Little Angel

Short Stories

Little Angel 

 

A light from outside suddenly breaks through the gap when she happens to push the door open. She closes it lightly behind her and tiptoes her way inside the room—afraid to wake the one she loves dearly who is currently sleeping at this hour.

Her room isn’t that dark, because this sleeping figure most likely forgets to use her curtains to cover her windows, making the moonlight can easily beam inside to illuminate her face and the rest of the room.

Tiffany’s bed is located near the window, so the approaching figure doesn’t find any difficulty to spot her at all. The rays from outside have brightened her face wholly and made word beautiful is not enough to describe her sight right now.

She smiles to herself, bending down in process before deciding to sit on the floor beside her bed instead. She uses her chin to support her upper body, eyes bonds on her face when she barely holds herself from Tiffany’s hair.

The latter truly doesn’t want to wake her up. She knows that this girl has gone through so much these few days, and she doesn’t wish to add more on her plate just because she misses her.

Another wide smile creeps on her lips when she watches her smiling in her sleep. Tiffany probably has a nice dream, she solely thinks while still planting her gaze on the said person with her same sincere smile.

When she first met this girl, more than 10 years ago, it was such an amazing feeling that she couldn’t even properly say or arrange in words.

Up until now, the feeling stays same.   

It feels like she has the whole world when she first witnessed her smile.

Tiffany means a world to her.

She remembered the time when Tiffany was still a kid, a very curious yet clumsy little kid, and the thought of how she ended up falling asleep in her arms one of these fine days. At that time, it felt like she couldn’t take her eyes off her. Tiffany was so beautiful that it almost unfair to see her angelic smile that she naturally posed even when she was not aware of it, she was sleeping after all.

And, yes Tiffany is an angel in Kim Taeyeon’s eyes.

“Why are you so perfect, huh?” She chuckles lowly, feeling her eyes watery at the abrupt thought of parting with this girl. It will be the death of her if it does happen. She can’t lose someone she loves with all her heart, someone who makes her happy despite how many insecurities she has kept to herself, someone who means everything for her.

Her life will never be the same anymore.

Taeyeon chews her own lips to prevent herself from crying. No, it will never happen.

Losing Tiffany means losing her happiness.

Losing Tiffany means losing her ability to see the world in the same way.

Losing Tiffany means losing herself. She will certainly not know where to go when her direction is long gone right?

Eventually, her bottled emotions manage to crack her wall that once safely guarding it. She tries to suppress her sobs and clutch the bed sheet inside her hands in an attempt to calm herself. Her whole body shakes and she continues to cry silently, although her vision is now blurred, she can’t stop herself from watching over Tiffany with shaky smile—the aftermath of her crying state.

“You’re like her identical copy, you know that?” Taeyeon comments in strained voice while hiccupping occasionally. “And thanks to you, I couldn’t help but miss her again.” She supports herself to stand up and slowly straighten her back. She then hastily wipes her wet face and is about to bend down to kiss her goodnight but momentary holds it when she hears her phone ringing. She quickly fetches it out to silent her ringtone.

Her lips automatically curves upward when she sees the flashing name on her screen. She sweeps her device and places it on her right ear, halting herself from speaking hello.

“Hello Taeyeon baby? I’m sorry for taking a longer time to call you! I just, you know, I was trying my best to deal with them in a quick time and here it is my chance to call you. Hello Taeyeon? Err… Are you sleeping or what?” The voice trails into a faint whisper and she presses her lips even tighter to maintain her mute reply when her ear catches her mumble what time is it in Korea anyway?

Taeyeon gives up and finally creaks an answer, “Hello…”

“Oh my gosh! I thought you were sleeping on me or something like that! But wait! What is it with your voice? Are you crying Kim Taeyeon? Is there something wrong? I will head back as soon as possible I promi-“

“Chill, honey.”

She hears the other voice responding in the opposite word she has just blurt out.

“I’m just being my emotional self today,” Taeyeon laughs to ease her another loved one. “I’m watching Tiffany asleep just now and couldn’t help myself from letting out my tears. Time sure flies fast; it’s been over ten years you know,” She chokes slightly when a wave of memories comes to her mind and she tries her best to convey her gratitude of their existences, the ones she loves very much. “h-having her in our life? Having you that bring her to our life? I couldn’t be grateful anymore.”

“Oh my god, Kim Taeyeon! You scared the hell out of me you know that?! A-and do you want to know what’s so annoying about you after saying those words huh?”

Taeyeon slowly grins while hearing it, she didn’t care with the trail of tears that has been running down her cheeks right then and there. “Am I making you cry right now? Because even from here, I can hear your hitched breaths, lady.”

“Damn you, face time now so we can bawl our eyes out together! It’s not our anniversary yet what are you doing to me just now? And I freaking miss Tiffany as well, you babo!”

She giggles and turns to look at Tiffany. “Wait, I will kiss her goodnight first before facing your swollen eyes.” The latter crouches her body and plants a chaste kiss on her temple while smiling widely,

“My little angel, sleep tight.” She mumbles softly, all the while ignoring the ranting that has in all probability thrown at her as she distances herself from her phone.

Taeyeon spins in her heels and heads out quietly, placing her device back near her hearing as soon as gets outside.

“I’m so jealous of you!” The shout jerks her body a bit after she has calmly closes the door of Tiffany’s room.

“Why? I love you just as much, Stephanie Hwang Miyoung.” She snickers to herself while gently descending the stairs, imagining her wife’s beautiful face that by now is pretty much ruined by tears at the thought of their adorable daughter—Kim Tiffany.

“Okay well, I love you too but what’s matter now is the fact that you can freely kiss her while I can’t! Yah! I said face time right now! Why do you like to torture me so much, Kim Taeyeon?!”   

 

 


For a starter, 

[A/N]: Inspired by Standing Egg Little Star.

Enjoy reading everyone! ^^