Chapter 9

Let Me In Your Heart

            Luhan saw his coworker, Youngmi at the reception area talking to their manager.

            “Welcome back, Luhan. How’s your vacation?”

            “It’s okay. Fun but tiring.”

            “Did Minseok made your vacation difficult?”

            “Minseok? Who’s Minseok?” Their manager asked. “Are you talking about Mayor Kim? Why didn’t I know that? How did you become involved with him, Luhan? Why do you look like you’re in love?”

            Luhan smiled. He tapped Youngmi’s shoulder. “I’ll just tell you some other time.”

            “I can’t believe you, Luhan. You’re just gone for a week, and then I will just learn that you and Sir Minseok are together? Please tell me everything!”

            “Youngmi, Luhan needs to work. Just let him. Anyway, one of these days, I’m sure that we will know about that some other time. Even if Luhan doesn’t tell us.” Their manager smiled meaningfully at them. “So let’s just leave him.”

            Luhan secretly thanked their nightshift manager. She just nodded and went back to inspecting the guesthouse. And here he is again, back to his boring life. He just went back yesterday to his hpuse after reporting to Siwon. He doesn’t say anything whether he believes him or not. What he had said is that he should just return to his work at the Exo Guesthouse.

            At that time, the whole place is so quiet. It’s nine in the evening. Also, there is no big event that is happening at the moment. Too bad, he wants to get busy again so that he would forget what happened to him these past few days. When he left Minseok’s house yesterday, the other guy was gone. According to Seongjin ahjumma, he debated again with the citizens together with the businessmen that want to establish their business in Yeongcheon. Luhan plans to wait for him but the car that will bring him to Exo Riding Club arrived. So, he wasn’t able to properly say goodbye to Minseok.

            Never mind that, maybe he can still see Minseok. He will say his goodbye properly then. Even if it’s not necessary. It’s just his excuse to see Minseok again. Well, what can he do? He’s just in love. And it will take a while for him to erase his feelings for Minseok.

            “Good evening!”

            “Hi!”

            Two guys appeared and went near him. How did they come in without him noticing them?

            “You’re thinking about something else that’s why you didn’t notice us. By the way, we haven’t met yet. I’m Kyuhyun”

            “Ah, finally, I met you.” Luhan joked and reached for Kyuhyun’s outstretched hand. “Hello, Sir Heechul. Ah, what can I do for you?”

            “Nothing.” Heechul said. “We just want to talk with you. There are not much guests tonight so maybe we can talk, right?”

            “My brother’s getting married with Junmyeon soon.” Heechul said. He’s talking about Jongdae.

            “Really? Wow, congratulations!”

            “I’m really wondering how Junmyeon fell in love with that brother of mine.” Heechul joked. “I’m wondering if he bumped his head or something.”

            Luhan laughed. “I’m glad Jongdae is not like you.”

            “Hey, what’s wrong with us? We’re not that bad.”

            “He’s right. We’re just misunderstood.”

            “You two always mess up with the other’s love life before they got together. Look at Chanyeol and Kris. Kyungsoo and Kai, and Jongdae and Junmyeon.”

            “You call that messing? If we’re messing with them, those guys should have been single until now.” The two highfived.

            “They should glorify us instead of condemn.”

            “You two are doing a great job.” Luhan said. “But most of the time, before they could get together, they will be in a great mess because of you two.”

            “It’s necessary.” Heechul said. “So that they will have a thrilling love life. If they will just get together like that, it’s plain and boring. There should be a little bit of spice for fun.”

            “How about you, do you want your love life to have some spice?”

            He just looked at Kyuhyun. And then at Heechul. The latter was the last man he took notice of before he finally settled his eyes on Minseok. To be honest, even if these two doesn’t meddle, they still managed to mess up with his love life without him noticing. But he had to thank Heechul for spicing up his boring life before he met Minseok.

            “Well, Luhan? We are willing to forget our promise to Siwon on not messing up with everyone’s love life. For you.”

            “Really?”

            “Because you’re special.”

            “Special?”

            “Yeah. Because you’re poor.” Heechul said. “The truth is, it’s our first time to mingle with someone who has average income. It’s not that bad for health.”

            Instead of getting offended, he just laughed at the two. Then he pinched Heechul’s cheeks. “You are really cute. No wonder I had a crush on you before.”

            “Really?” Kyuhyun said.

            “Well, that’s hardly a surprise. My charm is really irresistible.”

            Luhan took his phone and opened the camera. “Can I take a picture with you two? Just a souvenir.”

            “Souvenir? Why?”

            “Because you are not the type to visit this place again at this time.”

            “You have a point, this is not the place that we usually visit. Hey, Kyuhyun, let’s take a picture too.”

            “Cool.”

            And so, with three phone cameras on standby, they brought their faces together for a photo session. Luhan was surprised when the two kissed both of his cheeks. They even laughed at their silliness.

            “Heechul and I are too cute in here, Luhan.” Kyuhyun said. “Just delete that before Minseok can see it.”

            “Yeah. I’m sure he will get jealous.”

            “That’s impossible.” He said in a soft voice. “He doesn’t have any feelings for me.”

            Heechul and Kyuhyun looked at each other. It seems like they want to say something but they can’t. Heechul sighed.

            “Too bad.” Heechul said. “If we don’t promised Siwon not to mess up, we should have helped you with your problem even without your permission.”

            “Their problem.” Kyuhyun said. “His and Minseok’s problem.”

            “We don’t have a problem.” Luhan deleted his photo with the two and turned to them. “How’s Minseok by the way? Did he return here from Yeongcheon?”

            “It may take him a while to return here.”

            “Yeah. I have watched the argument between the businessmen and the citizens. Minseok is so stubborn. He doesn’t want to let go of that place.”

            “Yeah, well, isn’t that the reason why we made a deal with him? Because he’s such a stubborn-?”

            “Yeah. I almost forgot.”

            The two laughed like idiots again. Sometimes, Luhan wants to think that these two are crazy. Because the way their minds work is so weird.

            “Do you love him?”

            Even if his eyes are closed, he can easily answer that question asked by Kyuhyun. “Yes, but please don’t tell it to Minseok. I don’t want to be a burden to him. It’s enough that we’re together for a week.”

            “How did that become right? Nothing even happened between you.”

            “Yeah. You just kissed. What will you gain from that?”

            Luhan gasped. “How did you know that?”

            “Minseok told us.”

            “What?”

            “Yeah, well, sort of.”

            “Sort of what?”

            The two just looked at each other for the second time, looks like they were thinking about how to explain to him. Finally, it was Kyuhyun who spoke.

            “When we made our deal in Yeongcheon, we asked the attendants in his house. That’s when we found out about… you know.”  

            Luhan doubts them. “Is that all?”

            The two nodded. He still wants to interrogate them further but there were guests who have arrived. From the looks of it, they are a rock band based on their clothes and instruments.

            A beautiful girl approached him. “Five rooms please.”

            “What type of room would you like to get, Ma’am?”

            “Just five single rooms. Thanks.” She looked at Kyuhyun and Heechul. “What?”

            The two shook their heads. But Luhan wants to think that there’s something with how they hide their smiles. After getting the room keys, the group went to the elevator.

            “That’s Victoria, right Kyuhyun?”

            “Yeah.”

            “Don’t tell me her band is the one that Junmyeon and Jongdae get for their engagement party?”

            “You’re right.” Heechul said.

            “You know her?” Luhan asked.

            The two just looked at each other but didn’t say anything. But this time, they weren’t able to hide their smiles.

            “Come on, Sir. Tell me your story. I will be the one who will know about it.”        

            The two men’s smile widened, especially Kyuhyun’s. And when they were looking mischievous like that, everyone’s hearts will melt just by looking at these two. Maybe he will too, if no one owns his heart at the moment.

            “I’ll just tell you next time, Luhan.” Kyuhyun said. “Speaking of which, I need to go.”

            “I have a feeling that Victoria will come back.” Heechul said. “Let’s wait for her. I want to see her whack you in the head or something for ruining her life once.”

            “That’s way too lame, Heechul. I’m leaving.” Kyuhyun is just a few steps from the glass door when he turned to them. There was an obvious threat on his smile as he looked back at Heechul. “Don’t try to mess up with me, okay?”     

            Luhan just looked at Heechul. His smile is innocent but he has a feeling that he hides something from that innocent smile. Heechul went to Kyuhyun and placed his arms around the latter.

            “Come on, Kyu. I was just kidding. I know better than to mess up with my best friend.”

            “`Good to hear that. Because remember, I was the only one who knows where your ex-girlfriend is that you are still looking for until now.”

            “Exactly my point.”

            The two left him. Something was really wrong with those two. He’s still busy thinking about what those two were saying earlier when the woman that they call Victoria came back.

            “Where are those rascals?”

            “Ma’am?”

            “Those devils. Cho Kyuhyun and Kim Heechul?”

            “Uh…”

            “I knew it!” The woman tapped the reception table. “I will never forget that douchebag Kyuhyun! Hah!”

            Luhan is about to ask the woman of her history with the two when he hears that familiar voice.

            “Luhan!” Minseok just entered the guesthouse’s lobby.

            “Minseok? What—”

            “What’s the meaning of this?”

            Victoria even looked at the thing that Minseok showed him in his phone. And his picture with Heechul and Kyuhyun is on the screen. Victoria grabbed the phone and glared at him.

            “Are you Kyuhyun’s boyfriend?” Victoria asked him.

            “Excuse me. I’m talking to him.”      

            “Who are you?”

            “Kim Minseok.”

            “Mayor Kim Minseok?”

            “Yes.”

            Victoria returned the phone to Minseok. “Is he your boyfriend?” She said, and pointed at him.

            “If you like him, don’t waste any time. I know the evilness of those two especially Kyuhyun. They could easily ruin your relationship with the blink of an eye. Just like they did to me.” She faced Minseok. “So, Mayor, just leave the civil war in Yeongcheon for a while. Marry this man first if you have feelings for him because if those two return, it will be too late for you.” She tapped the screen of Minseok’s phone. “Here’s the evidence. Okay, bye.”

            Minseok faced him. “Will you marry me?”

 

-----------------------------

Lmao. Evil Kyuhyun and Heechul! And I ship Victoria with Kyuhyun so here she goes :) This is the chapter before the last one! Thank you so much for the people who subscribed, commented and upvoted. Saranghae!!! And as promised, here's the teaser for Baekyun and Tao's story. :)

            For Baekhyun, Minho is the only man in his heart. And if ever he will ask him to be his boyfriend, he will accept Minho wholeheartedly. That’s what he will do even if he can’t help but smile everytime he sees Huang Zitao’s picture. Because Zitao has the most adorable face that he has ever seen. But that’s not important—because he doesn’t like him. Tao is unfriendly, just towards him.

            Until one day, he realized that the man that he thought that he love, is the man that he doesn’t love. And the man that he thought that he doesn’t love is the man that he slowly learns to love.

            Who ever said that falling in love was easy?

I hope that you will also support this story just like the support that you have given to the first four stories that I have posted. Thank you so much! :)

I'll just edit all the grammatical errors tomorrow. I'm so sleepy. Good night! :)