Secret Admirer

Short Stories

Secret Admirer

 

She harshly opened her locker in search of certain book but stopped midway when she spotted something odd instead—a piece of paper laying above her piles of note books.

Whoever read this, you need to know that you’re a beautiful person inside and out. Keep your smile intact because it can surely bright everyone’s heart. Especially my heart. Have a great day!

She didn’t remember writing such a thing. And to be quite honest, it wasn’t her first time encountering this kind of stuff though. In fact, it had been happening for almost three months in a row—in every Mondays for a more specific detail.

But, she never paid any attention before.

Her friend once told her that she might have admirer. But, why did she even get admirer in the first place?

She wasn’t a queen bee, nor did she have a smartpants title around university. She did not come from wealthy background either; hence, she had been taking a side job of being waitress in a small coffee shop downtown for almost five months by now. So, looking to herself, confusion was clear through her face. What was there to admire anyway?

She wasn’t someone who was worth to be admired. That was she thought. She couldn’t understand what was going on inside that person’s head— her admirer’s mind. And after such a long period being the received end of those gestures, she came to realize that her so-called admirer was indeed different—it explained why they even claimed themselves as her admirer, a fan, which was a strange taste.

Why would she say that? Because by now, she had gathered enough proof that they did not act like any admirers out there would do.

Aside of occasionally sending her notes with a full of encouragement words inside her locker every Mondays, they did not send her anything at all. Even for special days such as Valentine, she still did not find anything unusual, like maybe a single red rose or a pack of chocolate being kept inside her storage. Although she recalled that Valentine this year happened on Saturday, she couldn’t shake the feeling of excitement that last for a few seconds after she had opened her locker hastily.

And her look turned somber immediately, when she got no gift at all.

Only note contained with words to cheer her up in her daily Monday. She almost got upset but the last line of the paragraph that was written in a smaller size had made her day a whole lot better.

Ps: Although I’m not giving you any present, it doesn’t mean you aren’t important person. You are important, even your basic existence are. At least, for me.  It’s hard to find flower that would compare to your beauty, so I end up buying you nothing. Sorry.

Up until now, these notes had helped her through anything. Her little escapade. It had made her day, because in a few seconds ago, she was close to bang her fist against her locker surface. The thought of forgetting her task was pissing her off.    

She hurled her head back cautiously, slowly revealing her face behind the opened locker and trying to figure out someone who had frequently sent these heartwarming messages towards her.     

The latter quirked her brows while roaming her eyes through this bustling hall of her university building. Examining everyone who stood close to her place and noting their expressions.

But, Tiffany thought that they seemed pretty….normal.

Shouldn’t someone who do secret thing like this at the very least imposed such a shy expression? And thinking about it again, they would never stand in these close proximities either. Who were in their right mind would do that? If their intention were to approach in such stealthy way, they would not stupid enough to reveal themselves without a mere cover right?

The latter then shrugged her inner banter while folding the note. She stored it inside her pocket, just in case she had another unexpected turn of event which potentially setting her in rage—hopefully she would be able to calm herself after reading it once again. She pulled the door close after she grabbed the book she once looking for. Her feet merely moved a bit when out of nowhere, her sight that formerly hid by the metal surface of her locker door, had filled with someone instead.

Someone whose identity she didn’t know, that is.

When did she even stand this without me noticing?

It was her first thought that came into her mind. She had scanned this figure from the crown of her hair that was visible for her to see—it was because this stranger so happened to be shorter than she was, to her cascading black hair that reach over her shoulders. Not to mention with bangs slightly covered her temple, that it was almost hard to think that they even had same ages. Her barely brows got outstand with the help of her bright brown eyes. The sight was so captivating when she almost clearly saw her own reflection through it, down to her pointed nose and then her thin lips.

Tiffany unconsciously bit her own, palming her face at her brief muse to touch her lips. It looked so soft, so she couldn’t help but wonder about how soft it was. Her eyes traced lower, noting how defined her jawline, pale complexion, and even down to generally inspect anything.

She finally got to the end of her not so brief scanning session when her eyes planted at the bottom of her feet, which covered with boots. A bright yellow pair of boots. It looked so squeaky, the lamps light even redirected through its surface when she spared a quick glance.  

“Hello…”

Her voice was so melodious and calming, for some odd reason, Tiffany assumed that this girl could even be a singer—although she was merely greeting her in such a short words as the basic of conversation.

“Hi…” She replied hesitantly, eyes were cautiously scanning her guest who only smiled back without any intention to start another small talk. Rather, she, herself did not really mind. Although she barely knew her, it felt like she had known her long enough to silently smile towards each other without any necessary to talk or even being uncomfortable.

And she had to admit that her smile was contagious though. Therefore, it was not her fault at all if she found out about another curling movement her lips made just after seeing her wide splitting smile. Tiffany was so not aware of that fact.

From the way she dressed, Tiffany’s thought had full with some possibilities of way she wore such a blinding outfit. It resulted her eyes to snap in realization. These possibilities leaded into one point that hit her square on the face—the abrupt change of weather outside.

And one important thing, which was the fact that she didn’t bring her umbrella came barging as well.

“Have you read the note?” That stranger grinned making her stare at the person even longer just because she looked more alluring by second with a grin across her lips. Her eyes shot wide at the last word. Note?!

“I just come by to give you this,” A small bundle, its surface was covered with waterproof fabric, could easily detect as umbrella for people to see, was being handed towards her.

“Just in case the sky outside turns gloomy, you would still be able to walk home with bright smile. Have a nice day.” With those last words, the girl had strode away leaving open with another apprehension, too stunned by the sudden presence of her admirer.


Random story,

[A/N]: Inspired by MoccaMy Secret Admirer.    

Enjoy reading everyone! ^^