Scenario 4.3

Day Off

Scenario 4.3

 

 

They were getting ready to go to the airport and finally proceed with their overdelayed vacation trip that they have been planning since before their comeback. They had worked literally everyday even when their promotion cycle had ended; the festivals and events lined up after their music show promotions were hell. Solar had just recovered from her back pain, Moonbyul had injured herself by tripping while she was competing during ISAC and Wheein had to put a cast on her foot after her ankle injury worsened. Fortunately, nothing happened to the maknae, Hwasa, and they were very grateful for it. After everything they've been through, they were granted the holiday, which brings us back to the apartment of one named Solar. Disregarding this, however, all four members of the trending and rising girl group, Mamamoo, were present in the apartment.

 

"Have you guys packed all the necessities you need? We're going for a week so make sure you don't leave anything behind," Solar nagged.

 

"Yes ma'am!"

 

"If there's nothing else, let's get going. Our manager-unnie is waiting for us."

 

"Hyelim-unnie?"

 

"She volunteered to send us off before heading to her hometown."

 

"Is that so? Then let's not waste anymore time,  she must be eager to go back home."

 

They made sure that the gas tap is off, their windows and door are locked and passports are all in their possession before heading to the basement floor where their manager unnie had been waiting for them. They were greeted with a huge smile and they returned it with an equally large smile on their faces. They had been waiting so long for this day to happen and now they're all set for their week-long vacation. With excited hearts, they went off to the airport.

 

MAMAMOO

 

Travelling for them means selca, eating, sightseeing and more selcas. There has never been a day where they didn't take pictures of themselves, no matter if they were eating, playing or fooling around. Only a minute has passed since they safely strapped themselves to their seat and they couldn't resist taking a selca with their respective seatmates; Solar with Moonbyul and Wheein with Hwasa. The other seat next to Wheein was conveniently empty so they won't be bothering anyone.

 

Since Solar has been Moonbyul's plane seatmate since their first time flying together, she knew exactly what to do as the plane was getting ready for take-off. True that she was  excited to fly but Moonbyul was actually worried and scared of flying. The pressure building in her ears that temporarily deafen her and the speed at which the plane moves right before take-off caused her stomach to do somersaults, making her feel sick. Solar took Moonbyul's hand in hers and rubbed the backside of her hand gently, easing the tensions and reassuring her that the take-off will be smoothly done. Despite this, the younger one couldn't help but shut her eyes tightly as the ringing in her ears intensified and the butterfly in her stomach was fluttering its wings against her stomach's wall. Nauseous is an understatement but the encouragement by Solar helped her overcome it and when the plane was lifted from the ground, she finally opened her eyes and relaxed.

 

"Are you okay? Do you need anything?"

 

"I'll be fine."

 

Solar was unconvinced at the blue-faced Moonbyul and didn't let go of her hand just yet. She wouldn't admit it but the consistent massage to her hand was really comforting and she honestly wanted Solar to continue doing it but her palms were sweating so she subtly pulled her hand away. She rubbed her hands onto her jeans to dry them off and awkwardly put them on her lap afterwards.

 

"Thank you, Yongsun-unnie," she said, fiddling with her thumbs.

 

Seeing the blushing and shy Moonbyul, her lips automatically curled into a smile and leaned her head, whispering to her ears, "Anytime."

 

Moonbyul flinched at the close contact and jokingly pushed her away, hiding her face behind her hands and looked out of the window. Her cheeks reddened and she pouted as Solar stole her role of being the greasy one in the team.

 

On the other hand, Solar was laughing out loud at Moonbyul's reaction and she wiped away the tears from the corner of her eyes. The situation was hilarious to her and she also cannot believe that she just did that to her. If anyone had done the same thing to herself, she would have the same reaction. She was feeling tingly all by herself after saying that to Moonbyul.

 

"Too much? Sorry, but I do mean it," Solar said as she pulled her blanket over herself.

 

With Solar hiding  underneath the blanket, she missed the smile that graced Moonbyul's face upon hearing the sincere confession but that also mean that Moonbyul can't see the smile that Solar has on her face, along with her flushed face.

 

A few seats behind them sat the maknae-line, who was busy looking through the brochures and the tourist guide that they had brought with them. The main topic that they talked about was obviously food; they had discussed where to go to eat and they even marked the places with stars and dog-ear the pages. Since their food taste was the same, they even planned to go on a food tour for the days they have free time together. They would invite the two unnies, but then their tastes clashes and they would ended up fighting about it; just like that time when they had chicken party. They had to resort to ordering both crispy chicken and the seasoned chicken because if they had ordered half-half, the portion will be smaller and none of them would have that.

 

"What do you think I should buy for my mom, Hyejin-ah?"

 

"Your mom? Maybe get something practical, like an apron?"

 

….?

 

"I shouldn't have asked you. Last time you told me to buy her a broom. Ahn Hyejin, I can buy that back at home. I don't have to go so far if I want to buy her an apron."

 

"Okay, okay. I don't have anything in mind. Let's just find her something when we go souvenir shopping," Hwasa laughed as she realized her nonsense answer.

 

"How long is the flight again?"

 

"Around seven hours?"

 

"That long? I'm so tired," Wheein said before she yawned.

 

"I know, and that's why I have prepared these," Hwasa beamed as she showed Wheein her favorite blanket and eye masks.

 

"I didn't know you brought it with you."

 

"Let's get to sleep. Here, for you."

 

Hwasa spread the blanket so it would cover both of them and she huddled closer - as close as she could - to Wheein so they would feel warmer and put on her own eye mask. Wheein smiled when Hwasa hugged her left hand and her dimple deepened when Hwasa leaned her head to rest on her shoulder.

 

Clingy.

 

"Sweet dream, Hyejin-ie."