Chapter 5

Overdose

“Kai!” Sehun yelled, batting the younger with his Pororo plushi, “Wakey Wakey!”

 

“Ugh!” Kai complained, rolling over onto his side and pulling his pillow over his head, “it’s too early for this Sehun.”

 

“But Kai!” Sehun whined, literally whined like a two-year-old, “You promised to help me wake the hyungs this morning!”

 

A frown rippled across Kaiser face because Sehun was not normally this insistent to get up in the morning. In fact, he usually had to be dragged out of bed feet first these days so what the hell he was doing up, bouncing around like a hyperactive child on a rare Saturday they had off was beyond all comprehension at that moment in time.

 

Until Sehun beat his head with the Pororo doll once again and Kai’s brain kicked into gear.

 

“All right,” he giggled and grabbed the toy, just to stop Sehun hitting him with it again, “I get it, I’m getting up.”

 

“Hey, let go of Pororo!” Sehun said playfully a too big grin crossing his face, “He’s mine. You got Croc!”

 

“But I want to play with Pororo!” Kai immediately joined in the game and tried to make a grab for the toy, “You always hog him.”

 

The play fight erupted shortly after with more than enough noise to draw the attention of everyone in the K-Dorm who were forced to use rock, paper, scissors to decide who was going to get the job of finding out what the trouble makers were up to this time.

 

Kyungsoo lost on account of not paying attention as a bump came from the room and with a groan he headed to the door, “What are you two...Yah!”

 

A double hug attack came his way which sent all three boys and two plushi’s tumbling to the floor in a chaos of limbs and laughter as well as grumbling from Kyungsoo who was not impressed at all about being crushed under the pairs weight.

 

“Yah, get off, I can’t breathe!” he complained aloud, wriggling to try and get free, “What’s with you two? It’s freaking seven thirty in the morning and we’re on a day off?”

 

“Lotte World!” the pair screamed in virtual unison together, huge childlike smiles gracing their features.

 

Blinking for a few seconds in confusion, Kyungsoo glanced at the calendar on the wall which was generally a big bunch of scribbles because things changed at the last minute but the only thing written in for today in big bold purple letters with a crazy bunch of animal stickers all around it was the two words that the two maknae has just yelled at him. He smiled, “Oh yeah, forgot that was today.”

 

“What was today?” Baekhyun grumbled before following the others sight line and then letting out a yelp, “Oh good God!  I totally forgot! We’re going to be dead meat if we’re not ready. Channie get your outta bed! We’ve got to get ready.”

“Byun I’m going to punch you in the face,” Chanyeol complained, as clearly he was already up and then glancing back over his shoulder to check on Suho because the others alarm clock had just blared into life, “Why are you getting up so early?”

 

Sehun wacked Chan with his Plushi, “Lotte World!” he sounded exasperated but after a minute or two the elder seemed to wake up and grasp what had been said to him.

 

“Oh heck! Dibs first on shower,” he called and went rushing off after Baekhyun whilst Suho just walked calmly put of his room and blinked.

 

The leader smiled gently at the two youngsters who were picking Kyungsoo up off the floor who had to admit defeat at losing out to the others for getting a shower, “How long have you two been up?” he asked with a knowing smirk, petting Kyungsoo as he went by, “a while I guess since you’re both sorted.”

 

“I had to wake Kai up,” Sehun said, somehow having gotten into a playful wrestling match with his friend, “So I’m the only one ready.”

 

Shaking his head, Suho left the pair to tumble about on the floor and to break up any arguments that were happening over the bathroom and whose clothes belonged to whom because he wanted things to go smoothly. He smirked light at the picture of their missing trio and chuckled lightly, “Yes, we’re getting ready. Stop fussing.”

 

A shout distracted him and he ran quickly to stop the fight, laughing when Kai overtook him before promptly skidding into a wall.

 

Sehun laughed from his upside down position on the sofa before righting himself and pulling a broacher over to read it through again because he wanted to memorise the times for the performances. Gently he touched the locket that he wore around his throat and smiled, “This is going to be great. You’re going to love this, Tao.”

 

He smiled glad that the others had agreed to the theme park for Tao’s death day celebration as it had been a long year. They had managed to fit all three of the celebrations in at least meant that they hadn’t missed anyone which was great. For Kris they had done gone camping which had ended up in a washed out muddy mess because someone had forgotten to check the weather report in advance and just to make everything else perfect they had only really packed for summer and not a downpour. Somehow they had made a good time out of it though, mainly because Lay had started a mud fight and the photographs from that were hilarious indeed.

 

Especially since there was one random one which appeared to feature three spectral figures dumping a huge bucket of rainwater on everyone as well as a good number of appearances by all three of their missing friends.

 

Luhan’s death day celebration had been a much easier and quiet affair, they had simply opted to go out for a meal at a restaurant but that had ended up being a bit of a crazy mess too. For once it hadn’t been about crazy fans or someone else stealing their table or anything like that. It hadn’t even been like the time when everyone had gotten completely off their heads drunk. No it had been a crazy night because the kitchen had a massive food ordering problem so they only thing available had been kids meals. Which would have been fine if they were not designed for two year olds.

 

It had still been funny trying to convince Suho that they wouldn’t get chucked out for playing with the Turkey Dinosaurs in very loud and obnoxious voices. Though maybe it had been because they were actually playing with them as if they were toys and not food. It hadn’t quite got to a food fight but it was damn close. Sehun had liked the photos from that craziness because it was so much easier to see his two gege’s and best friend though in one of the shots he could have sworn that Tao was flicking peas towards Luhan just to annoy him whilst Kris tried to stop it from happening.

 

He had his own version of that photo by his bedside because he liked it so much, though it had been replaced by a single shot of himself with all three spirits around him, appearing to give him a hug which had been a really unexpected joy to receive.

 

There came a knock on the door and Sehun grinned happily before bounding merrily to the door to open it with a bright smile, “Guys! You made it.”

 

“Well duh,” Chen said, reaching out to ruffle Sehun’s hair, “We weren’t going to miss this now were we?”

 

Sehun grinned, “Everyone else forgot and slept in late so we’re going to have to wait for a little while to get it all sorted out.”

 

“That I expected,” Xiumin said, heading straight to the kitchen to despite some boxes down, “We’ve already sorted out food for everyone when they…hey!”

 

Kyungsoo skidded into the kitchen to grab himself some socks which were in the microwave though no one had a real explanation as to why they were in the slightest and automatically nicked a box, “I’m not getting the leftovers.”

 

The four in the kitchen frowned before bursting to laughter because there was no other response that they could give to that.

 

Amazingly within the next hour everyone in EXO was washed, dressed and had managed to get across Seoul without getting caught by the fans and were in the queue for Lotte World. They could probably easily have wrangled getting celebrity access and all the usual VIP nonsense but none of them were really up for it at the moment. In fact, they were more inclined to just pretend that they were ordinary kids at the moment who were going out to have some fun.

 

Sehun laughed when they ended up getting caught out by Baekhyun sneezing loudly and they worked their way through to a special area where everything could be calmed down and sorted out. Soon they were running around the various exhibitions and going on the rides, laughing at each other when they jumped on the ghost rides or when Suho tried to convince everyone that he could actually communicate with the water based creatures of the world when in fact he was just making a whole lot of noises. Chanyeol got the whole thing on video and swore not to share it but everyone knew fine well that it would be doing the rounds in less than a couple of hours.

 

They played on the various claw machines and ran around the crazy children’s sections that they technically were not supposed to be running around. Kai ended up making a complete fool of himself by trying to stop himself from tripping over a child only to face plant straight into a very hard and concrete floor. There was already a slight bruise forming on his nose but at least he hadn’t started bleeding.

 

Flopping into a chair in one of the many restaurants which they had finally been able to agree on, Sehun plonked Pororo onto the chair next to him and smiled, “There. One in place already.”

 

“Oh?” Baekhyun asked, “Who have you got sitting next to you?”

 

“Tao,” Sehun said with a grin, “Kai’s got Luhan and Lay’s got Kris I think.”

 

“Yes I got him,” Lay said, setting Ace down on another seat whilst Kai ducked into his bag to find Croc, “You nearly forgot to pick him up today.”

 

Blinking in confusion, Sehun blushed a little, “Oh yah…sorry about that. I forgot I had him.”

 

“I’m not surprised with the amount of plushi’s that you have,” Chen said with a roll of his eyes, “Honestly you rival Tao’s collection and his whole bed was filled with them.”

 

Gently Sehun smiled, “Yeah, he was such a cry-baby a times.”

 

“Nah he just wanted to copy his Kris,” Chanyeol said with a faint smile and Xiumin pulled out his usual camera to start clicking through the photographs that he had taken over the course of the day.

 

Suho nodded, “That is true. Oh is it that time already?”

 

Xiumin nodded in response, “It is. Well I thought that it would make sense to capture the fireworks since all our missing brothers liked the fireworks.”

 

Everyone agreed and as they ate their food, feeling excitement brewing in their chests. They were informed ten minutes before that the fireworks were due and they all made their way out into the balcony to stare up in awe and pose for the photographs. The fireworks were bright, colourful and filled them all with the childish glee of being able to believe in magic and wonder.

 

Suho shivered slightly as he felt a cold breeze go across his back and for a second he was convinced that the others felt it too as he noticed them shivering and looking around in confusion. However, he just smiled, linked arms and hands with those closest to him. A single tear fell down his face as he tried to hold back the emotions but knew that for once it was all for the best.

 

Sehun hugged into Suho’s side, unable to stop his own tears from falling but a smile crossed his face regardless because he knew that Tao would be so happy with this whole day.

 

He didn’t even need to voice his joy when the photographs came out and Xiumin had outdone himself with the images as they were many when the fireworks were perfectly behind them so that they lit up the whole screen. Sehun had smiled upon seeing all three of his missing gege’s right where they were supposed to be. Kris had a big smile on his face and seemed to be tugging on Baekhyun’s hair, Luhan was snuggling against Lay whilst gently kicking Chen’s bottom and Tao was hugging around Suho and Sehun with a big cheesy grin on his face which was just perfect.

 

Everyone agreed that the photograph was the one to go on the wall and soon it quickly joined the rest to be always remembered. 

 

authors babbling: and there we go. Overdose is now finished off as well. I hope it was worth the wait and that everything was worth the sad journey I put you through. Thanks to everyone who has subscribed and commented and I hope you'll subscribe to my other stories. 

 

Though question - I had a suggestion that I should maybe continue the Deathau though focusing on others within the group to continue it on. It wouldn't be for a little while but would people want me to continue killing off EXO (god I sound like such an anti-fan even though I'm not) but I want to know peoples opinions on it. Let me know in the comments okay? 

Anyway lots of love and see you around

Chia