B is for Bowling

Alphabet Soup: GOT7 Style

Inspired by Starcast bowling date with GOT7 (ahem GOT3)

__________

“We have the night off! We have the night off!” Bambam shouts, jumping up and down in celebration as soon as Jaebum relays the news.

“Yes!” Yugyeom echoes the sentiment, getting up from his spot on the floor to join Bambam in his cheers and adding in his own little dance of happiness.

Jinyoung and Mark stay sitting on the couch, but they’re already busy debating the pros and cons between going out versus staying in to relax. 

Youngjae enters the room just as Bambam suggests that they go bowling.

“Yeah you guys went without us last time,” Yugyeom says, when he sees Youngjae.  “That wasn’t fair.”

“You were in America with Mark hyung, so you can’t complain,” Bambam retorts, poking his friend in the side and causing Yugyeom to counterattack.

“Kids, no fighting, otherwise we’re staying in and that’s that.”  Jaebum, forever the voice of reason in the land of chaos.

“Let’s go out to eat and then to the movies,” Youngjae suggests, taking a seat next to Jinyoung on the couch and playing with the bear-face plushie that’s been left there.  “I think that’s a better idea, don’t you?”

“You just don’t want to go because you lost last time hyung.” Bambam smirks, acting all of his young age.

“No, that’s not it,” Youngjae insists, shaking his head in quick denial.  “I just think we should wait to go bowling when Jackson hyung can come.  That way it will be all seven of us, and no one will feel left out again.”

“He’s busy filming Roommate now.  I’m sure he’ll understand though.”  Still a little uncertain and not wanting to hurt feelings, Yugyeom turns to Mark for his opinion.  “What do you think hyung?”

“It would be nice if Jackson could go,” he says, agreeing with Youngjae, “but he won’t be mad Yugyeom… don’t worry.”  He’s upset his friend is missing out on the group outing, but he knows it won’t be the last time it happens since Jackson’s been getting more and more show offers.  Besides the kids could really use a break and bowling sounded like a fun evening out.  And later if Jackson has hurt feelings, he’ll just have to find a way to make it up to him.  

“All right, let’s take a vote,” Jinyoung is quick to announce, already thinking ahead and wanting to prevent further arguments. 

“Wait, wait… can we go out to eat and then go bowling?” Yugyeom asks.

“Yes, we’ll make sure you’re well fed,” Jinyoung promises the younger boy with a smile.

It only takes one round of voting to make a decision.  Five-to-one, with Youngjae being the odd man out and voting against going to the bowling alley.

“Yes, this is going to be awesome!  Jaebum hyung, I’m winning this time, so be prepared to lose,” Bambam declares, already preparing his victory dance in his head (it’ll be totally epic).  “And let’s have the loser pay again!” 

As the members start dispersing to head toward their rooms to get dressed to go out, Jaebum yells after them.  “Meet back in the living room in thirty minutes, or we’ll leave without you.”  

______

He finds Youngjae sitting on the bed with his bottom lip sticking out.

“Hey, no pouting allowed,” he says, shutting the door behind him for a little extra privacy.  The truth, however, is that he finds Youngjae’s pouting face to be extremely cute and he’s more than a little weak to it.  He refuses to tell Youngjae that, for obvious reasons. 

Even though Youngjae doesn’t realize it yet — and seriously Heaven help him when Youngjae figures it out — he’s pretty much putty in the younger boy’s hands.  Whatever Youngjae wants, he wants to give it.  Whatever makes Youngjae happy, if it’s in his power, he wants to do it.  

“Sorry, hyung.”  He looks a little sheepish at being caught, and Jaebum finds that completely adorable too.  “Why didn’t you vote for the movies with me? It would have been fun.”

He much rather go to the movies too, sitting close to Youngjae and in a dark theater sounded like a pretty sweet night to him.  But to keep from playing favorites (something he’s working hard on doing lately), he voted for bowling.  So now instead of looking forward to a relatively peaceful night ahead, he’ll be busy trying to keep charge of everyone and making sure they don’t act too-out-of-control crazy while in public.  

“Why don’t I suggest partners?” Jaebum asks, coming to sit next to him on the bed.

Youngjae gives him a small smile.  “That might have worked if Bambam hadn’t went on and on for weeks to everyone about how bad I was at bowling.”  He groans.  He likes Bambam, he does, but sometimes the urge to strangle him is really really hard to resist.  “Argh, whatever. It’ll be fine, don’t worry, hyung.”

“Hey, what about me?”  At Youngjae’s blank look, he offers, “I’ll be your partner.”

“Haha, funny hyung.”  He shakes his head, laughing at the thought, the best bowler in GOT7 stuck with the world’s worst player.  Even karma wouldn’t be so cruel.

“No, seriously, let’s be partners.”

“Really?  Even though I’m beyond terrible?  What about the loser having to pay? You’ll come in last place with me hyung.”

“No, we won’t.  I’m good, remember? And I’ll give you some tips.”  Jaebum smiles at that, thinking that helping Youngjae with his bowling technique might not be such a bad way to spend the evening either.  “And if we’re still last place, I don’t care.  I want to be your partner, it’ll be fun.”

“Partners?” Youngjae asks, still slightly incredulous, and Jaebum nods yes.  “Have I told you that you’re the best boyfriend ever?”  It’s the first time he’s called Jaebum that, and maybe it should have made him a little shy, but he realizes it doesn’t. 

“Boyfriend?” Jaebum grins.  “So is that what I am now?”

“Well I would think after what we did last night that would uh qualify you for that status hyung.”  Okay, now he’s definitely blushing, and he turns to bury his face in the crook of Jaebum’s neck.

“Boyfriend,” Jaebum repeats again, enjoying that it sounds so natural to say, and puts an arm around Youngjae hugging him closer.

“Mhmm yes.”  Garbled words accompany by a tiny nod from Youngjae.

“I like the sound of that,” Jaebum murmurs softly, tilting his head down to press a quick kiss to Youngjae’s cheek.  “I’ll be your boyfriend Youngjaeya, for as long as you’ll have me.”

Youngjae backs away and looks up after hearing those words.  He wants to ask what about forever, hyung? because forever sounded like paradise to him, but he keeps the words to himself thinking perhaps it’s too soon to say that to Jaebum.

So instead he smiles and teases lightly, “I think I’ll keep you, hyung.”

“Will you?” Jaebum wants to say promise me you’ll always feel that way, but he doesn’t, thinking perhaps it’s too soon to ask that of Youngjae.

“Yes.”

For both of them, this relationship is new and bright and shiny and neither wants to mess it up, so they handle it with care in every conversation and in every look and touch.

And just as Jaebum leans forward, Youngjae meets him halfway, both letting all the words and feelings unspoken speak through the kiss they share.  

The words and promises will come in time, but for now, in this moment, it’s more than enough.  

FIN

__________

Comments and constructive criticism are welcomed. Thank you (again) to those who left messages and subscribed last chapter.  Out of curiosity, besides GOT7, any other favorite groups?

Next chapter, there will be a new pairing.