Funny Stories

Wrong Language

Kris rolled over, trying to ignore the shrill ringing of his alarm. It worked for a while until the ten extra minutes he gained from pressing the snooze button ran out and it sounded again. After pressing the button three more times Kris finally sat up, stretching his long arms and legs out before standing. He shuffled to the bathroom and once he had splashed his face with water he finally woke up. And remember exactly why his alarm was set so early. He had an exam this morning, and he was planning on getting to school early. Suddenly Kris became a flurry of movement, grabbing his bag and throwing on his uniform all while brushing his teeth. Breakfast was no longer an option as he ran out of the house in the hope of getting to school in time.

 

Kris cursed whoever put his classroom on the top floor, he needed to have serious words with them. His long legs could only handle so many stairs despite taking them two at a time, he still felt the burn in his thighs due to the effort. Panting heavily he saw that he was on the final set of stairs and using a final surge of speed he charged up them. Unfortunately Kris felt his foot snag on the last step and in order to stop himself from slamming face first into the wall he threw his hands out in front of him. The sound of skin slapping the wall could be heard as well as a squeak that definitely didn't come from Kris' mouth.

He looked down only to find a boy cowering beneath him. Trapped between the wall behind him, the body merely inches in front of him, and the muscular arms either side of his head. The boy had smooth tanned skin and blonde hair, he was blinking up at Kris owlishly. He reminded Kris of a panda, a very cute panda. He had always had a secret liking for cute things, and this boy was ticking all the boxes. Kris felt undeniably drawn to the other, and felt himself unconsciously leaning towards him. The inches turned into centimetres. He could feel the others short breaths fanning across his face. His entire forearm now rested on the wall instead of just his palms, and one slid down the wall and ran itself over the smaller boys arm.

 

"Yah, who are you?" Kris asked, his voice a breathy whisper. He watched a dark blush spread across the others face. The hand that had ran down the others arm undid the death grip the other had on his jumper and enveloped the trembling hand in his own.

"I-I'm Tao" Tao replied, his voice coming out high pitched and strained. He was so nervous, Kris , the guy he'd had a crush on since forever was so close to him and it was seriously doing things to his heart.

 

"Where have you been hiding from me Tao?" Kris asked. He had never seen this gorgeous boy before, this wasn't a face he would easily forget.  He liked the way the others name sounded when he said it. Tao. It sounded right. Kris leant in even further when the other had only squeaked again in response. Forheads bumped and he felt his nose brush the others. He brought his entirety closer to Tao, bodies now pressed together. Internally, Kris was screaming at himself for what he was doing. Why was he so drawn to Tao? Why couldn't he pull away from the other? Well Tao wasn't exactly telling him to stop or pushing him away. Unless Tao was intimidated by him, or scared of Kris? Kris knew he wasn't the friendliest and he'd heard some of the rumours people had said about him: how he'd apparently beaten up someone from a nearby school, or that he'd moved here to get away from trouble with gangs. None of it was true but there was no point in defending himself when rumours just keep coming back. Oh god, what if Tao was too scared to push him away?!

He looked down at Tao, really looked. The others pupils were blown wide, making his eyes look entirely black. A dark blush had crept across his cheeks and was spreading down his neck. The hand not held in his own was pressed against Kris' chest, and had twisted the fabric of his shirt in a deathly grip. The other's body was squirming beneath his own, but not to get away, to get closer. It didn't look like Tao was afraid. Kris' eyes snapped back up as he saw Tao biting his lip, dragging his plump bottom lip slowly between his teeth. He felt the hand twisted into his shirt tug him forward and their lips brushed. Kris nearly stopped breathing. But the hand had gripped too hard, nicking the skin underneath. It wasn't exactly painful, but it was enough to wake Kris up. And make him really think about what he was doing.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry, I didn't mean too, I don't know why I did that I just couldn't resist you,I have an exam to run to now so I have to go." Kris blabbed before running away in the direction of his classroom. He got halfway before he realised exactly what he had said, he had spoken the entire apology in French. He was in Korea, damn it.

 

Tao slid down the wall in defeat, he couldn't believe it. The guy he had had a crush on for the entirety of Highschool who didn't even know he existed had just pinned him to a wall and nearly kissed him. Just when Tao could feel the hot breath fanning over his face and could see Kris' eyes glued to his lips as he bit them, Kris suddenly threw himself off Tao. He then spewed something in a language Tao had never heard before and turned and ran. What the hell was going on?

 

Kris walked into the lunch hall, knowing he had completely failed the exam. He was too distracted by Tao to focus. Did Tao really pull him in and try to kiss him, or was it his imagination? He just couldn't shake off the worry that Tao was simply too scared to push him away. He saw his friends seated at their regular table. Chanyeol was as per usual staring over at Baekhyun on a different table. It was obvious that the other had feelings for the smaller boy but Chanyeol was just too shy. D.O, Kai, Luhan and Sehun were too wrapped up in their coupley-ness to notice that he had even sat down.

"Hey guys, can we go sit with them today?" Chanyeol said while gesturing to the table that Baekhyun was sitting at.

"Ooh, finally making a move?" Kai joked, though everyone was already grabbing bags and lunch trays.

"Shut up Kai, go back to eating all of D.O's food" Chanyeol hissed as everyone stood up and began walking.

 

Baekhyun looked up and saw Chanyeol and his friends nearing their table. Thankfully none of his own friends minded that there would be new faces at their already crowded table. Chen was happy that he would have new people to prank and Xiumin was happy that Chen would no longer be pranking him. Suho was happy that he could supervise Baekhyun around Chanyeol even though he had insisted that 'it's not like that Suho, we're just friends!' But Suho would always just roll his eyes and then make this weird knowing face at all his friends. Lay was just smiling softly at Suho all the time and cuddling him. Tao was just really quiet today, he was slouched down and hidden by the joint form of SuLay.

"Hey Chanyeol! You came, I think I already know everyone but I'm not sure if my friends know your friends." Baekhyun finished off lamely, hoping that the two sets of friends would get along.

 

Luckily they did. There was very little friction between the two groups. Xiumin was getting along well with Luhan, Chen wasn't very happy about this at first but as soon as he saw Luhan holding hands with Sehun his worries faded. Sehun was talking to Tao quietly in the corner, Kris was talking to Suho and lay. D.O and Kai were just in a world of their own as usual but occasionally joined the converstaion. He was in his own world with Chanyeol, smiling like and idiot and laughing in the same stupid manner every five seconds at the taller male. Though it was inevitable, an awkward lull in conversation occurred. Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol, silently pleading with him to say something to make it return to the bubbly chatter that was present five minutes ago.

"Yah, this is awkward, but not as awkward as what Kris did earlier today right everyone?" all eyes turned to Kris after Chanyeol spoke and the other repeatedly hit his head on the desk groaning. Chanyeol, Luhan, Sehun, Kai and D.O just looked on knowingly.

"I don't want to talk about it, don't make me!" Kris whined, he regretted telling Chanyeol instantly.

"C'mon krease, either you tell it or I do!" Chanyeol countered with and noted the look of fear in Kris' face as soon as he said it.

"Fine, okay, long story short. I was late for class and I was running up the stairs, I ended up falling and I kind of accidently pinned someone to the wall." The last words were rushed, Kris was embarrassed just thinking about it. A chorus of laughter could be heard. He heard so many replies and questions that he didn't know who to reply too. Once the laughter died down, Suho piped up.

"Who was she? Did you even know her? Suho asked.

"It was a he. His name was Tao, I've never met him before, I don't even know anything about hi-"

"Yeah but you'd like to wouldn't you? Kris has only met this guy once and he now has this massive crush on this Tao person" Chanyeol interrupted with. Kris remained silent, he couldn't even deny that he had a crush on Tao, but just a tiny small one. It's not like he spent the entire exam thinking about what it would of felt like if he had actually kissed Tao. Oh wait. He had.

"But that's not all Kris is it? Go on, finish the story, don't worry guys it gets even better" Chanyeol continued with, looking at Kris while trying to hold back sniggers.

 

"I almost kissed him okay?! It's not that big of a deal, I freaked out once I realised what I had done I pulled away. I was kind of worried that he was scared of me and that I was freaking him out. I know you've probably heard the rumours about me, none of them are true by the way, so yeah. He just looked really cute and like defenseless so I was worried he was afraid of me. I pulled away but I got so freaked out I said this massive apology in French without realising. And yeah Yeol is right, I think I do really like him." Kris finished off, finally giving in and laughing at himself. He saw his friends laughing along with him, this wasn't the first time they had heard the story but they still cackled like witches.

 

But no one else was laughing. Baekhyun wasn't laughing, none of his friends were. They were all looking horrified at him before turning and looking at Suho and Lay. Well not really, they were kind of looking through them and more behind them. Kris couldnt see what they were looking at without leaning over the table slightly. As soon as he did, Kris regretted it. Sitting there behind SuLay was Tao. Blushing furiously and looking wildly at each of his friendly before locking eyes with Kris.

 

"I-uh uh uh, we-well you uh see, you see" Tao stuttered out, he was so embarrassed. He hadn't even told his friends about what had happened. He felt guilty that they had to hear about this from someone else, but at least it was Kris that had told them. Wait, Kris. He looked up and found Kris staring up at him. Tao didn't know what to do so he ran, he got up and bolted for the door.

 

No one said anything. Everyone remained silent, letting what had happened sink in. Baekhyun and his friends knew that Tao had had a crush on Kris since forever and to have Kris tell the story of what intimate act had happened as if it was a funny story must be the reason why he ran. Chanyeol and the others knew that Kris actually had feelings for Tao, and seeing that the other had ran away after Kris had practically confessed had caused their friend to crumble into his chair.

"What did I do? Why did he run? Kris asked quietly, looking at Baekhyun.

"I don't know, you should go after him" Baekhyun responded with, and Chen, Xiumin, Lay and Suho all nodded in agreement. So Kris did, he stood and walked out. He needed to fix this, whatever it was that he had done.