Third Encounter (2)

The Strange

“Are you ing kidding me?” I flinched at Park Chanyeol's words even though he had spoken them almost inaudibly. I wanted to answer him but for some reason I couldn’t find the words to explain myself.

“Who are you?” He asked in the most threatening voice, and I couldn’t help but take a step back. I had realized that everyone around us was suddenly looking at me warily, and I suddenly felt like a sheep amongst a pack of wolves.

“I-I-I think I sh-should go.” I managed to blurt out before turning and walking away as fast as I could. When I thought I was far enough from the room, I broke into a run towards the exit of the building not minding if I bumped into anyone on the way out.

“Nam Paran.” Stopping only to give myself some time to catch my breath once I got past the school gates, I heard someone call out my name. I knew before I turned to look that it was Park Chanshik.

“Seriously? What the , Chanshik?” I lashed out at him, suddenly feeling an overwhelming sense of rage. Probably because I felt that I didn’t deserve any of the treatment his brother had given me. He narrowed his eyes at me in confusion and motioned me to follow him somewhere less populated. I decided to follow him anyway because I really needed to get all these emotions out of my system.

“Something wrong?” He finally asked when we got into a nearby empty playground, and I had to restrain the urge to wipe the innocent look on his face.

“I’ll tell you what’s wrong. Your brother went psycho on me! I hadn’t even told him anything except your name when he started cursing at me as if I did something offensive.” I exploded, not being able to keep myself from pacing around as I recalled the situation.

“Oh.”

“Oh? Is that all you have to say?” I scoffed in disbelief. “You know what? Forget it. I’m done helping you. I’m sorry, Chanshik, but I’m not going anywhere near your crazy brother.”

I wasn’t even sure why I was apologizing. I mean, I did try to get the message across but that Park Chanyeol, for some reason, went crazy and decided I deserved to hear such harsh words. And for what? Honestly, at this point, I don’t even care. And who knows? Maybe there was a reason why he wasn’t allowed to talk to his brother.

“No, no, no, no, no.” Chanshik shook his head in panic. “You have to help me. You’re the only one I can ask!”

“I already tried, didn’t I tell you that?” I reminded him.

“You haven’t even told him my message!” He protested.

“Well, I would have! But I’m not the one with the problem.”

“You promised!”

“I tried, Chanshik. If you’d been there, you probably would understand; but you weren’t. I’m not doing it.” I stated with finality.

“Well, I’m not giving up.”

“Good for you.” I spat back sarcastically as I turned to leave.

“I meant I’m not giving up on asking you to help me. I’m going to keep reminding you of your promise, and I’m going to follow you everywhere until you have no choice but to do it.”  I spun around upon hearing him trying to intimidate me.

“Are you threatening me?” I scoffed at the absurdity of what he was doing.

“And if I was?” I shivered, hearing him speak in almost the same voice his brother used on me earlier.

“If you were, I’d say it’s useless. No matter what, you’re still younger than me. I can call your parents if you go too far.” I warned him, trying to sound as convincing as I can.

“No, that’s what’s useless. I’ve already told you my parents don’t mind me anymore, haven’t I? But, have it your way. You’ll see.” He shot back, smiling smugly at me. 


A/N: Update! I was busy until this afternoon so I only got to upload this now. Hope you like it! :P