled to himself and walked off in the opposite direction. He most definitely hoped to see her around soon.

As Hyun Joong began to walk, he accidentally kicked something. Looking down, he saw an English textbook. He opened the cover to see Min young’s name on the inside cover. ‘She must have dropped it when she ran into me.. Silly girl’ Hyun Joong now had an excuse to see those cute cheeks again. He didn’t want to admit it, but he couldn’t wait to see this strange girl.


Okay! I know I've been away for a really long time and I know this chapter's insanely short, but I'm back! I'm going to start it up again and hopefully create a beautiful, touching story. I hope this works out! 

Love Always, 
CharmMe_x