The Setup

Girls Like Girls

It had been several weeks since Luhan moved in with Junmyeon and Taozi; sadly, during those past weeks, she hadn’t seen Minseok, even though they both had mention hanging out together the next time they ran into each other.

Luhan stretches her arms above her head before peeking at the clock on her nightstand. It was half-past eight in the morning. It was Sunday morning and this day meant that she had the whole day to herself. No homework, no worries, nothing! She figures that she could go bike-riding or waste the day in front of the TV.

While thinking of the possibilities this day promised, she was unaware of the curvaceous figure snoozing on the other side of her bed. She staggers out of bed toward her bathroom to brush her teeth and wash away the remainders of her makeup from last night. After she spits out mouthwash, she makes her way into the living room. She wonders if Taozi and Junmyeon are up yet.

As expected, Junmyeon and Taozi were up. Taozi was eating a bowl of cereal on the couch, her eyes glued to the TV screen. Junmyeon, on the other hand, was flipping through a magazine with a cup of coffee in her hand. Both were still cladded in their pajamas.

Luhan cheerily greets, “Good morning!”

Taozi’s eyes pop open. “Luhan! I didn’t know you woke up this early!” Taozi hurriedly places her half-eaten bowl on the coffee table before scurrying off to her room, her hands doing their best to cover her makeup-bare face.

“Taozi, why are you—“

“Don’t look at me!!1!”

Luhan watches the young girl run away in simple pajamas and bunny slippers. Luhan is left confused. “What’s with her?”

Junmyeon gives Luhan a ‘do-you-really-not-know?’ look. “She has a big crush on you.”

“R-really?” Luhan gapes.

“Of course. Why do you think she always uses that sickly-sweet voice and googly eyes whenever you are around?”  

“I thought she was just being nice to me because of who my family is.” Luhan mutters, walking into the kitchen to pour herself a glass of orange juice. Now that Junmyeon mentioned it, Taozi was always ridiculously nice to her, even though she hasn’t been friends with Taozi for more than a few months now. Taozi didn’t even show any love for the friends she had now. “How was your night?”

Junmyeon tosses the magazine on the kitchen table. “Frustrating. I had an exam online last night and I can’t believe my professor gave us an hour to complete sixty questions! That is like one minute per question.” Junmyeon huffs but then her eyes focus on Luhan. She smirks at Luhan. “But I heard you had a pretty good night.”

Coolly, Luhan sips her orange juice. “What do you mean by that?”

Junmyeon giggles, “Oh, c’mon! Don’t play coy with me. I saw your little booty call raiding our fridge late last night.”

“Booty call…?”

“Yeah, the girl you brought home last night. Listen, I don’t have any problems with you… playing for the other team. I like it actually. Women loving women, it’s better than always being at each other’s throats.”

Realization then dawns on Luhan. She did bring someone home last night. Just how did she forget that? “Oh, my god, I totally forgot about her! I think she’s still sleeping in my bed.” Luhan panics.

Junmyeon sneers, “Just how does that slip someone’s mind?”

Luhan dashes back into her room with Junmyeon following after her. The ‘booty call’ was now sitting up in Luhan’s bed, her dark hair tangled and half of her makeup rubbed off. Thankfully, she was wearing her bra and underwear when Luhan and Junmyeon walked in on her.

The stranger sheepishly smiles at the two girls standing in the doorway; she slips into her jeans. “G’morning.”

Luhan greets back, “Hi… sorry, I don’t recall your name. I’m Luhan.”

The girl pulls on her tank top. “I know who you are but you don’t remember me—which says a lot about our little encounter. I’m kind of disappointed, but who am I to fret? I got to spend the night with a gorgeous celeb.” She grabs her belongings and heads for the door, but she briefly stops in front of Luhan, her genuine smile reaching her doe eyes. “I had a great time last night. Maybe we’ll run into each other again, that is if you remember where to find me.” The girl winks at Luhan and takes her leave.

Junmyeon watches the pretty girl leave their apartment and then turns to Luhan. “She was pretty straightforward.”

“I kind of like it.”

(-)

Minseok was sitting her living room watching a Bewitched marathon when Yixing and Baekhyun walked through the front door, both awfully chippy so early in the morning. “Are you two lovebirds just getting in?” Minseok asks, turning down the volume so she could hear her friends.

Baekhyun tosses Minseok a small grocery bag with something in it. “No, we watched the sunrise together. It’s so beautiful when you have someone you love.”

Minseok pulls an ice cream bar from the bag, giving Yixing and Baekhyun an appreciative smile. “You guys think you’re newlyweds or something?”

Yixing sheepishly smiles. “Not yet.”

“You guys become cheesier the longer you are together, I swear.” Minseok laughs.

“So what plans does our little dumpling have today?”

Minseok ignores the little nickname Yixing has been calling her since the day she met him. “Eat this ice cream, watch some TV. Maybe take a shower… who knows? Anything can happen!”

“Min,” Baekhyun folds her arms in a serious manner. “I swear, don’t be holeing yourself in here all day. When I come back from my mom’s place, you better be doing something productive.”

“Fine!” Minseok rolls her eyes while her ice cream cone.

Yixing and Baekhyun take their leave to catch a cab to Baekhyun’s mom’s house. It was going to be Yixing’s first time meeting Baekhyun’s mother since they’ve been dating, and he was pretty nervous, but confident that he would impress his girlfriend’s mother. The two get into a cab and Baekhyun gives the driver the directions. Yixing decides to ask what happened at her apartment with Minseok.

“Baek, why are you so worried about Minseok?”

“What do you mean?”

“You were telling her to be something ‘productive’. It just sounded weird considering that Minseok is older than you and I. Shouldn’t it be the other way around?”

“Oh, that. Promise you won’t tell anyone I told you this.”

“I promise.”

“Tonight, Minseok is going on a date with Chanyeol.”

“Really? That’s great news!”

“Not to her. Minseok is actually dreading the date. But, understand that she’s getting a ton of pressure from her parents. She met up with them last weekend and they are being so harsh on her. They want her to find a promising career and marry the right guy all at the same time.”

“That is a lot of pressure. I’m sure no one can accomplish those two things at the same time. It’s too time-consuming.”

“That’s what I said. How can one maintain a relationship while going to school full-time and working part-time all week? Minseok is stressed and she is hoping that this date will loosen the pressure on her.” Baekhyun says. “And it was not that hard for her to find a date within a week. Chanyeol asked her out two days ago.”

“Well, yeah, Chanyeol doesn’t hide his admiration for her very well.” Yixing chuckles. “But why did you tell her to be more productive?”

“Well, she gets nervous on dates. It’s best if she focuses all her anxiety and nervousness on something else like learning a skill or taking up a hobby. I don’t know why, but it’s always been harder for Minseok to get along with men.”

“Why? She’s kind and beautiful.”

“Psh, she doesn’t think she’s attractive. That’s also why she thinks relationships never work out for her.”

“Poor Minseok.”

“You said it. Oh, this is our stop!”

(-)

“I remember her name!” Luhan shrieks in happiness as she unravels a wad of paper that she grabbed out of the jeans she wore the night before.

Junmyeon skips to Luhan’s side to take a gander at Luhan’s amazing reveal.

“Her name is Kyungsoo and she wrote her number for me.” Luhan excitedly says. “I don’t remember asking for her number but I think she must’ve slipped it into my pocket.”

“Again, she’s pretty straightforward.” Junmyeon comments.

Luhan nods affirmingly with a smile. “That’s exactly what I need in my life.”

“So you gonna call her? If you do, ask her on a date tonight! I mean, c'mon, the sooner the better!”

“Should I??”

“Yes!” Junmyeon urges. “Did you not see her? Those eyes, those heart-shaped lips, that beautiful head of hair!”

Luhan teases, “Maybe you should call her instead of me.”

Junmyeon laughs. “If you don’t, I definitely will.”

“Okay, okay, back off, Joon. I’m going to call her, but after I take a shower.” 


I found girl!Kyungsoo!