In it for first place

Girls Like Girls

Minseok? Could this perhaps be Chanyeol’s Minseok?

Deep down, Luhan wishes not.

“I’m Luhan.” Luhan squeaks. “I’m sorry for eavesdropping.”

Minseok shakes her head, her hands nervously running through her wild mane as if to make herself look more appropriate. Why did I have to dress like? Minseok groans. Luhan was dressed in what Minseok could only imagine designer clothes. She looks like a damn hobo next to Luhan. “No, I’m sorry… I mean, we. But it’s not like what it seems. I’m not a ert.”

Luhan grins at the cute girl’s flushed embarrassed face. “I believe you.” Luhan knows she should stop talking to this girl, Minseok. Lord knows that the more she converses with this girl, the more likely it is that Luhan will not let go of her.

Already Minseok has made it on a list Luhan didn’t even know existed. When it came to girlfriends, Luhan had three lists that categorized her ladies. The first holds her ex-girlfriends, i.e. the girls Luhan would be happy to not ever see again. Majority were train wrecks and gold-diggers. Luhan did not have a heart for those who were only with her because of her status and wealth.

The second held potential girlfriends, these were women Luhan knew she could get and keep. Most of them were celebrities as well, and with a flick of the wrist, Luhan can turn on the charm like that. She really liked women who were wealthy just like her.

And third category, though Luhan is not proud of it, is reserved for women that were just booty calls. Like ‘wham, bam, thank you, ma’am!’ This was the main reason why Luhan jumped from relationship to another.

Her therapist, whom was also her aunt that visited her regularly and make these ‘unscheduled’ therapy meetings, has told Luhan that she has issues leading back to her father, mother, and step mother. Since Luhan has never witnessed what a normal relationship looked like, she wastes her time on bimbos and airheads. Luhan would always negate whatever that meant, and used the excuse that the reason why she would jump ship on these hot girls was always because she got bored.

Her aunt then would say that Luhan is missing a part of herself that she would like to find in a significant other.

Pfft, psychology was total baloney!

And now, Minseok has started this entire group that Luhan didn’t even know existed until this moment. Minseok is the only one and will remain the only one in this group. This category was classified as ‘future wife’.

She really does not want this to turn into a competition for Minseok’s heart, given if this girl is really the girl that Chanyeol is talking about confessing to.

How messed up is this for Luhan to think like that about Chanyeol, a friend she just made? He was adorable and funny— such a sweet guy, and Luhan couldn’t help but feel guilty for wishing this not-yet-relationship to fail horribly so Luhan can be the shining Queen and make Minseok fall in love with her.

Love? That’s an unusually brazen thought for Luhan. Luhan is and never has been the committed type. And probably never will be, but for this girl, she would like the chance to be in a committed relationship.

Cliché, Luhan knows it is, but there was something about Minseok that made it impossible to look away from. Her face was blank but her eyes spoke volumes. Being shiny and the color of coal, it was hypnotic.

Minseok stared at her with a wonder in her eyes but her peach colored lips stayed in that firm, tight line. No emotion intelligible on her face, however, her eyes did all the talking. There was no wavering in her stare and for a moment, Luhan thought Minseok might have the same attraction to her and she did with Minseok. Luhan’s brain begins to hurt from thinking and she internally cries.

This was all very perplexing to say the least.

Ugh, I’m starting to sound like some cheesy romance novel.

“Sorry for my staring…” Minseok drops her gaze to the floor, and Luhan mentally replies, ‘Darling, you can stare at me all you want.’ “You just look familiar.” Minseok lies.

This Luhan girl didn’t look familiar, if anything, she looked foreign, but Minseok was captivated by her beauty. Never has Minseok seen a woman with such grace and refinement all in one person and setting. Luhan had shoulder length black hair, the tips of her hair occasionally sweeping across her fair face. A cute button nose that Minseok would’ve liked to poke at, along with a pair of lips that adorned one of the prettiest smiles Minseok has ever seen.

Is she even real? Minseok thoughtfully thinks to herself. Does she even realize how beautiful and magnificent she is? I wonder if she is also a wonderful wife; from just the way she is now, I’d say she is an extraordinary partner. Minseok smiles at her feet as she thinks of a scenario of Luhan looking at her with admiration and love as she would if she was a man.

Minseok catches herself and wants to scream at the thought that just wafted into her mind. Why was she thinking about Luhan being her wife? I don’t like girls! Minseok tells herself, glancing momentarily at Luhan, who was fixing herself in the mirror, combing her fingers through her licorice black hair. I’m not supposed to look at girls that way, she reasons, but she does not fully believe that.

Minseok has always looked at boys with a fondness, but never attracted to them. She has been so focused on liking guys, but she’s never, ever considered the fact that she might like girls the way guys like girls. A new perspective is opened to Minseok, and her mind is overwhelmed with epiphanies.

Could I like… girls? No, n-no, just no. It’s not normal… but why does it feel so liberating to just think about if I did?

Baekhyun appears, breaking both of the girls’ thoughts. “Unnie,” Baekhyun turns on her charm on the stranger in front of her. “We didn’t know anyone was in the bathroom.” She apologizes in a formal tone.

Luhan waves her off with a small smile. “No, no, it was me. No need to apologize.”

Baekhyun grins and nudges Minseok. “See? My charm never ceases to amaze people.”

Minseok rolls her eyes and gives Luhan a small (but still adorable) smile. “Ignore her, please, because I wish I could.” Minseok teases Baekhyun.

Baekhyun gapes at Minseok’s joke. “Excuse me, but no one should ignore me. If anything, they should notice my existence.” She turns to Luhan and beams. “I’m Baekhyun, unnie.”

Oh, no. This was Chanyeol’s Minseok. Sehun said earlier that Minseok and Baekhyun were both at this mall today. Luhan weeps on the inside. This will make me winning her heart more difficult.

(-)

Luhan tells Baekhyun and Minseok that she is roommates of Junmyeon and Taozi, and the two girls instantly relaxed around Luhan. They chatted for a bit, Baekhyun doing most of the talking while Luhan would reply back several times, and Minseok just watched the two with a tiny grin.

Luhan led them to where the group was. As if nothing changed, Sehun was hitting on Junmyeon and using very suggestive language, while Junmyeon would make comebacks concerning Sehun’s pea-sized brain and his primitive Neanderthal mindset. And as for Taozi, she was simply laughing her off.

The three girls join Junmyeon, Sehun, and Taozi. The rowdy laughter beginning once again when Baekhyun pushes Sehun out of his seat so she can sit there. Sehun only pouted and whined about not liking to sit far away from his object of affection, Junmyeon. Baekhyun guffawed in his face.

Luhan sat in between Taozi and Junmyeon on one side while the other three (Sehun Baekhyun, and Minseok) sat across. Luhan tried— very— hard to not stare at Minseok, but it was hard. She was just so darn attractive. And when she spoke, it was like hearing a rabbit talk, if rabbits actually could talk.

Luckily, Chanyeol was not there to steal Minseok away to confess his love. God forbid a man to wait to keep his undying love for a woman that he has to do it in a public setting. If it were Luhan confessing her love to the right woman, Luhan would spend weeks planning the event, because knowing Luhan, everything had to be extravagant.

It would take place on the rooftop of some apartment complex. There would be roses and white daises in vases on every table stand, the flowers surrounded by candles to give that romantic glow. Up above would be the moon and stars. Luhan was dawdling in her fantasies when Taozi tugged on her shirt.

“Unnie, are you ready to head back to the apartment?”

Luhan nods and picks up her shopping bags from off the floor. She is very surprised at herself. Leaving the mall early evening with only three shopping bags? She normally leaves a mall at ten at night with like twenty bags. “I’m ready to take a hot bath.” She yawns.

Taozi blushes for some reason (maybe because hot bath and Luhan were playing in her mind). “Oh, the unnies are coming with us back to the apartment. Joon-unnie figured that since Baekhyun drove her jeep here, it would save money for her to take us back rather than getting a cab. And we were all kind of thinking we can have a cookout.”

“Okay, which unnies?”

“Minseok and Baekhyun.” 

 

 

Author's Note 

Ooh wonder what's going to happen next... XD