Sweet Enemy

Sweet Enemy

 

Exams were never Kim Taeyeon's thing.

Studying was the most exhausting and irritating thingy Taeyeon has ever done in her life.

Worst, exams were her most hateful enemies.

She swore she would erase that goddamn exam policy immediately for next generations' good if she became the President of South Korea. Well, if she ever did.

For her, they were never challenging, exciting, or whatever those stupid A-graders baffled about. 

Exams were annoying.

Depressing.

Good-for-nothing.

 

"UGH!!" Losing her temper, Taeyeon frustratedly threw the ball pen in her hand toward somewhere she didn't even care.

"Oh my gosh!" 

Taeyeon looked up to where the English exclamation came in horror, only to find her beautiful girlfriend at her bedroom door, with a not-so-amused face and her hands on her hips. The poor pen she threw hard lying pathetically beside the American-Korean girl's feet on the cold floor.

The petite blonde went running to her, as she exaggeratedly observed Tiffany's body with oh-so-sorry look. "Fany-ah, are you okay? Did I hurt you?"

"Good thing I managed to dodge it quickly. Is that how you greet your girlfriend who came to visit you? Since when you started hating me, Kim Taeyeon?" Tiffany maintained the poker face, holding her smile.

Taeyeon shook her head vigorously, waving her hands in front of her hands in defense, "It's not that, baby! I can explain! I was just sitting at the table and trying to study for that stupid exam but those damned maths theories started to kill my brain cells and burn my head, and I-" a finger was pressed on her lips, followed by Tiffany's giggle that very much sounded like soothing music to her ears.

"I got it already, Taetae. I was just pretending," Tiffany said before grabbing the shorter girl's hand and dragging her inside the bedroom.

"You're bad," Taeyeon quietly muttered, pouting.

"So...the most hateful time of the year has come again, huh?" Tiffany teased after glancing around Taeyeon's enormously messy studying table, and let's not forget the cute little annoyed look on her face.

"Fany-ah, please save me. I can't do this anymore. Umma's going to kick me out this time!" the blonde shorty said, throwing herself onto her bed and burying her face on the pillow.

Tiffany occupied beside her, "Mm, relax. I don't think mom could be that cruel to you. She would at least find you a nice part-time job before informing you about your departure, right?"

"Shut up," Taeyeon glared at her before pressing her face onto the pillow again, causing the brunette giggle again.

"That's why I told you to study little by little from the beginning, Tae. Now that the courses are piled up, you can do nothing but be stressful staring at them. You didn't listen to me after all," Tiffany scolded her like a mother, crossing her hands on her chest.

Taeyeon sat up and stared at her lover with a puppy look, "Then help me out, Fany-ah. You're the brilliant one, so you can help me pass at least, right? I don't want to fail. I want to go to the university with you. I don't want to lose you to those good-looking jerks out there. I must keep an eye on you!" She earned a light slap on the shoulder for her ridiculous reason.

"I helped you, Tae, I DID. But the problem is you, obviously. What can I do when you kept checking me out all the time while I was trying to explain the lessons to you?" Tiffany said.

"I won't do it this time, Fany-ah. I really won't. Please help me just this once. Don't you love your one and only girlfriend, hmm? Pweasee??" Taeyeon said with her big-eyed puppy face, tugging on Tiffany's shirt.

Tiffany huffed. "Fine. But! You must not lose your focus, promise?"

"Promise!" Taeyeon grinned and took Tiffany's hand to link their pinky fingers childishly.

 

"So, how to solve this calculus problem..."

Taeyeon was starting to lose it. Tiffany's firm voice was gradually sounding like a lullaby to her. Eyelids felt heavier than ever as her brain started to give in.

Feeling afraid to fall asleep, she chose to stare at her gorgeous girlfriend for a while instead of the boring book. 

Tiffany was always an interesting portrait for Taeyeon. Even her side profile was 1000% perfect. Her eyes that managed to shine like stars even if they were covered by her reading glasses, her sharp nose, her thin kissable lips that she would love to kiss all day, her fine jaw line, her milky white neck, her y firm cleav-

 

"KIM TAEYEON!!"

 

Taeyeon was so startled that she fell from her chair onto the floor with a thud. She stood up and rubbed her , whining in pain.

"You promised to concentrate and there you were checking me out again, huh?"

Taeyeon pouted in denial, "But it's been too long already. I'm tired."

Tiffany scoffed, "Too long? It's barely an hour for your information, Ms.Kim."

"I don't care. And I'm not caring anymore if I fail or not in that freaking exam. I'm going to bed," Taeyeon said as she attempts to walk to the bed when her right wrist was grabbed.

"Hey, wait! How about we make a deal?" Tiffany said, looking up at her.

"A deal?" Taeyeon raised her eyebrows. Bingo.

Tiffany pulled her down to sit back on the chair. "If you pass the exam smoothly, I'll request a summer trip from mom. You know mom listens to me a lot more than to you. Once the results are announced, we can go straight for our vacation trip," she leaned down to whisper inside her ear, "Just the two of us."

Taeyeon gulped hard and stared at her in disbelief, "For real?! A trip? Just the two of us? You mean...as in... then, we can..." she moved her hand onto Tiffany's thigh, slowly caressing it. 

"Stop your not-so-proper thoughts here!" Tiffany slapped her hand. "Now decide. Deal or not?"

"DEAL! Of course!" Taeyeon jumped on her seat in excitement.

"Good. Now look back at here," Tiffany pointed on the page, putting her glasses back on.

"Okay, okay," Taeyeon nodded eagerly and widened her eyes as much as possible not to feel drowsy, getting ready to drown in the world of mystery again, in glee this time.

 

Exams were never Kim Taeyeon's thing.

But with Tiffany, she probably would fight to win against them.

Everything has an exception, she thought.