Chapter 7

When Demons Come Calling

Jiwoo scowled as she watched Got7 fawn over her cousin. Well, the ones in high school anyway. But those in college would be joining them just as soon as they could. Kihyun seemed to be enjoying the attention, too. Even thought her eyes kept drifting to Hongbin whenever he was in the room, she seemed to really like the attention that Got7 was giving her. And that just burned Jiwoo up inside.

To be fair, Kihyun had never been her favorite cousin. Nope, that was always Hyorin and Seunghyun. Especially Seunghyun. Jiwoo had always gotten along better with him then his sister. Probably because of their shared passion for photography. It was also why Hongbin was her favorite of the VIXX boys.

“They’ll get over it,” Seunghyun spoke up, pulling Jiwoo from her thoughts and reminding her that they were sitting together in the cafeteria.

“I hope so,” her brother sighed, “I’m getting pretty sick of playing second fiddle to Kihyun.”

He glanced across the room where the four Got7 boys were sitting around Kihyun who was talking very adamantly about something. Probably some crime thing she’s recently watched. Much as he loved his cousin, her fascination with death and murder could be, at times, a bit troubling. He knew he wasn’t the only one in the family who felt that way either. And yet Got7 seemed blind to it, always asking to hear more.

“You get used to it,” Seunghyun shrugged, “she’s kind of……easy to pay attention to?”

“It’s because she’s loud,” Jiwoo sighed, “well, when she knows something about a subject. Or thinks she does.”

“Yeah,” Seunghyun nodded, “I think…..mom might have made her like that.”

“What do you mean?” Jiwoo frowned.

“Mom always paid Kihyun special attention,” the male twin sighed, “like, she’d always take Kihyun out for special days together and help her with her homework and…….Kihyun was always mom’s favorite.”

“Now that you mention it,” Dongwoo scowled, recalling the very obvious favoritism he’d witness whenever he got to see his cousins growing up.

“But at least you had your dad, right?” Jiwoo smiled hopefully, “he tried to make up for it, right?”

“Yeah,” Seunghyun smiled slightly, “dad always made sure I knew I was loved and wanted. It’s why we’re so close.”

“And you’re just like him,” Dongwoo grinned, “so you’ve got that.”

“Yeah,” Seunghyun laughed, “I’m just like dad when he was my age.”

“After school,” Jiwoo said, “wanna meet up with Hyorin and the guys? We can go to the mall or something?”

“Sounds good,” Seunghyun nodded after considering it.

“I’ll text N now,” Dongwoo said, pulling out his phone, “he should be out of class right now, so he can respond right away.”

“I have a question,” Seunghyun asked, looking between the siblings.

“Ask away,” Jiwoo waved for him to ask as she took a sip from her drink.

“What’s up with Hyorin and the guys?” Jiwoo struggled not to spit out her drink and Dongwoo almost dropping his phone.

“W-what are you talking about?” Jiwoo questioned once she’d recovered from the question.

“They all seem to really like her,” Seunghyun shrugged, pretending he didn’t notice the odd behavior of the pair, “is she dating one of them or……”

“The guys do like her,” Dongwoo said, trying to pretend his lies were truths, “but none of them have asked her out. It’s, like, a bro code thing. Don’t date your bro’s crush. Ya know?”

“I get it,” Seunghyun nodded, taking note of the fact that the pair were lying to him. He just didn’t know why yet.

“Oh!” Dongwoo grinned as his phone beeped, happy for the subject change, “N just replied. He says that none of them have plans, so hanging out sounds fun.”

“Awesome,” Jiwoo smiled, happy that she was going to have a distraction from her crush situation. It stung a lot more then she was willing to admit that BamBam was fawning over Kihyun when he’d never shown her any sign of having romantic feelings.

“He asked if the others are coming,” Dongwoo frowned slightly, “should we ask them?”

“They’re fine,” Jiwoo huffed, “this is our time to feel appreciated.”

“Jiwoo’s right,” Seunghyun sighed, “the guys will just flirt with Kihyun and she’ll just crush on Hongbin.”

“Don’t get why she does that,” Jiwoo scowled, “Hongbin’s way older then her. And we all know how he feels about Hyorin.”

“She’s just got a crush,” Dongwoo assured his older sister, “it will pass. Especially when she realizes that he’ll never look at her like that.”

“He’s right,” Seunghyun nodded, “she’ll get over him. Especially with the seven guys she’s got hanging on her every word.”

“She’ll probably end up with one of them,” Dongwoo nodded before noticing the stricken look on his sisters face, “I mean….um…”

“It’s fine,” Jiwoo sighed sadly, glancing over at BamBam, “it’s the truth.”

“Maybe you could do what they do in old tv shows,” Seunghyun suggested, “date someone else to get his attention.”

“That plan never works,” Jiwoo tried to smile, “I think I’ll go with just pinning away until someone who’ll like me comes along.”

“At least you have us,” Dongwoo smiled, “and Hyorin and the guys.”

“Yeah,” Jiwoo laughed, “thank goodness for that.”

A/N: poor Seunghyun. And poor Jiwoo and Dongwoo who are feeling left out by Got7. Also, smart boy Seunghyun, picking up on the VIXX-Hyorin relationship.

 I’d like to stress how sorry I am that it’s been so long since the last update. Life’s been…….a little crazy. Had a family member die and that just……I didn’t really do anything for a few days. I’m finishing up another story and that’s taking a lot of time (do you have any idea how hard it is to write a big, epic climatic battle? So many people to keep track of *faints*). And then, because life isn’t crazy enough, my internet decided to go “oh, do you need me? Well too bad *dies*” so I’ve been MIA online for the past couple of days. You’d think that would just give me more time to write but…….a good 40-50% of my inspiration comes from seeing what other writers are doing so…..yeah. writing the past couple of days was like pulling my own teeth out. But now that that’s all done, I’m hopefully going to have chapter 8 done way soon so…enjoy that when it comes out!!