Feel So Bad

Infinite Tales of Love

(Inspired by the members' ig updates)

 

---

 

 

Myungsoo feels so bad.

 

He didn't want this.

 

He didn't want to join in the prank the other members are currently planning to pull on Sungjong's birthday.

 

"Let's slam his face on the cake! Just like what you guys did to me!" Sungyeol insisted. "I would be the one to do it!"

 

"Right! And I'll take a video of it and post it on instagram!" Woohyun laughed.

 

It seems like the other members are already agreeing to it. Since it's like a tradition for them. Playing a prank on whoever's birthday it is during their birthday.

 

This time it's Sungjong's.

 

Myungsoo wanted to get out of the room and warn Sungjong that he'll get his flawless face dumped on a cake on his birthday.

 

It seemed like Hoya read his mind though 'cause he turned to Myungsoo and said "Don't even think about telling Sungjong."

 

"I wasn't going to tell him anything." Myungsoo denied.

 

"Come on, Myungsoo, I know you. Just.. try not to be overprotective of him sometimes. We're just doing this for fun. It's not like it would hurt him or something." Hoya tried to assure him.

 

"Fine."

 

---

 

 

The next day, Sungjong went out early to celebrate his birthday with the fans. The other Infinite members were still sleeping then so they didn't get to greet Sungjong.

 

Myungsoo noticed how Hoya is so busy with his phone and he was smiling, so he decided to ask him what he was doing.

 

"I've just posted a picture of me and Sungjong on instagram." Hoya replied.

 

"Didn't you already upload a photo of you and Sungjong recently? Myungsoo asked.

 

"Yes, but it wasn't his birthday then. And look at my captions, they're different." Hoya showed his phone to Myungsoo.

 

The caption of the first photo said 'I say song, you say..' and the next picture was 'I say happy, you say..'

 

Hoya had seriously taken his famous tagline to the next level. Even his account's name is 'isayhousayya'. Is he really going to stick to using it in all his posts? Myungsoo wondered.

 

--

 

 

"Why is he taking so long?" Dongwoo asked.

 

It was already evening and Sungjong hasn't arrived home yet.  He must have been enjoying the celebration the fans prepared for him.

 

"I don't know, but is the cake ready? My phone had just been fully charged. I'm ready to take the videos." Woohyun said.

 

"He's coming! He's coming!" Sungyeol whispered loudly. He's been waiting for Sungjong outside so he could quickly inform the others once the maknae gets back.

 

When Sungjong arrived, they started singing 'Happy Birthday'. He blew the candles and said 'thank you' as Sungyeol held the cake.

 

Sungyeol placed the cake on the table and told Sungjong to give a 'thank you' speech.

 

"One, two, three.."

 

Sungyeol had already prepared his hand behind Sungjong's neck. Then with one quick push, Sungjong's face met the cake.

 

Dongwoo was laughing so hard. Woohyun was also giggling. He captured everything in his phone.

 

Myungsoo thought Sungyeol would only do it once, but when he saw that the choding was repeatedly dumping the maknae's face in the cake, he couldn't help but shout 'stop it!'. It was just too much.

 

--

 

 

After taking a selca with Dongwoo, Myungsoo pulled Sungjong in a corner and asked him if he was okay.

 

"I'm fine hyung." Sungjong answered, his face still covered with cake stuff.

 

"I kind of anticipated it anyway. Besides, nothing could dampen my mood today. I had so much fun with Inspirits. They have prepared so much for me. They're the reason I'm here." Sungjong said happily.

 

Myungsoo frowned.

Don't get him wrong. He wanted Sungjong to be happy. However, he wanted to be the one to make Sungjong happy on his special day. He was actually kind of jealous of the fans because they got to celebrate Sungjong's birthday with the celebrant for the whole day.

 

The younger noticed the sudden change in Myungsoo's expression and said "Come on hyung, why don't we take a selca? It's been a while."

 

"Don't you want to remove the icing on your face first? They're blocking your pretty face." Myungsoo really wanted Sungjong to clean his face first, so he could have a perfect photo of them together.

 

"Where's the fun in removing them?" the younger asked. "Take out your phone, hyung."

 

Myungsoo obliged.

 

When he was holding his phone up, he wasn't really looking at the camera, he was looking at the beauty of the person sitting next to him on the screen.

 

Sungjong was making peace signs with his two hands as he was smiling for the camera.

 

Even with cake on his face, he still looks mesmerizing Myungsoo smiled slightly and clicked the capture button.

~❤