I'm Not Defenseless!

Wrong Language

Tao has no idea where he was, well he was somewhere in the school but he'd never been here before. He just wanted to get away from Kris and the scene that had just unfolded. Tao didn't know what to think. There was a tiny part of him that was hoping that some kind of relationship would maybe blossom from the moment they had on the stairs. And he was right, Kris said it himself that he really liked Tao. That fact alone made him ecstatic. But he couldn't shake off the feeling of anger from the fact that he had told their private moment to all his friends and Tao's friends. Not only that but he had told them it as if it were some funny story. Tao felt bitterness fill him, is that all it was to Kris? Something to laugh about? But he said he was interested in Tao?

The boy didn't know what to think, more anger fuelled him as he remembered something else that Kris had said. 'He just looked so cute and defenseless' . Like hell Tao is defenseless, he'd trained in wushu for years, as if he'd be afraid of Kris. Kris had claimed that he was worried Tao was afraid of him and was too scared to push him away. Kris needs to get over himself Tao decided. He had heard all the rumours about Kris but he knew there was no truth behind them. Well there was some, looking a Kris' body he definitely looked like he could do some serious damage if he wanted to but Kris was just a somewhat unfriendly gentle giant. There was nothing to be afraid of. Tao was more afraid of what would happen now, would him and Kris become an item? Or was he really just a joke to Kris?

 

Kris had no idea where Tao was, he barely even knew who Tao was. He briefly wondered exactly why he was so panicked if he didn't even know Tao. Why was he searching for him so hard, why did it matter to him so much that Tao was okay? Kris knew the answer. He liked Tao, a lot. Looking ahead he heard sniffling echoing down the corridor. Please be Tao he silently begged. The boy followed the sound and tried to pinpoint its location. Once he had reached end of the corridor he looked around desperately. There was nothing. There was a left turn at the end of the corridor but it only continued down a few metres and contained a single vending machine. On the right there were cupboards containing school supplies. Looking back to the left he saw an odd shaped shadow being cast from next the the vending machine. Peering past he saw a boy curled up on the floor next to it.

"Tao?" He asked gently, not wanting to startle the other.

"What do you want Kris?" Tao said bluntly as he raised his head to look at the other.

"I want to know what's wrong with you. Why did you run?" Kris asked, gently still. He didn't want to make Tao any more upset than he was. He could see tears threatening to fall from his eyes. Kris crouched down and scooted closer to Tao when the other didn't reply.

 

"Tao?" Kris asked while reaching out a hand to grasp Tao's own smaller one.

"Am I just a joke to you Kris? What happened between us on the stairs, was it just something to be retold as a funny story to you? How can you say you like me when you go and tell all your friends and mine about this, you humiliated me Kris!" Tao shouted, unable to hold back any longer. He was so mad at Kris but at the same time seeing how calm and gentle Kris was being, how concerned he was for Tao was making it difficult for him to maintain to anger towards the other.

"What gave you that idea?! Why do you think that Tao?" Kris cried indignantly.

"Because that's what you did! You went and told everyone what happened and then you started laughing as well! Tao shouted right back.

"I told Chanyeol and my friends because I didn't know what to do, I do really like you and as they are all in relationships I thought they could help. And then Chanyeol made me tell it again because he wanted us all to get along and he thought telling that story would break the ice between the two friend groups. I'm sorry if it upset you Tao I really am." Kris pleaded.

"Then why did you laugh?!" Tao shouted.

"I couldn't help but laugh at myself! I've fallen for a guy that I nearly kissed merely moments after learning his name and I failed my exams because I couldn't stop thinking about what would of happened if we had kissed! I went to Chanyeol for relationship advice, Chanyeol! How could I not laugh at myself?" Kris shouted right back.

"Well uh, when you put it like that I guess" Tao finished of lamely. He flinched as he felt Kris place his hands on his cheeks and tilt his head up. The two of them got lost in each other's eyes. Tao felt a smile breaking out on his face as he stared up at Kris. After hearing the other explain Tao felt a little better, at least he knew he hadn't meant to upset Tao. Thinking about it, what Kris said was actually really embarrassing. In one single minute, Kris had confessed to Tao, admitted that he daydreams about kissing him and said that he had to go and get relationship advice from Chanyeol of all people, it was all pretty embarrassing. Tao found himself unable to conceal his sniggers any longer and burst out laughing.

"Yah! Don't laugh at me, this isn't fair! All I do is embarrass myself around you!" Kris whined, but Tao just kept on laughing. "Come on! I said stop!" Kris whined again, but this time he sunk to his knees, legs bracketing Tao's own and placed a hand over the others mouth.

 

Tao immediately stopped laughing as soon as he felt a weight fall upon him, followed by a hand placed over his mouth. Looking down he saw Kris sitting in his lap. Tao couldn't even think. Yet again his crush was just so close to him and was looking at him as if Tao was all he could see. He began to stutter out something but it was muffled by the others hand.

"I'm sorry! I didn't mean too." Words spilled out of Kris' mouth quickly as he pulled away from Tao and stood.

 

"I have something I want to ask you, are you afraid of me? Tao do you have feelings for me? I was really worried that on the stairs you didn't push me away because you were scared? I just thought that you looked so cute and defenseless so I got really worried that you were afraid of me." Kris asked meekly, voice getting quieter and quieter as a look of rage overtook Tao's features with every word that left his mouth.

Tao stood, he was fuming. Just because he looked cute didn't mean he was defenseless, the two words were not linked at all. How dare he ask that, or even think that. Even if he was scared, which he isn't, Tao would definitely stand up to someone if they were doing something that made him uncomfortable.
"What did you just say?! I'm defenseless? Just some cute little pathetic boy who can't stand up for himself?!" He spat out at Kris, taking a step closer to him as the other took a step back in response.
"Just because I look cute that means I can't defend myself?! I don't know who you think you are but you are no where as intimidating as you think you idiot! I've trained in wushu for years, I could beat your any day so get over yourself please!" Tao took another step closer and Kris took another one back. His back hitting the wall now, Kris had no where else to run.

 

Kris knew he had seriously pissed Tao off this time, he was screaming and shouting at him and if he was honest Kris was a little bit scared right now. He could only watch, stunned speechless as Tao ripped off his blazer. Clad now only in the flimsy white shirt and a black school tie the other slammed his palms onto the wall either side of Kris' head. Tao leant in even further till his forearms rested on the wall instead.

"Do these look defenseless?" Tao whispered huskily, tensing his arm muscles. Smirking as he saw Kris blushing when he watched the fabric stretch over defined muscles.

"Do these look defenseless Kris? Tao whispered yet again, his voice had dropped octaves lower and Kris could only shudder in response to the deep voice. It got worse though. He watched in horror as one of Tao's arm slid down the wall and gripped the bottom of his shirt. To Kris, it seemed like it was in slow motion. Agonisingly slowly, Tao lifted his shirt up to display perfectly sculpted abs and defined v lines that disappeared below the waistband of his trousers. Kris couldn't function, his eyes glued to the muscles on display to him, he felt a blush creeping across his features.

 

Tao watched Kris' face flush a dark red. Though his own cheeks had the same crimson hue, he couldn't believe he had just done that! But it was too late now, he might as well go the whole way. Letting his shirt drop and removing his arm from the wall he quickly grabbed Kris' arms and pinned the above his head. Pressing his body flush to Kris he leant in and whispered in the others ear, lips brushing it as he spoke.

"Do I look defenseless to you?" He purred and the only thing he got from Kris was silence.

"N-no, not at all" Kris stuttered out, the ability to think and talk had escaped him the moment Tao pressed his warm body to his own.

"Then why did you say it?" Tao whispered again, his head lowered slightly so his lips brushed the others neck.

"Because you're really cute and I just feel like I need to protect you from everything because you're so adorable." Kris blabbed, his breath coming out strained.

"You don't need to protect me, I don't need protection, though it's sweet of you to say that" Tao said, still smiling from Kris' words. He let the restrained arms drop and wrapped his own arms around Kris' shoulders.

"Really? So is all forgiven now? Are we okay?" Kris asked while winding his arms around Tao's narrow waist.

"Yeah we are" Tao replied, snaking his fingers into Kris' hair and smoothing to dark locks down. "Let's go back, come on" Tao continued, letting go of Kris and slipping his hand into the others much larger one. He spun on his heel and began walking unti-

"SPIDER, KRIS!" Tao screamed as he buried his face in Kris' neck. Laughter was the only thing he heard coming from the other though.

"So you don't need protecting huh?" Kris said sarcastically between fits of laughter.

"Get lost you prick! It's not funny!" Tao said before storming off. Kris soon followed the other, peppering the enraged male's face with kisses until he calmed down once more.