Chapter 8

When Demons Come Calling

“So,” Kihyun asked as she walked home with the Got7 boys following, “where’s everyone else?”

“No idea,” Youngjae shrugged.

“I thought I saw them getting on a bus,” Jackson frowned, trying to recall when he’s last seen Jiwoo, Dongwoo, and Seunghyun.

“Yeah,” Yugyeom nodded, “they got on the same bus that JB and the others normally take to get to the college.”

“Why would they be going there?” BamBam wondered, “JB didn’t say anything.”

“Wanna go and find out?” Kihyun offered, the idea of getting to see Hongbin much too tempting for her to resist.

“Alright,” the four nodded and the group headed to the nearest bus stop.

 

--

 

“I loathe her,” Jiwoo growled, burying her head in Hyorin’s shoulder and earning herself a playful huff from Hyuk for taking the spot beside Hyorin.

“Now now,” Hyorin tried to comfort the younger, “I’m sure it’s not that bad.”

“It is,” Seunghyun sighed, “she got put in a group for English with Kihyun and BamBam. Kihyun took charge and totally ignored anything Jiwoo suggested. And BamBam…….”

“He just agreed with her,” Jiwoo sighed, letting Ken pull her into a one armed hug to comfort her, “even when Kihyun accused me of being bossy.”

“Wait,” N scowled, “she accused you of being bossy? When she took control of everything?”

“Kihyun likes being in charge,” Seunghyun shrugged, “it’s why no one ever liked being in a group with her at our old school.”

“Naturally,” Leo nodded.

“Plus she’s always been that weird girl who’s into murders,” Seunghyun added, “that puts people off big time.”

“How’d she get into that by the way?” Ravi questioned, “She read something or have a traumatic experience?”

“Our mom liked reading about that stuff,” Seunghyun explained, “and she got Kihyun into it even thought dad didn’t think it was all that age appropriate for a seven year old.”

“Seven?” Hyuk scoffed, “really?”

“Your mother,” Hongbin trailed off, not sure what to say or what wouldn’t offend Seunghyun.

“Yeah,” the young human just shrugged.

“Um,” Ken suddenly spoke up, “am I the only one who see’s SHINee and Zelo t the next stop?”

“You aren’t the only one,” Leo frowned.

“Why would they be here?” Hyorin asked.

“We’re about to find out,” Hongbin said, “they’re getting on.”

“Hey, kids,” Zelo smiled as he made his way over to the group at the back of the bus.

“Jiwoo,” Taemin grinned, rushing to hug the young girl, “how are you? Got BamBam’s attention yet?”

“Bad thing to mention,” Hongbin warned, sending a small wave of comfort at Jiwoo who smiled gratefully in return.

“What happened?” Taemin started to press before Key lightly smacked him.

“Not the time,” Key told the youngest, “get someone else to fill you in later.

“Speaking of the time to talk or not,” N frowned, “can you tell us why you’re here?”

“Once we get home,” Onew said before turning to Seunghyun, “long time so see, Seunghyun.”

“Hi,” Seunghyun smiled shyly. Growing up, he’s never spent much time with Zelo and SHINee, so he was rather shy around them.

“Sorry to mess up whatever plans you guys had,” Jonghyun apologized.

“We actually didn’t plan to meet up so soon,” Minho added, “we were doing a bit of sightseeing first. Get the lay of the land, ya know?”

“Are you going to stay for long?” Hyorin asked, but she figured she already knew the answer to that. The six never stayed anywhere for very long. There was always a new demonic evil to chase down.

“We’re gonna try,” Onew nodded, “but you never know with our work.”

“Could work out the way we want,” Jonghyun nodded, “or we could have to head out tonight.”

“But at least we’re doing good,” Zelo smiled, “even if we don’t have a permanent residence.”

“And we all love you for it,” Hyorin smiled.

“What she said,” Hyuk nodded and his brothers all echoed the sentiment.

 “Hopefully you’ll get to stay for a few weeks, though,” Jiwoo spoke up, “all the travel you guys do can’t be good for your health.”

“Or your sleep pattern,” Dongwoo nodded, “so as soon as we get home, you guys should rest.”

“Rest?” Taemin glanced at his master and brothers hopefully, “like….in a real bed?”

“With pillows and a mattress?” Minho shared the same hopeful look, “and blankets?”

“We’ll rest when we get to the boarding house,” Zelo promised, earning a cheer from SHINee.

A/N: wow, first time SHINee’s shown up this fast. Normally, they’re, like, final chapter material, like the big guns you bring out for the big boss battle at the end. Nice change to bring ‘em in and not have to write a battle directly after.