Chapter III

What's Your Tale, Nightingale?

Tiffany didn't have dinner that night. She didn't want to socialize with the newcomer, nor did she feel like eating. She insisted on remaining locked up with her books, and didn't even say goodbye to her father, who left for yet another business trip. It was already past her bed time when the girl came out of the library. Opening the doors carefully, she looked around, making sure no one else remained active around the house, or else she knew she would be chastised, and she wasn't in the mood to. The lights were off, except for two small and bright lamps in the salon that always used to stay on during the night. She took her heels off, held them in one of her hands, and tiptoed her way out of the library, leaving the doors open, cautious not to make much noise. She continued walking quietly up the staircase, sneakily making her way to the second floor. Heading to the left side of the fancy hallway, she approached the bathroom's door, intending to take a quick and hot bath before going to sleep. It didn't take her more than fifteen minutes to do so. She left the bathroom wrapped in a thick robe, rubbing her arms repeatedly, attempting to keep herself warm, and cursing herself for not having brought her undergarments and nightgown into the bathroom so that she could get dressed in its steamy warmth. 

As she ambled through the dark hallway, a certain faint brightness filtering through a half-open door caught her attention. Curious as she was, Tiffany was compelled to approach the door. It can't be Nana, she thought. It's too late for her to be up. She sleeps early, and I know for sure she doesn't sleep here. She leaned against the wall and inclined her head, trying to peek inside the room, but the small thuds coming from it indicated movement, which made the girl choose to remain still. 

Suddenly, the noises quieted, and the sound of a sniff reached Tiffany's alert ears. She angled her head and body once again, intended to move closer to the door and peek inside the room while still leaning against the wall.

"Oh, Father, what have I done?" a soft, weak, and muffled voice echoed from the room. Tiffany didn't recognize it at firstㅡbut how could she, when its owner was still but a stranger to her? However, upon the sudden realization that the voice, laden with so much pain, yet so soft and pleasant, could only be Taeyeon's, her eyes widened and her heart began pounding once again. Was she crying?

"What am I going to do now? How can I continue my life here? Like this?" the voice continued before pausing for a while. Another sniff was audible. "Could this be some kind of punishment? Was that really a sin? How could that have been a sin? I didn't do anything wrong, I didn't hurt anyone. It is so unfair to suffer for something harmless. Well, not entirely harmless, I suppose... Here am I, hurting, yet again. Why me? Haven't I lost enough? Will I keep losing what I love until the day I die?"

Tiffany dared to lean in and finally take a peek inside the ill-lit room. Taeyeon was kneeling on the floor beside the bed, her arms supported on the mattress and her hands wrung together tightly in front of her face. The woman's head was low, and she would be staring at the flowery baby blue sheets if her eyes weren't closed as tears rolled down her cheeks and she focused on her prayer. 

A knife, poisoned with guilt, cut through Tiffany's flesh, burning her skinㅡor, at least, that was how the girl felt as she witnessed the scene. She wished she hadn't so rudely shown such an ungrounded distaste for Taeyeon in their first encounter. She didn't even know the woman, after all. Tiffany was remorseful, of course, but seeing Taeyeon cry so miserably crushed her heart in a way she couldn't describe if she tried. But, why did the woman cry so miserably? She was a young woman now married to a wealthy, important man. She could and would have anything she wanted. Why did she seem so dissatisfied? So desperate? Why did the words for her prayer left in such a bitter tone?

"I know I should be grateful," Tiffany heard Taeyeon continue, almost as a whisper, in a weak, surrendered voice. Taeyeon's thumbs caressed her own hands as trembling lips continued to utter, "I was given a chance to build a new and maybe more decent life over the ruins of my old one. I was given a chance to have the life many women dream of having. Many women..." she trailed off, crying harder. "Many women, Lord, but not me. This isn't for me, I've seen enough around to know I will never belong here. They don't even like me."

Taeyeon's last words struck Tiffany even more violently, and the guilt she felt grip and suffocate her soul nearly escaped through her eyes. Why was it so painful for her to watch the woman cry? It was true Tiffany had a good heart, but that sort of empathy isn't generally given to a stranger. Regardless, her conscience was heavy and unsettled, and she had to fight the urge to step inside the room, reach out for Taeyeon, and beg for her forgiveness.  She was ashamed of herselfㅡand shouldn't she be?

"But then, again, everything has already been taken from me... even if I never find a way to be happy here, I have already lost my freedom now, so what else do I have to lose?" Taeyeon murmured. "I beg your forgiveness if I have offended You to the point You feel necessary to punish me with an unhappy life. It wasn't my intention, and I pray You will no longer misunderstand me."

The girl didn't stay to find out whether that was the end of Taeyeon's prayer or if she had something else to say. She rushed to her room, closing and locking the door behind her as she made her way inside. She then leaned back on it, rubbing her face with her palms. Her ill thoughts regarding Taeyeon were now all gone, and she couldn't remove the dreary scene of the woman kneeling down, speaking in so disconsolate a tone, weeping bitterly as she desperately sought support somewhere. 

Taeyeon, Tiffany finally came to conclusion, was nothing alike any other woman out thereㅡnot the ones she had met or heard of, at least. But who was Taeyeon? And if she didn't want to be there, why was she? Moreover, Tiffany could not ignore the fact that, one, Taeyeon was to sleep on a separate room from her father's, and two, the man wasn't even at home. And they were newlyweds. Too many questions haunted the girl's wondering mind, and the discomfort her father's marriage had set upon her had only aggravated. This time, however, in an intriguing way, rather than in an enraging one. There were many things she wanted, needed to understand. Her father's marriage and everything that regarded it was like a puzzle to which Tiffany would do anything to find the missing pieces. 

Her head felt dizzy, and she headed towards her bed. She was tired and it was hard for her to collect her thoughts. Taeyeon came to her mind once more, and upon giving the woman, as well as the most recent events, further thought, she realized she could relate to the blonde in some level. She, herself, had never truly had anyone to share her intimate woes with, either, and she recalls crying herself to sleep more often than she would like to. It was a solitary, maybe even damaging thing to do, she knew. The heart grows too heavy when it keeps too much to itself, and a heavy heart is not an easy thing to live with. One could never get used to that. She knew that very well, and she knew how it hurt. 

Taeyeon, apparently, knew how it hurt.

Maybe the woman wasn't as bad as Tiffany thought she would be. Maybe she wasn't bad at all. 

***

The next morning, Tiffany rose wearing her exhaustiveness on her skin, as deep dark circles gave away the girl's lack of sleep over the previous night. Her mind was busy working all through it: she replayed the scene she had witnessed a couple of times, which would awaken her remorse and unsettle her because she couldn't do anything to apologizeㅡshe couldn't let Taeyeon know she had seen her cry, because that would be the same as to admitting she invaded the woman's privacy, and that could worsen the whole situation between the two, which was already strained enough. Moreover, she kept trying to find a plausible hypothetical reason as to why Taeyeon was so grim that night, but she couldn't find anyㅡall the ones she had briefly thought of sounded trifling, and couldn't possibly leave a person so disheartened. But in the end, Tiffany's thoughts would all end and result in the same feeling of remorse, and the urge the brunette felt of doing something to apologize to Taeyeon, even if indirectly. Even if she did not know how. 

She rushed down the stairs and headed to the dining room where a bountiful breakfast table was set, but empty. She frowned upon the vision and turned around, ignoring the huge variety of food and pastries on the table and disregarding her grumbling stomach, and then made her way to the mansion's kitchen, hoping to find the housekeeper.

"Nana!" Tiffany called, sighting the old woman and approaching her, holding her arms. "I'm so glad I found you."

"Tiffany! Thank goodness!" the woman cried out. "You didn't eat last night. Have you eaten now? Oh, child, you got me so worried."

"I know, Nana, I'm sorry." She gulped and stammered a little. "Have you... have you seen... Taeyeon?"

Mrs. Winters frowned. "What do you want with Miss Taeyeon? Wasn't the way you treated her yesterday enough? You should refrain from bugging the poor thing, Tiffany. She is still adapting. In the few moments I have spent with her, I could notice how incredibly timid she is. It was pitiful to see, the way she was welcomed into this house, particularly after your father left."

The woman's words did nothing but aggravate Tiffany's contrition. 

"I know, Nana, I'm aware of how bad my attitude was, I know how rude I've been, believe me, I truly do." She shrugged, releasing a small sigh through her lips. "But this is important. I want to apologize. Is she up yet?

Mrs. Winters nodded suspiciously, doubting the girl's true intentions, for she remembered how keen Tiffany was to find a way to get Taeyeon out of the house even before she arrived, but decided to give her a chance. "Yes. You woke up late today. She is up already, she came down and greeted me not long ago, but she didn't stay for breakfast. She just came to say hello and went back upstairs. I believe she is in the study."

"That old study?" Tiffany asked, raising an eyebrow. "Beside my bedroom?"

"Mhm."

Tiffany thanked the old woman and smiled hopefully. She swiftly made her way out of the kitchenㅡand didn't even bother to answer when Mrs. Winter shouted, as the girl was already quite far, demanding that she eat her breakfast firstㅡand soon reached the dining room she had previously visited. Once there, she picked up a plate and started to fill it with some of the handmade pastries she deemed to be the most delicious, two slices of bread, a small portion of scrambled eggs, generous slices of cheese, and fruits. Then, she grabbed a glass and poured in orange juice, watching out not to pour too much. Lastly, she took a napkin, a fork and a knife, and picked up the glass of juice with one hand and the plate with the other before she carefully made her way out of the room and to the staircase. With gentle steps, she headed up to the second floor, careful not to spill the juice or drop the food from the plate. 

Turning right, Tiffany started to approach the part of the mansion in which Mrs. Winters had said Taeyeon could probably be found. She peeked inside discreetly before she dared to enter and caught side of an apparently relaxed Taeyeon, doodling distractedly on a piece of paper. Tiffany noticed the woman was still in her night and dressing gowns. Her hair, so perfectly dolled up the day before, was now loosely waved, which permitted its true length to be seen. It was a long and full golden hair, unlike any other she had seen before, that flowed down a bit below Taeyeon's chest. Tiffany fancied Taeyeon looked much like Rapunzelㅡthat princess with the long hair, whose story she had read a few times throughout her childhood. It wasn't one of her favorites, for she always thought the story too plain, but the book she read contained illustrations, and she had always found the princess a very pretty lady.

Once again, Tiffany acknowledged the woman's beauty, but said nothing about it. 

The brunette took a deep breath, mustering up the courage to make her presence known, silently wishing for her apologies to be accepted. She took a couple of steps until she stood in front of the room's entrance, and then hit the wooden material that covered it with her heels a few times to catch the woman's attention, since she was unable to knock with her own hands. 

Taeyeon looked up, startled, and finally noticed Tiffany. She didn't move very much and just leaned back on the chair a bit, eyeing the girl as she wondered what could she be doing there, but prepared herself for the worstㅡTiffany, after all, hadn't been anywhere near friendly the night before, so she could only imagine the new encounter wouldn't be much better. The younger cleared nervously and walked calmly into the study, carefully placing the plate and the glass, along with the clutery, on the desk once she had approached it. Then, taking a step back, she managed to look at Taeyeon, who was still only watching her attentively.

"I..."  Tiffany began, looking down briefly as she fidgeted with her fingers, "I wanted to apologize for my behavior last night. It was impolite and childish, and I'm very ashamed of it. I didn't mean to be so rude to you. I'm sorry if I made you feel unwelcome or offended... Taeyeon." The name escaped her lips with a bit of hesitation, but strangely, Tiffany liked how it sounded in . Taeyeon, she thought. Unusual, but very exquisite.

She glanced at the woman again, and after a few seconds, the latter's lips curved into a faint smile. 

"It's okay," the blonde cooed. Her voice did not falter nor sound grim as it did the previous night, but it was uncertain. "You didn't."  

She did make Taeyeon feel unwelcome, and both knew it, but Taeyeon, despite of all the blows she had gotten from life, was too soft and kind-hearted to ever admit it. On the other hand, no offense was truly taken from the treatment she received from the girl. She found it understandable, even.

Tiffany nodded rapidly, feeling anxious for not knowing what to do next. She hugged her arms and beckoned at the plate of food with her face. "Nana said you hadn't eaten yet, so I thought I should bring you something. I'm sure there must be something you like there."

"Nana?"

"Oh, pardon me. I meant Mrs. Winters," Tiffany explained.

"Is Mrs. Winters your grandmother?" Taeyeon didn't know if she could ask such question, but it just slipped. 

The brunette smiled shyly. "Well, she certainly feels like one."

Taeyeon's smile grew a little bigger. "I see. Well, thank you. I appreciate the gesture."

The both stared at each other for a few seconds, an awkward silence hovering over them. 

"Right. I mean, you're welcome. Well, I think I should go now. I hope I haven't bothered you. Again, I'm sorry. Please eat well. And, uh..." Tiffany trailed off and gulped nervously. Taeyeon raised her eyebrows, still eyeing the girl, as she waited for her to continue. "C-call me if you need anything. I can show you around, or provide you with whatever you need," the brunette finished before she turned around and left the room in rushed steps.

Taeyeon was left amused. In her mind, Taeyeon contrasted how angry and unkind Tiffany looked the night before with the kind and thoughtful image the girl had just portrayed in front of her, and the result left her quite confused, but not enough to overlook how pleased she was with the sudden nice gesture she had just received. That's a sweet way to apologize. I don't think anyone has ever brought me breakfast before, Taeyeon thought, as she looked down at the plate and grinned to herself. It was undeniable that the atmosphere between her and Tiffany was unbearably awkward, and would probably remain like that for a while, but the girl's actions managed to touch Taeyeon's heart. Her attitude had allowed Taeyeon to take a glimpse at Tiffany's kind nature, and it wiped away the image the girl's hostility had rendered the night before. And, or so she thought, she could feel her heart warm up a bit. A small kind gesture means the world for someone who life had been mistreating for so longㅡespecially if said gesture makes one feel cared for, which certainly happened with Taeyeon.

"Perhaps this whole thing won't be just as bad as I thought," Taeyeon muttered to herself, ready to hungrily bite one of the sweet pastries she picked up from the plate.

***

"Tiffany!" Taeyeon jumped on her seat when she heard Mrs. Winters crying out Tiffany's name. The woman seemed irritated, and hasty steps could be heard coming up the staircase. Intrigued, the blonde got up and quietly moved to the entrance of the study, glancing at the hallway. She saw the housekeeper making her way towards the right side.

Mrs. Winters made her way towards Tiffany's room, and Taeyeon was surprised when she noticed the girl's bedroom was just beside the study. Still wondering what could have ensued that commotion, the blonde dared to approach the old woman with shy steps. The latter opened the door hastily. "Tiffany Hwang, I swear I am going to call your father if you don't--" she began, but halted her speech when she took sight of an asleep Tiffany, laying on her back on the bed with an open book on top of her chest. 

Taeyeon peeked from behind, witnessing the same scene. She tilted her head and smiled a little, finding it quite endearing to see the girl sleep like that.

"Why, Tiffany!" Mrs. Winters called, startling the sleeping girl, and frowned as she placed her wrists on her waist. 

Tiffany eyes opened with some difficulty. "What is it, Nana?" the girl uttered hoarsely, yawning afterwards. 

"What are you doing sleeping at this hour? And why did you skip breakfast? Wasn't skipping dinner last night dangerous enough? Need I remind you how weak your body is? What if you pass out?!" the woman chattered, showering Tiffany with questions in a quite vexed tone. The latter frowned in slight annoyance and sat up, supporting her body as she placed her hands on the mattress. 

"I was reading and I fell asleep. I got distracted with the book and forgot to have breakfast. And I won't pass out!" the brunette groaned, rubbing her eyes. "I am fine."

"It's almost noon. Lunch will be served in a few minutes. So get up and tidy yourself, I won't let you miss this meal as well! If you get sick, I'll be responsible for it because it'll mean I didn't take care of you properly and your father might as well eat me alive," Mrs. Winters said, intertwining her fingers and placing her hands on her tummy.

"I can take care of myself," retorted Tiffany.

Taeyeon, who was watching everything discreetly from behind the tall and voluptuous old woman, couldn't contain a slight smirk upon hearing the girl's words, which rapidly reminded the woman of herself. Don't be so stubborn, Tiffany, it will do you no good, Taeyeon counseled, inside her head, with some concern. I wish I had had someone to take care of me when I was young.

"Sure you can," Mrs. Winters responded. "But I'll be doing that for you until the day I die, like it or not," finishing, she turned around to leave the room, but not before pointing at her two eyes and then at Tiffany and adding, "I've got you square in my sights, missy. I want to see you at the dining room and eating very well to make up for the two meals you skipped. You will do it for the sake of your health and for the security of my neck, which I don't wish to wind up on your father's plate. Understood?"

Tiffany couldn't help but giggle. She nodded agreeingly and smiled. "Yes, sir."

The housekeeper turned around and faced Taeyeon, who smiled sheepishly and prayed the other wouldn't question her about why she was there. Instead, the latter just said, "Oh. You too, Miss Taeyeon! I haven't seen you eat today! And yesterday, you ate like a bird! You barely touched your food. Hurry up and accompany Tiffany downstairs," she finished, shaking her head, and continued muttering as she walked away, "What is wrong with the women in this house?"

"Y-yes Mrs. Winters," Taeyeon responded. "I'm sorry. I'll get dressed and I shall be downstairs in a minute," she concluded, smiling timidly.

Tiffany just observed Taeyeon as the latter walked away with calm steps. 

***

In the dining room, lunch was served in a great variety of great-smelling food. There was meatloaf, macaroni and cheese, smashed potatoes, chicken, and salads, among other smaller dishes. Taeyeon and Tiffany ended up sitting across each other on the long table, and smiled awkwardly as they made eye contact before they started to eat. 

Taeyeon remained astonished with the extravagance of the mansion. It was true that, ever since she got the job at the office, she had managed to live comfortably, although her salary was never as good as her male colleagues', but never had she seen such luxury before. She could never afford that, not even in years of hard work, not even if she got a raise. It was a beautiful mansion, she believed, an unarguably comfortable place to live, but it still failed to make her feel at home. Maybe it was because she had just arrived, or maybe it was simply because, deep inside, she knew she would never fit such a flamboyant world. She already missed the coziness of her apartment, where everything had been arranged and organized the way she liked, by her own two hands. It was a simple apartment, with a few old and worn out stuffㅡlike the curtains in her bedroom that were so deteriorated they couldn't even protect her from the sunlight or prying eyes, but she wouldn't replace them because it had some sort of sentimental value for herㅡbut it was her home. More than that, it was something Taeyeon was proud of, because it was conquered with her hard work and determination, two things she had never let go of, even in the darkest periods of her life.

Tiffany dared to lift up her gaze and take a look at the woman sitting in front of her, whose expression she believed to seem a little vacant. Quietly, she hoped her attempt at apologizing and making Taeyeon feel a bit more at ease had succeeded, but it was impossible for her to know. Taeyeon's countenance was ever so frigid and mysterious, there was no possible way one could tell what went on inside her head. All Tiffany could do was hope that she, that they could make this work, somehow. Tiffany was determined to lighten up the mood and establish a healthy and good relationship between her and Taeyeon, for the sake of both of them. She thought, neither should ever again succumb to the irrevocable loneliness that seeped through the walls  of that mansion. 

The brunette sighed, bothered by the fact that the only sound echoing around the place was the click of the cutlery against the plates, thinking it of no help to help create a comfortable atmosphere. Tiffany had always been used to silent meals, since she would often eat by herself, but now that she had company, the silence didn't please her a bit. Especially when the silence was so uncomfortable. Hadn't she been so rude before, Tiffany thought, perhaps she would be able to initiate a conversation with Taeyeon more easily, and things wouldn't be so odd. She quietly dropped her fork and leaned back on her seat, stretching out one of her arms in order to pick up the glass of water that accompanied her meal. After gulping down the liquid, she delivered it back to the table, catching sight of Taeyeon's questioning eyes on her, but averting her gaze soon after.

Meanwhile, the woman, too, finished eating quietly, casually observing Tiffany from time to time. She kept replaying the moment earlier that morning in her head, musing about the girl's attitude and words. The fact that the younger was considerate and caring enough to bring her food, knowing she hadn't eaten, was certainly a great contributor to softening and easing her heart, and so was her polite apology, but was truly stood out for Taeyeon was how sincere Tiffany sounded. Someone could very well had told or obliged Tiffany to do what she did, but that was not what Tiffany demonstrated, and that was exactly what made Taeyeon forgive her so readily. Even, that was what made Taeyeon feel grateful towards her.

After a couple of minutes of complete silence, Taeyeon decided to leave the table. She pushed the chair back a little and got up, catching Tiffany's attention. The latter, however, didn't say or do anything, just kept looking at Taeyeon with curious eyes. Curiosity... She felt very curious and intrigued every time she looked at the blonde. Even the day before, Tiffany could not ignore the strange feeling caused by the woman's arrival, an unfamiliar and unexplainable yearn for getting to know that strange person who, in her head, could even be a menace to her peace. She also felt compassionate, particularly after the scene she had secretly witnessed, but mostly, Taeyeon would interest her a lot. Funnily, she didn't know why. All she knew was that Taeyeon was very, very magnetic, and there was a mysterious factor that made her remarkably keen to unveil the woman that so suddenly had become part of her life. 

Or, maybe, it could the remnant of her remorse that compelled her to talk to Taeyeon. It would be only natural that she felt the need to interact so that she could stimulate the woman to create memories that would replace the terrible first impression she had left on her. On the other hand, it could be because she had felt lonely for so long that, now that she had someone other than Nana to talk to, Tiffany craved communication. Perhaps it was all of that together. Either way, Tiffany did wish greatly to talk more to Taeyeon.

The girl snapped out of her contemplation when she noticed Taeyeon walking away from the table, and then out of the dining room. She sighed, wondering if she had been rude or unpleasant again by simply not talking. It was complicated: she had no idea what to do. There could be misunderstanding either if she did reach out for the woman or if she didn't. Would Taeyeon feel like Tiffany was pushing too hard if she initiated any kind of interaction? Would she feel that the girl was too cold if the latter didn't?  The situation was difficult in its entirety. Tiffany couldn't deny that she still felt odd around Taeyeon, paritcularly given the fact that the latter was, in fact, a stranger living in her house, but for many different reasons, Tiffany did want to truly try become acquainted with the woman. She just had yet to figure out how to do that properly. 

As Tiffany pushed the chair to the table, a thud coming from near the salon startled her. She flickered her eyes towards the entrance of the dining room, approaching it with calm steps.

"OUCH!" She heard, and rushed out of the place and towards the direction from which the voice had come from.

When she got to the library's hallway, she took sight of a figure lying on the floor. The golden locks gave it away, and Tiffany immediately paced quickly in Taeyeon's direction. The latter lay holding her ankle with one of her hands as the other arm supported her body on the floor by the elbow. 

Tiffany crouched down, eyeing Taeyeon concernedly. "Are you okay?!" she asked. She wanted to help the woman move, worried she could be injured somehow, but dared not to touch her.

Taeyeon turned around, noticing Tiffany. She nodded faintly. "Yes. I just tripped. I'll be okay."

"What happened?!" The two women heard Mrs. Winters voice as the latter approached. "Miss Taeyeon! Are you all right?" she asked, reaching her hand out for Taeyeon to take.

"I'm all right, Mrs. Winters. I think I just twisted my ankle," she responded, taking the older woman's hand and getting up with some difficulty. "Oh!" she exclaimed in pain, trying to step her hurt foot on the floor.  

"Oh, you poor thing, getting hurt on your very first day here." The housekeeper sighed, shaking her head. "Tiffany, will you please help her go back into her room? I'll go grab some ice for that ankle. It'll help ease the pain. Take her upstairs and get her comfortable in bed, will you? I shall be there in a minute."

Tiffany raised her eyebrows, a little taken aback by the request, but acceded. Mrs. Winters, who was still holding and supporting Taeyeon, approached Tiffany, placing the blonde's arm around the slightly shorter girl's shoulder. "Hold her. Here," the woman continued, putting Tiffany's arm around Taeyeon's waist. "Don't let her go, or else she will fall again. Now go, go."

Both Taeyeon and Tiffany stood still for a few seconds. The fact that their bodies were glued to each other like that flooded them both with a mixture of feelings, and they didn't know what to do. Either way, Tiffany held Taeyeon, who had her hurt foot hanging in the air as she supported her body's weight on the other, as she was told to, but closer, and they slowly made their way towards the staircase. They went up the steps with some difficulty, but managed to get to the second floor safe and sound. Tiffany carefully guided Taeyeon to her room and, once they were inside, she helped the latter lie down. She looked at the older woman shyly as she took the hand hanging above her shoulder with her on, before placing the free hand on the blonde's waist to help her turn around to sit on the bed. 

Taeyeon's heart beat rapidly, and she didn't know if it was because she was very embarrassed and anxious to have caused such commotion in her first day in the mansion or because of something else. But, regardless, she shook the thoughts off before they could develop into something deeper.

"A-are you okay?" Tiffany asked again, timidly.

Taeyeon nodded assuringly and smiled a bit. "I am. Thank you. I'm sorry you had to bring me here..." she trailed off, looking away.

"It's fine," Tiffany responded, turning the woman's attention back to her. "I didn't mind. Again, call me if you need something," she finished and smiled politely, bobbing her head. Taeyeon simply nodded once again in return and Tiffany took off, back to her room.