Just a question

Girls Like Girls

 

 

 

Oh, don't you dare look back
Just keep your eyes on me
I said you're holding back
She said shut up and dance with me
This woman is my destiny
She said oh oh oh
Shut up and dance with me

WALK THE MOON- "Shut up and Dance" 

 

Taozi and Luhan were standing at the mall exit, waiting on Junmyeon, who was saying goodbye to Sehun (or rather, he was saying goodbye to her).

Baekhyun and Minseok were the first to leave so they could pull the jeep around to the mall entrance to pick them up. Taozi and Luhan watch the soon-to-be-couple holding hands; it was so obvious on that Sehun did not want to let go of Junmyeon. He just kept yammering about random things, all so that Junmyeon, being the polite girl she was, would have to listen to him out of kindness.

“Sehun-ah, the girls are waiting on me.” Junmyeon sighs, turning her head to the side to hide her blush due to the proximity of their bodies.

Even though she considers Sehun an awful (yet adorable) pest, she admits that Sehun was able to speed up her heart to an extraordinary rate.

Junmyeon has never been the type to chase after boys because she believed herself to be married to her schoolwork, so those years of having absolutely no boy experience has left her in distress mode. She had one boyfriend but he was a total disappointment. After a few months of dating, she had found out that her boyfriend smoked cigarettes, and that was a deal breaker.

Sehun may not be a total man, but he has been the sincerest man she has ever come across.

Sehun does not let go of Junmyeon’s hands, turning her palms over and examining her feminine hands with the pad of his thumbs. “Noona, lemme take you back home.” He asks, his voice edging nearer to a pleading tone. “I don’t want you to go just yet.”

Junmyeon cracks a sheepish smile (Sehun’s hands were magic!!!) before resuming her stoic face. “I have to go.” His handsome face deflates, but she quickly adds, “But you can come to my apartment later on if you are so keen on spending time with me.”

“I will.” Sehun beams. “You can count on my word.”  

Junmyeon nods, about to pull her hands away from Sehun’s fairly larger ones, but he quickly catches her hands again and inclines his head, bringing her knuckles to his lips to offer a featherlike peck. Her cheeks begin to feel hot and she can feel her excitement about to appear on her face, so to save face, she yanks her hands away from him after his tiny kiss and pats his head as if he were a mere child.

“Goodbye then.” She walks off, leaving a happy Sehun behind her. Junmyeon walks out the exit and Taozi and Luhan, both wearing an amused smirk on their face, follow after her.

“Admit you like him, unnie.” Taozi giggles.

“I will not.”

Luhan begins to laugh as Taozi suddenly rings her arm around Junmyeon’s neck, encasing the shorter girl in her strong grasp, wrestling with her as Junmyeon fervently “Admit it!”

Minseok and Baekhyun pull up in the jeep and honk at the three girls. Minseok climbs out of the jeep, her eyes darting to Luhan and offering the short-haired girl a small smile. “You can have my seat, Luhan-ssi.”

“No, you had it first.” Luhan shakes her head, beaming at the fact that this cute girl would offer her seat like that. It struck Luhan then at that moment.

Luhan usually played with the hearts of beautiful young girls like a shameless gigolo without a single thought thrown toward the consequences, but now the tables have turned. This simple yet striking girl was now playing with her heart. Luhan admits that she was starry eyed upon meeting Minseok, but this was totally uncharacteristic of herself. Why was she, Lu Han, getting caught up in the shy smiles of an adorably chubby-cheeked girl?

Luhan has to remember her reputation, just like her father said.

Taozi cuts in with her hilarious self. “Why don’t I take Minseok unnie’s seat?”

“Taozi! Have some manners for your seniors.” Junmyeon scolds, wondering just where she went wrong with this child.

“What? Minseok’s seat is up for grabs, and damn will I be sitting in the back when I am looking extra beautiful today! People need to see this work of art!” Taozi gestures to herself.

“Yeah, people need to see the work of makeup at its best,” Baekhyun rolls her eyes, “now shush and get your scrawny in the back!”

(-)

“What movie shall we watch?” Junmyeon asks from the living room to the girls in the kitchen as she scrolls through the movies on Netflix.

They had just gotten back from the mall, and on the way to Taozi, Junmyeon, and now Luhan’s apartment, they stopped at a general store to pick up some snacks because a girls’ night without junk food is not being done the right way, okay?

Minseok was microwaving some hot cocoa while also having a violent popcorn battle with Taozi. Minseok laughed and ducked behind Baekhyun as she avoided Taozi’s flying popcorn. Baekhyun was baking double chocolate chip cookies, her eyes shooting daggers at the two girls acting like they were at a middle school sleepover (and one of them happened to be the oldest in the group!!!). Luhan was trying her best to help Baekhyun with miniscule activities, such as heating up the oven and getting the items for their s’mores ready, but she couldn’t help but watch Minseok and Taozi run about the kitchen as if their little popcorn fight was an actual fight between life and death.

Baekhyun shouts, “A movie with a hot guy! Preferably Colin Firth!!”

Taozi scrunches her nose, “Ew, he’s old though, unnie.”

“Excuse me,” Baekhyun aims the wooden paddle she’s been using to stir the cookie dough at Taozi, her eyes fiery and defensive. “But have you not seen that man in Bridget Jones’ Diary? Huh? No, you have not, so do not speak of things of which you do not know, you foolish girl!”

Tao makes a face when Baekhyun focuses her attention on her batter of cookie dough.

Minseok giggles at Baekhyun’s dramatic self and Tao’s face. Minseok “I don’t care what you choose, Joonie. Maybe an action film, or how about scary? Can we please watch a scary movie?!”

Junmyeon waltzes into the kitchen, remote in her hand and glass of sweet tea in the other. “Min, how much sugar have you had?”

“What are you talking about?” Minseok mumbles.

“You’re slurring, girlfriend.”

“No, I’m not. You are!”

“And you want to watch a scary movie? You hate scary movies.”

“What? When have I ever?”

“That’s it, no more candy for you!”

Junmyeon dashes after Minseok, who immediately jumps into a spring for the bathroom, hoping to barricade herself within the tiny wash room so she can finish the last of her popcorn and soda. The two race down the hall, leaving Luhan, Taozi, and Baekhyun watching after them.

Baekhyun sheepishly smiles at Luhan’s questioning face. “Sorry, Min-unnie has a sugar problem. If she has too much, she’ll start singing show tunes.”

“Yeah, maybe if we are lucky, she’ll do a one-woman show of the Phantom of the Opera again.” Taozi giggles nonstop. “Member when it was time for Christine and the Phantom to kiss, she drew a random woman’s face on her palm and kissed it and then she cried for three straight minutes? And not to mention, after her dramatic kiss, there was permanent ink on her face? Ah, good times!”

(-)

Junmyeon and Baekhyun settle on watching some documentary on sharks while Taozi complained every half-hour. It was only 6 pm and girls’ night was still going to go on! Minseok apparently suffered a sugar shortage and passed out in Junmyeon’s bed. Disappointed that she could not spend time with the sugar-obsessed girl, she watches the shark documentary with feign interest.

An hour into the documentary, Luhan thinks it best to refresh herself. Luhan walks to the one bathroom in their three-bedroom apartment (something she was not used to, but oh well) and enters the room. Imagine her surprise when she sees Minseok sitting in the bathtub. Luckily there was no water running or else Minseok, given her incognizant state, she would have probably drowned and they would have to deal with a murder.

That would’ve sure spiced up the girls’ night!

Luhan thinks about leaving Minseok alone, but quickly rejects that thought. She smiles at the oblivious girl, and sits beside her on the floor.

Minseok beams at Luhan, her onyx eyes becoming very inviting, Luhan wishes that she could stare into her eyes all day and forget about everything. Expectations and all that.

“What are you doing, Minseok-ssi?”

“Mf, forget the formalities, please.” Minseok sighs, resting the back of her head against the wall.

Luhan resists laughing. Funny how Minseok was acting like she was drunk when in fact, all she had was caffeine and junk food. “Are you feeling okay, Minseok?”

Minseok hums in agreement. “Yeah… yes! Tell me, Luhan, what do you think about a girl that has only had one boyfriend? I mean, is there something wrong with a girl that has only dated one guy her entire life?”

Luhan shrugs, “I’m really not the one you should be asking.”

Minseok pouts, hanging her head. “I’m a disgrace…”

Luhan knits her eyebrows. “Why’s that?”

Minseok grumbles something unintelligible as she tries to stand up. Luhan leaps to her feet, offering aid to the physically unstable girl.

“Minseok, do you want me to call Junmyeon? Or Baekhyun?”

Minseok hiccups, throwing one of her legs over the bathtub wall. “Hmph. Baekhyun has Yixing, a-and Junmyeon has Sehunnie. Who… who do I have?”

Luhan frowns a bit. This poor girl… “You have… Taozi.”

Minseok’s frown deepens. “But Taozi… she has smelly feet! I don’t want her, she’s going to ruin my shoes!”

Luhan panics. How should she treat Minseok? Luhan has never been a predicament like this. Emotions are gross and Luhan chooses not to deal with them so whatever she says will not console Minseok.

Perhaps Luhan should treat Minseok like an ordinary drunk, not some girl coming off a sugar high. Dealing with drunks are textbook: everything a person should say or do when dealing with a drunk person is universal. But an emotional girl? Hell, no. There was no shame in trying though.

“C’mon, Minseok, don’t cry. Let’s get you to bed, okay? And I’ll make you some tea.” Luhan soothes Minseok, just how she would with a drunk. Calming voices, that’s it.

“And Baekhyun’s ice cream?”

“Sure.” Just tell her what she wants to hear, Luhan says to herself.

Minseok grins with droopy eyelids. “Okay… you’re the best.” She leans in and plants her lips onto Luhan’s own pair of lips. The shorter girl (Minseok) leaves her lips on Luhan’s for more than the appropriate amount.

Luhan doesn’t know what to think or feel, but Minseok obviously knows. She falls limp in Luhan’s (weak, spaghetti) arms, and they both crumble to the floor with a loud thump.

 

 

A/N: FOR THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA FANS!!!!! :D

AND LOOK AT THE SEHO

 

Like SeHo has been my jam since the idol olympics in 2013

and I just had to spam because it's finally happening and I'm so happy

And forgive me for my hiatus on this site lately, finals are happening

and there's one class that I may not fail but I may not pass too...

you feel me? (internal despair)