Scenario 4.2

Day Off

Scenario 4.2:

 

The night stretched longer as she blinked to a dark ceiling, unable to sleep despite her exhaustion. It has been an hour or so since she retired to bed but she just can’t seem to rest her mind from thinking and by the absence of noise from the lower bunk, it would mean that Wheein had gone to the dreamland. She had thought of sneaking out of the room to get some water but she was afraid that she would wake the younger girl so she resorted to playing with her phone. Wearing her earpiece and setting the volume to the lowest possible, she played soft, relaxing music in hopes that it would help her sleep. Just as she was about to doze off, her phone beeped once to indicate incoming text.

Are you asleep, Byul-ah?

I’m still up, why?

I can’t sleep. What about you?

I have lots of thoughts in my mind.

Oh?

It’s nothing.

Are you in your room?

Yes, Wheein-ie is sleeping. I don’t want to wake her up.

Same, Hyejin’s sleeping in my room. She’s made a mess outside.

What to do with her? ^_^’

… … …

She must have fallen asleep.

Moonbyul exited the chat room and continued to play games on her phone. It was getting boring, she admitted, but she needed to do something at least other than staring at the dark ceiling. The song playing in her earpiece sounded very hazy and dreamy and her eyes were getting droopy. Without realizing it, she had fallen asleep and her phone screen flashed ‘Game over’.

 

MAMAMOO

 

Contrary to what Moonbyul had assumed, Solar was not at all sleeping but was rather in the kitchen, making herself some warm milk. Although she was chatting with Moonbyul, she opted not to bring her phone with her so the latter would have thought that she had fallen asleep. Of course she would love the company but she knew Moonbyul was tired from the long day and it’d be best for her to go and sleep.

She sat at the sofa in the messy living room and sipped her drink little by little and felt the tension left her as warmth filled her. She leaned back into the sofa and was feeling very comfortable. She hugged the sofa cushion tightly and fell asleep almost immediately.

Unknown to her, Hwasa had woken up when Solar went out of the room. She decided to give her space and laid back down to resume her sleep but when Solar didn’t return after a full 10 minutes, she got worried and got up. She went straight for her room-slash-living room and saw Solar asleep on the sofa. Hwasa grabbed Solar’s blanket from the room and draped it over the leader’s body so she wouldn’t get a cold. After ensuring that her sleep wasn’t disturbed, Hwasa dimmed the lighting and went back to Solar’s room to sleep.

 

MAMAMOO

 

Wheein was first to wake up and she figured that it’s a little too early to wake up Moonbyul so she quietly went out of the room to freshen up. She was surprised to see Solar sleeping in the living room instead of Hwasa and nearly gasped but managed to clamp before it happened. Tiptoeing, she carefully made her way to the bathroom. She splashed some water onto her face and brushed her teeth, planning to wash up later when everybody’s awake.

Curious as to Hwasa’s whereabouts, she chose to peek inside Solar’s room and sure enough Hwasa was splayed across their leader’s bed in place of the real bed owner. She face palmed at her best friend’s sleeping position and let her be. Wheein returned to her shared room with Moonbyul and saw her stretching her long limbs at the upper bunk.

“Oh, Wheein-ie! Morning~”

“Morning, Byulie-unnie.”

“Is everybody up?”

“No, we’re the only ones. Somehow Solar-unnie’s outside while Hyejin use her room.”

“Yongsun-unnie? I thought they’re sharing her room,” Moonbyul asked out loud.

“Sharing Solar-unnie’s room?”

“Yongsun-unnie said that Hwasa messed the living room and asked to sleep together.”

“Oh. Then why’s she outside?”

Moonbyul shrugged.

“What do you want for breakfast?”

“Byulie-unnie, you’re cooking?”

“Might as well. It’s not bad, once in a while.”

“Then, scrambled eggs and hash brown please!”

“Aigoo, our cute Wheein-ie. Okay!”

Wheein’s aegyo effectively snapped her from her grogginess and it cheered her up this early in the morning. She got down from her bed and pat Wheein’s head before going out of the room to get ready to cook. Wheein smiled at the gesture and followed her out.

 

MAMAMOO

 

Hwasa and Solar woke up at the same time and felt confusion as to where they had slept; Hwasa didn’t remember taking over the bed when she had slept at the floor on the padded mattress the night before and Solar had no idea where she got the blanket from because she was sure that she had slept without it last night. Hwasa left the room as it is and went to the living room where she saw Solar blankly looking into the space.

“Unnie, mamorning!”

“Hwasa-ah, morning.”

“Sorry I left you to sleep in the room alone.”

“I’m fine but what about you? Is your back okay?”

“It’s okay.”

“Ooh, you guys are awake!”

“Byul-unnie! Wheein!”

“What’s going on? Solar-unnie, why are you sleeping outside?”

“I was making myself warm milk last night and fell asleep here.”

I thought she fell asleep while texting me.

“Did you ignore my text, Yongsun-unnie?”

“I didn’t want to keep you up but I didn’t ignore your text. I left my phone in the room,” Solar explained as she realised that Moonbyul could misunderstood.

Text? Keeping her up? But I thought she slept right after washing up.

Wheein had a very puzzled look on her face, silently demanding an answer.

“I couldn’t sleep even though I was tired. Solar-unnie texted me first,” Moonbyul answered as she recognized the look on Wheein’s face.

“What’s this early in the morning? I’m hungry and I want food,” Hwasa complained as she sat on the sofa.

“That reminds me, Byulie-unnie’s making breakfast!!”

“Really? Byul-unnie hurry up and make me food!”

“I’ll help,” Solar offered as she headed to the kitchen, followed by Moonbyul.