i'm just different

standing on the line

 

 

 

"I'm drawing a line" i said to him.

"Line can be step over" he said.

"Dont you dare cross the line" I threatened. 

He smirk. "What if it's meant to be?" he asked and come nearer. 

"Stop giving me goosebump" I said.

"Hahahaha... i know anything can happen, but not you" he said to me. 

My heart breaks.

"You're my worst nightmare" I lied. 

 

The establishment of the line between me and him kills me, It was my fault honestly. i triggered it. 

 

Choi Seunghyun walks through the door. 

"How are you today?" he asked me, placing the roses next to my bed.

I smiled and nod my head. "I'm okay, as usual. Except the doctor asked me to shave my head. The amount of hair falling will disturb me... and the cleaners" I joked.

He stared at me. "Do you want to shave it?" he asked me, settling next to me. 

"I did it. No worries" I answered and removed my snowcap. 

He raised his hand to touch my face. I turned my face away. 

"Did you bring it?" I asked him, trying to shoo away the awkwardness. 

He smiled and quickly shoved his hand into his pocket. "Here's the chocolate. I didnt know why did i bring this for you" he shook his head. 

"The food here . Cant you see how much weight I'm losing?" I laughed and munched the chocolate to my hearts content.

He turned sour. 

We both know the illness is draining everything out of me. It's taking me little by little.

"I need to go now. I'll come later in the evening" he promised. 

"Hey Choi. Dont come back. Get a date and do stuff. Its friday night" I said and frowned.

"Shut up! Just eat your meds ,okay?" he said and walked out. 

I smiled. My eyes followed his shadow till it disappear. I'm sorry, Seunghyun. 

"When you met me, i was already wearing a mask" I whispered.

 

That evening, a bald man woke me from my slumber.

"Woaw! What is that?" I shouted.

"Shuuushh! You'll wake the whole hospital with your voice" he put his hand over my mouth. 

"Choi Seunghyun?! You are hairless!!" I muffled. 

He then sit on the chair next to my bed and dragged it closer.

He rolled his eyes. "It's too hot outside" he gave me a nonsensical answer. 

"Too bad, i really want to intertwine my fingers in your black silky hair" i said. 

"If you told me earlier, I wont shave it" he smiled and hold my hand. 

"You did it for me, didnt you?" I caressed his head. 

I always touch him whenever i want, but i never let him touch me. 

He looked at me with his loving eyes. 

"Of course I did" he reached for my hand and kissed it. I tried to pull it back, but his grasp was stronger.

"Is this stepping beyond the boundaries?" he asked. 

"Seunghyun, you're making this harder for us" I said to him, holding in my tears. 

"Listen to me, listen! It was you who set the boundaries, not me. I'm sorry that i said, anything can happen but not you. I didnt mean that. You caught me looking at you, stealing glances. Why didnt you say anything? You even set a limit for me and you. Why?" He said in a low voice.

"Because you have her. Someone else's boyfriend is not my style. You know that, dont you? Why did I have to fall in love with you?" i cried and pulled my hand.

"Because i fall i love with you too" he answered briefly. 

"!" I shouted and get down from the bed. 

"I cant do this. Too emotional .. 

"I'm just different from any other girls you dated" I mumbled.

"Lets not be bro. Let us be special" He demanded. 

"Why be special to a dying girl? Why? Get your head right, bro!" i walked to the window and looked out. 

"because i like you the best" he answered. 

"Get out! GET OUT FROM MY ROOM!" i screamed.

He stood up and tried to approach me.

"Get the out! Either you off or i off" i screamed again.

"Calm down!! Angel, listen to me! Stop acting crazy! I love you! Why dont you trust me?" he hugged me tight and whispered the wordds to my ear. 

"Because you are my worst nightmare" i lied, again.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*this story is based on my own experience. i draw the line between me and the person i love. the pain kills me everyday, little by little. The illness that was draining Angel, was the pain of denial and desperation of mine wanting to hold him in my arms.