Epilogue

This Story

                Lee Soo Jung sighs in relief. She hasn’t slept properly ever since the day her mother was rushed to the ICU. Money was needed for her operation and she doesn’t have enough. She regrets not taking the money that was freely given to her, damn her pride.  An hour later a slew of doctors went into the ICU and began the operation. Confused, she ran towards the Information Desk to ask. The nurse said the hospital bills have been paid for in full, even the after care.

 

                At present, she’s glad that her mother is now safe. But she needs to find whoever it is that funded her mother's operation. If it’s the same person, she doesn’t want to be indebted to her. She decided to go back to the nurse’s desk after making sure that her mother is sleeping fine.

 

                “Soo Jung-ssi, shouldn’t you be taking a rest too. You’ve been up since yesterday evening…”

 

                “Ah yeah… Thank you for the concern, Nurse Im, but I need to ask you something first…”

 

                “If it’s about your mother, I assure you she’s out of danger. She’ll be able to live well now…”

 

                “I’m actually going to ask about the hospital bills…”

 

                “Didn’t Nurse Yoon tell you that everything’s been paid for?”

 

                “Can you tell me who paid for it?”

 

                “Hmmm… It’s confidential. But you don’t have to worry, that person is a benefactor of the hospital. He comes by every now and then. But you know what, this is the first time I’ve seen him in person. It’s usually his secretary that does the paperwork. Your Mom must be a special case…”

 

                “Do you by chance know if he’s still here…”

 

                “Hmmm, not sure. He doesn't stay long if he did decide to visit. He always leaves after the transaction is over…”

 

                Lee Soo Jung looks towards the corridor, she needed to know who it is. It can’t be her. That’s impossible, she didn’t follow anything on the contract. For all she knows that rich lady is cursing her right now.

 

                A nurse comes running towards the front desk, face all smiles despite heaving.

 

                “What’s wrong with you?”

 

                “I have actually seen our mysterious benefactor… He’s definitely charming. He mustn’t like being stared at that’s why he doesn’t come here…”

 

                “Who?” Soo Jung interjects.

 

                “Soo Jung, you’re savior  was here… well a full 15 minutes ago.”

 

                Lee Soo Jung didn’t waste time. She ran towards the hospital exits, thinking she might be able to catch up on him there. She knows it’s stupid. All she was told is that he’s wearing all black and a silver cross earring. She doesn’t care, she needs to thank him.

 

                Halfway through the hospital’s second floor on a bridge connecting the medical labs and the nursery, she spotted a person wearing all black, a silver cross hanging from one ear. Knowing that her chances of ever catching up to him is slim. She gathers courage and shouted at the top of her lungs.

 

                “Thank you!”

 

                Everybody at the hospital stared at her, a few nurses and attendees looked angry.

 

                "Thank you for saving my mother! I don't know how I would be able to repay you.. But I will somehow.."

 

                The guy stopped, Soo Jung waits for him to turn around. He waves instead, proceeding towards the hospital exit.

 

                "I need a name though... Or anything... I'll know who you are somehow... I'll be able to find out even if you don't want me to..." Soo Jung smiles, she knows he heard it. And whoever he is, she promises to find him.