1/1

A Cute Barista & A Sweet Message

      Seo Yun never particularly like routine. Routine is unchanging. Routine is predictable. Routine is dull.

      But visiting the little café along the way to campus every day was an exception.

      Little Red’s Café was quaint. It wasn’t constantly crowded, the lightings weren’t too dim, the furnishing was comfortable as expected for most cafés and the coffee there was amazing.  Seo Yun was definitely not there for the cute boy by the coffee machine.

      “You again?”

      She rolled your eyes, shifting her weight from one foot to the other, “Nice to see you too, Sehun.”

      “Don’t you have better things to do than coming here?” he asked, eyebrow raised as he punched in an order that Seo Yun knew was hers even when she didn’t say anything. She had come here (embarrassingly) enough for Sehun and Jongdae, another employee, to know her usual.

      Huffing, Seo Yun crossed her arms over her chest, ignoring the slight burn in her cheeks, “Of course I do.” Sehun gave her a blank look. She could feel the amount of judging he was silently doing before he muttered a sarcastic ‘sure you do’.

      Ignoring his comment, the brunette dug around her purse, taking out the exact amount for her hazelnut macchiato. “Nice hair by the way.” Seo Yun eyed his vibrant coloured hair, the corner of her lips quirking up into an amused smile. Sehun’s hair was still the bleached blond she had seen the day before but now with multi-coloured highlights added. Sehun was probably the only one she knew that could pull off such a thing.

      “Thanks.” He nodded, fingers coming up to run through his colourful hair. He craned his neck over his shoulder and called out at the closed kitchen door, “Hyung, you have an order from your girlfriend.”

      “W-What?” She choked, eyes wide and red colouring her cheeks. Reaching over the counter, Seo Yun swatted at the male’s arm, “I am not his girlfriend!” she hissed, eyes darting to the closed door before returning to Sehun, narrowed into a glare.

      Sehun raised his eyebrows as he stared at her, amusement dancing in his eyes, “Oh?”

      “What do you mean ‘oh’?” she growled.

      He shrugged, a smirk curling on his lips just as the kitchen door swung opened. A brunet of average height walked out of the kitchen, wiping his hands clean with a cloth. Seo Yun froze when he looked up, almond shaped eyes widened upon noticing her before the corner of his lips curled up into an adorable gummy smile.

      Heart beating loud in her ears, fingers clutching the straps of her messenger bag, Seo Yun offer a timid smile, “Hey Min Seok.”

      “Hey yourself.” He grinned. Making his way over to the coffee machine, he gave her a knowing look, “Hazelnut macchiato, no whip cream and an extra shot of espresso right?”

       A nod, “A-Ah yeah.”

      “Coming right up.” He hummed, starting the coffee machine. A comfortable silence surrounded the two of them, Sehun watching with a bored look from a distance.

      Seo Yun moved her backpack strap from one shoulder to the other as she went towards the waiting counter, just in case any other customers were going to show up. She watched as Min Seok flitted around his little workshop, hands gracefully working around the machine before he picked up a cup and a black sharpie by the cash register.

      “So how’s that thesis you’ve been working on?”

      “Huh?” the brunette blinked, eyes wide. Pink coloured her cheeks when she realized that she spaced out, clearing , “I– I don’t know. I think I got about 20% done?”

      “And your photography assignment?” He asked, glancing at her over his shoulder, “You have a list of twenty things to take right?”

      “Yeah, I have five more. I’m not satisfied with what I’ve got so far though.”

      Scribbling on the plastic cup, Min Seok chuckled, “At least you’ve got something, that’s better than nothing.”

      “I guess.” Seo Yun mumbled, shrugging.

      Sehun groaned, frustration can be heard at the edge of it as he buried his face into his folded arms, “You guys are hopeless.” He said, “It’s frustrating just watching you guys.”

      The barista craned his neck to look over his shoulder, an eyebrow raised while Seo Yun felt her cheeks heating up for the nth time today, stupid Oh Sehun, “Did you say something Sehun?”

      “Nope.” He stood up, walking towards the kitchen, “Nothing at all.”

      Glaring at the back of Sehun’s rainbow head, Seo Yun didn’t realize the cold coffee in front of her face until she felt the icy touch on her cheek. A sharp gasp left her lips as she jerked her head back, eyes wide. Min Seok stood in front of her, biting his bottom lip to prevent himself from laughing but Seo Yun could see his eyes twinkling and gosh, why is he so attractive?

      “Here’s your coffee milady.”

      The corner of her lips curled up, “Thanks.”

      “Have fun in Photography.”

      “I’ll try.”

 

 

 

      “Both of you should just date already.”

      Min Seok hummed, “Oh, you’ve finished bugging Yixing?” Sehun gave him a look before he continued, arms crossed over his chest and eyes narrowed at the elder, “You like her, you admit it yourself, and she obviously likes you or are you that oblivious?”

      “All in good time Sehun,” Min Seok chuckled, “all in good time.”

      A groan left the employee’s lips, “Old people, will never understand them.”

 

 

 

      “Went to the café again I see.” Jae Eun nudged Seo Yun's side, gesturing to the macchiato in the brunette's hand with a knowing smile on her lips.

      Heat once again flooded her cheeks and she had half the mind to blame it on the weather, “Oh shush you.”

      Her friend laughed, loud and bright as she wrapped an arm around her shoulders, “So are you and that barista going out or what?”

      “Hmm,” Seo Yun hummed, turning the cup a little to the side.

Someone looks exceptionally beautiful today ;) Good luck for your quiz later!!

      “Who knows?”