Part 2: Another Me

This Story

Your voice your gaze, your touch that came to me and lingered

I can’t forget anything.

 It’s as clear as if I put out my hand, I’ll touch

Your breathing sound, your gesture, your touch that warmly hugged me

 

                They were going to interview a rookie group. They’re notorious for being meek, always getting stuck frozen during interviews. He understands nervousness, but didn’t they get training for that? They’ll just have to deal then. His partner’s going to have a rough time; he wishes this wasn’t given to her as a first assignment.

 

                The group photoshoot starts and he lets a sigh of relief when the group is able to follow directions and do most of poses on their own. He doesn’t like generic poses, most of the time he lets the group do whatever they want. It’s more interesting taking pictures if they’re comfortable, the more natural the better.

 

                The interview turned out smoothly as well. The members looked like they were charmed by his new partner. The Rookie Group was cooperative and not over-eager to please like the other Rookie Groups that he has encountered before. The article, he thinks, would be great. His new partner has a way with words and with people. She made the interviewee comfortable and be able to open up to her.  It’s good for the article, bad for his sanity. He felt like he was going to pop a nerve when one of the members starts being a little too comfortable. He reads this person is called a Casanova in search portals. He hopes this person pictures turn out bad.

 

                On the way back to the office, he was forming a plan on how to strike a conversation but she seems to be busy with the article. And so Kim Sung Gyu decided to give her peace and quiet.

 

                “Do you think they’ll like my article? This is my first project… I don’t want to screw up…” She looks at him, seemingly unsure of herself and she keeps reading the article she wrote, double-checking for errors.

 

                “You did fine…” He says reassuringly. He wanted to say she captured the essence of what the magazine is aiming for, but he doesn’t want to sound like a fan boy.

 

                “I hope so… The group deserved to be written good things about. They seem to be a pretty decent bunch of kids…”

 

                “Kids?” Looking at his new partner, she looked like the group’s age.

 

                “Well, don’t they look like kids playing around? It’s interesting just looking at them…”

 

                Is she smitten with one of them? And why is this thought sending him in a panic?

 

 In 60 seconds, you came into my heart and brought out another me.