Resilience

Opia

I woke up inside of a dark grey room, I was lying on top of a black couch, I sat down and looked around until I realized my clothes were damp, they were covered in blood. I shrieked and my eyes widened, Siwon was sleeping next to the couch on the floor but he woke up as soon as he heard me.

"What is it?"

I was paralyzed, being covered in such an amout of blood wasn't something one would like waking up to, he tried to place his hand on top of mine but I pushed it away and covered my eyes.

"What have I become?"

Siwon stood uo and tried to hug me, I was really shocked so when I felt his arms around me I ran away, in a second I was on the other side of the room.

"You made me a murderer!"

"You didn't kill them."

"Then why am I covered in blood?!"

"Little fragments of memories will come back to you. They will surely overwhelm you."

"I want you to tell me."

"It won't be the same, you need to know what you are capable of."

I closed my eyes and I remembered something. Back in the hospital, as soon as the guards opened the bathroom door I attacked one of them and bit his neck violently, he pushed me away but then Siwon punched him and he fell unconscious. I looked at another guard and did the same, I attacked every single one of them viciously. Then we both ran out of the basement and left through an emergency exit taking down anyone that stood in our way. I shut my eyes when I thought of all the blood that I spilled.

"If you don't remember things completely fear will eat you alive and you'll loose control of yourself".

"I remember the whole hospital attack, I'm not sure how we got here anyways".

"I'll tell you how we got here, we rushed out of the hospital and we managed to get to the street. You ran faster than me and went all the way to a neighborhood that's really far from the hospital, you went inside of an abandoned building and we're right now in that building's basement". 

"Like I knew where I was going..."

"It's really interesting that you came here, I once came here to look for more vampires but I never found anyone".

I couldn't know for sure if I had been there before because I kept getting the feeling I knew that place, I looked a painting of a bouquet of dying roses that looked really familiar, suddenly a vague memory came to me, I was with my mom playing, dad wasn't there, I got a really strong headache and then I felt the floor shaking, Siwon looked at me and he quickly walked towards me and hugged me, the headache stopped and the floor stopped moving as well.

"You must have remembered something painful".

"I think I was here once with my mother...when I was 2 years old probably".

"So you've been here before".

"I think so".

"But if you haven't been here for 23 years then someone else must live here...your mother died, didn't she?"

"4 years ago, yes".

"It's still a long time given the strong smell of a vampire I would say someone was here, at least, 3 hours ago. I smell blood around here".

He walked towards a mini bar, he opened it and there were blood bags inside.

"Bingo, another vampire must live here, if we don't want to be found we should go now".

"Why?"

"There are lots of vampires around the world but that doesn't mean we know each other, most of them aren't as nice as I am".

"Do you still have your phone?"

I had it in my pocket, I took it out and gave it to him.

"If we make a call they'll track us down".

"Only if it's longer than 30 seconds, there's someone that can get us out of here".

"Who?"

"Let's get out of the basement first, I have no signal".

He dialed the phone number and as soon as the other person answered he made me countdown 30 seconds.

"Donghae, it's Siwon. I need you to pick me up. No questions. The address is ___________"

He hung up before I finished the countdown.

"Now we wait".

'Donghae' called us and we walked out of the building together, there was a grey car in front of us and Siwon got inside he told me to get in quickly.

"Get some sleep, we'll be safe once we reach the community".

"Can't we stop at my place first?"

"They'll look for us there first, we can't get caught that easily". Siwon answered.

"But...Cheol Woo will think I'm dead..."

"You're dead honey" 'Donghae' looked at me from the rear view mirror, he laughed.

"Why do you want to go to your house?"

"I want to leave a note for Cheol Woo".

"I'll send the note with someone from the community, is that ok?"

We went all the way to Samcheong-dong, we went to the area where there were only traditional houses and we parked in front of one of them, Siwon opened the door for me and the three of us walked to the door, Donghae opened it and once we were inside he quickly closed it.

"You should change your clothes, I'll take you to Taeyeon's room, she'll be glad to have a friend".

"What is that supposed to mean?"

A girl, who I guessed was Taeyeon walked up to him.

"I meant that it's rare to find female vampires nowadays".

"Well, that's true. I only hang out with the grandmas now..."

"Take her to your room, she'll be your roommate from now on".

"Really?"

"Yeah, also, tell the elders to gather everyone for dinner. We have to introduce her".

"Introduce me?"

"The original families have to meet you".

Taeyeon guided me to the bathroom and gave me a towel.

"Relax, you'll be alright. No one will try to hurt you".

She lent me a dress and helped me get ready, she asked me to wait for her to get ready and once we were done she guided me to the dining room, there was a large table in the center of the room, I looked back at her and she bowed as she closed the door and left me alone in the room. I walked around the table and saw tiny name tags on top of every plate. I looked for mine but the one I found read 'Tiffany Hale, daughter of Eloise Hale'. The name brought another memory of me and my mother inside of the grey basement.

"Tiffany, only you can know that my real name is Eloise, but you won't remember that until you wake up from your dream".