Chap. 1

Am I Worth It?

 A/N: Hey guys, so I haven't updated in forever, but now I finally have my creative juices flowing! Enjoy!

—J.L.

 

KAI POV

I woke up in what seemed to be a recording studio. I have no idea where I am, I just have a very blurry vision and blurred memories... Ow, I have a headache. I checked the time on my phone. 1 AM. Damn, no one was here. It was pitch black, so I used my phone as a flashlight. It was a small studio, probably it was for a solo artist and not for a boy band. I was lying on a cozy couch. Well, it was something in between a couch and a bed. Either way it was small. My legs couldn't really fit in it.

I heard someone unlocking the door. Who the hell records at that hour? 

I saw a short young raven haired man come in. He came closer to the bed, without noticing me. I took a closer look at him. He was really handsome. And he looked even shorter. I looked at him, amused.

He went over to the mic, and started singing. I would be lying if I didn't think that he was the Voice of K-Pop. He obviously was a solo singer, since a guy like him is obviously too good to be part of a boy band. But again, before meeting him I thought that Baekhyun was one of the best vocalists, yet he was in EXO, a talentless group that does well thanks to him and a guy called Yixing.

Back to the mysterious boy, after he finished singing his ballad I was staring at him, wide-eyed. He just smirked at me. "Joon, stop staring, I know you like my voice, but we've been bandmates for four years!" I couldn't BELIEVE he was in a boy band! He should go solo!

"Joon, I—" He came closer to me. I felt my cheek heating up when he leaned in to see my face better. "You're not Joonmyeon" He simply stated. "Erm... N-No?" I stuttered. He kneeled down to reach my height (ha), and glances at my features. I blushed when the tips of our noses touched.

"Who are you? And how did you get here?" He softly asked, making that reassuring face that relieved all of my stress.

"I-I'm K-Kim Jongin." I still tensed up. He slightly smiled, putting his hand on my arm, rubbing soothing circles.

Wow this guy sure knew how to make me feel safe, I thought.

"I'm Do Kyungsoo." He smiled at me, "so, do you like my singing?"

 I nodded enthusiastically. Kyungsoo's grin got even wider. 

"Well, if you want I cam teach you sometimes. But seriously, I'm not the best singer out there." I was bewildered at his modesty. He IS the best! "Listen, I've heard it all when it comes to vocals, Baekhyun, Daehyun, Taeyang, Daesung, YOU NAME IT. I even heard Daehyun! No one topped your level."

He chuckled, "I think you're over-praising me, Jongin. I mean, I had people telling me that I'm good, but comparing me to Taeyang and Daesung?"

I nodded enthusiastically.

"Do you like singing?" He asked me.

"Um, well, I'd like to learn, but I'm not very good."

"You never know till you try." He grabbed my arm and he dragged me to the mic. He pulled a sheet of paper with the lyrics for 'Overdose'. He played the tune and I started singing. I was just as bad as Yongguk(?).

At the end of the song, Kyungsoo clapped his hands. I blushed.

"It was nice. Now I see you're tired" he checked his watch, "It's 2 AM. Go to sleep" I complied, and I hummed when I covered myself in the blankets. Kyungsoo started singing 'Call mebaby' and his soft voice lulled me to sleep.