III

What Jiyong Thinks
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Thought Three


 

“But I have a boyfriend, right here!”

 

“...”

 

“WHAT? JI, ARE YOU CRAZY?!”

 

“OH MY GOD YONG-AH, YOU DID NOT JUST SAY THAT. YOU LOVE ME!”

 

“WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT, YOU NASTY NUTCASE!”

 

All three people in the living room screamed at Jiyong after a small minute of silence and he started to sweat a little. It felt like three very vicious bulldogs were yapping at him all at once and he might or might not lose his head that day.

 

“Are you kidding me, Kwon Jiyong? Why didn’t you tell me this earlier!?” Jiyong’s mother demanded from his left.

 

“Ji, what are you talking about? You promised me to love me forever!” Seok Areum pretended to sob as she let her gigantic crocodile tears slip down her make-up caked cheeks.

 

“You nasty little , I knew you were no good. First, you don’t feed me, now you’re saying that I’m your boyfriend!” the man fumed and glared at Jiyong with malice stronger than hydrochloric acid, he looked like he was going to beat the out of Jiyong anytime and Jiyong lept into action before his mom could accuse him of lying to her. Jiyong quickly hopped to the man’s side on the sofa and snuggled down with him. His arm found itself around the other’s waist almost too fast to be an act.

 

“This is my boyfriend, his name isㅡ” Crap, Jiyong didn’t even know the man’s name. Why didn’t he ask him earlier like any other normal human being? Okay, maybe because he wasn’t just any normal human being. He was Kwon ing Jiyong for ’s sake. Nope, no time for that, what was he going to do now? Think, Jiyong think, he chanted like a mantra. What did the man look like? What did he resemble? Guess his name, Jiyong! You’re a genius! But geniuses weren’t name guessers, argh!

 

“ㅡPanda. Yeah, I call him panda because his dark eyebagsㅡ” Jiyong turned around to sneak a look at the man in his arms and quickly looked away before the man’s glare could physically kill him. He honestly looked like he was going to punch Jiyong right here, right now, and Jiyong lept into action once again. He pinched the other guy’s waist fat behind his back and he hissed, glaring at Jiyong harder. Jiyong leaned into him, ignorant about the other’s menace, and whispered against his ear, making it look like he was kissing the guy on the ear to his mom and Seok Areum (like Jiyong would let Seok Areum do as she pleased. No , not even over his dead body).

 

“Please, I beg you, cooperate. I’ll explain it to you after this, okay? I’ll give you your breakfast,” Jiyong muttered into the man’s ear and maybe it was the desperateness in his voice or the warm arm that he had wrapped around the man’s waist, or perhaps it was that Jiyong promised to treat him to breakfast or whatever, but the other guy gave Jiyong a slow but definite nod and Jiyong sighed in relief.

 

“Name?” he added, giving the man some time to answer before pulling away to give his mom and Seok Areum an innocent grin. He caught a ‘Seungri’ before he completed pulled away and mouthed a ‘call me Ji’ at him. Standing back up again, Jiyong looked at his mother and gulped (oh hell, he was nervous. This could result in his mom disowning him).

 

“Mom, I love Seungri, and I won’t be leaving him for your wishes,” Jiyong stood his ground, his acting could have won the Oscars but he would be insulting Leonardo DiCaprio by saying that, so he ignored that lame comment. Plan A was to convince his mom to call off this unfair arranged marriage with a boyfriend as an excuse. Plan B was to escape to the Pacific Ocean and live as a merman for the rest of his life (like that was totally possible). Hey, Jiyong could have dreams. Not saying that being a merman was one of them though.

 

“And he loves me the way I love him. We will not separate for you, mom,” he uttered. His mom blinked back at him blankly but the shock was clear in her eyes. Jiyong dared to peer over at Seok Areum to see her reaction and oh god, did he regret it. Her face displayed great dislike and the small ‘ew, oh my god, he’s gay’, unfortunately was caught by his ears.

 

“Correction, I am bi. Biual, if I need to explain it to your miniscule brainㅡ” Jiyong quietened down when his mother’s harsh glare was once again, on him. The room was filled with awkward silence as either sides refused to back down. Jiyong continued to stare at his mom and she stared right back. Seok Areum was continuing with her fake sobbing and the man on the couch just sat there in confusion.

 

“Ah… Eommonim, I do really love Ji. Please accept our relationship,” the man spoke up and Jiyong sighed deeply in silence. At least the manㅡ his name was Seungri. At least Seungri was willing to cooperate and help him get out his peril.

 

“Ji, he could be with you because of your money!” his mom countered, her patience was wearing out. As a mother, she only wished for her children to have the best and she didn’t want Jiyong to be together with some man who was just there for his money. But why was Jiyong so stubborn? Seok Areum was a gorgeous woman, she had a high salary and stable job. She was an educated young woman and last but not least, she loved Jiyong (or so Jiyong’s mom thought).

 

“And how do you know that Seok Areum isn’t trying to marry me because of my money?” Jiyong shouted back, blinded by his anger. He softened his voice slightly when he saw his mom flinch at the power in his voice. “Mom, I know you just care for your baby boy but you’ve got to understand; Seungri and I are happy,” he lied smoothly. Gosh, he should be so credited; his acting was better than professional actors!

 

“But Yongie, you said you love me!” Seok Areum interrupted, trying to make Jiyong’s mother doubt him again and Jiyong cursed under his breath. this gold digging , couldn’t she just leave him alone once and for all? Ugh, Jiyong was sick and tired of dealing with her bull. He just wanted to go back to sleep and then wake up, and hopefully everything would be the same as usual. As if there was no strange man named Seungri in his house and his mom didn’t insist on him marrying a backstabbing little .

 

“Correction again, loved. Once, but not anymore,” Jiyong bit back. He hissed at Seok Areum in annoyance. Go away, face; Jiyong didn’t need her in his life again.

 

“Jiyong,” his mother warned, pinching her temples in exasperation. It was only around nine in the morning and she already felt like going back to bed (she probably should, considering the amount of stress she had to carry everyday).

 

“This is giving me a headache, I’m leaving. But this isn’t over yet, Jiyong, you are still engaged to Areum,” she strode out of the house with Seok Areum sashaying behind her. Just before the two women completely exited the apartment, Seok Areum turned her head around and blew a kiss at Jiyong. Jiyong quickly blew it in another direction; rejecting it. She gave him the finger and disappeared after his mother.

 

“Welp…” Seungri grunted from the sofa, “Um, Jiyong-shi, about breakfastㅡ”

 

“DO I LOOK LIKE I WANT BREAKFAST?”

 

“You don’t, but I doㅡ”

 

“OF COURSE I DON’T, THAT SEOK AREUM ARGH!”

 

“Jiyong-shi, please calm downㅡ”

 

“YOU DON’T UNDERSTAND! DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT SHE DID TO ME? SHE LEGIT CHEATED ON ME WITH FOURTEEN OTHER MEN!”

 

“Jiyong-shiㅡ”

 

“I WISH SHE WOULD JUST LEAVE ME ALONE AND STOP TRYING TO USE MY MONEYㅡ”

 

“CALM DOWN OR I WILL RUN OUT THERE AND TELL YOUR MOM THAT WE ARE NOT LOVERS AND THAT SHE IS FREE TO SHIP HER OWN SON WITH SOME POINTLESS !”

 

“Seungri sweetie, calm down pleaseㅡ

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter