I See Right Through You

No More Lies, Kevin

 

I've known for a while what's he's been doing. I bet you'd never think that the sweetest guy on earth is cheating on his first ever girlfriend, would you? No. You wouldn't. Well, you wouldn't think like he was if you knew who that "sweet guy" was. Kevin Woo. My first boyfriend. And I'm his first girlfriend...well...I was. Until she came along. My name's Haneul. I'm 20 years old. And Kevin Woo is cheating on me.

I giggled.
"Nari! Don't tease!"
Nari grinned.
"But you and Kevin are so cute together! Your image is a bad girl acting cute, and his image is a good boy acting y. You're the perfect match."
I blushed a deep red and twirled my brown hair around my finger. I was wearing a black multi strap V neck tie bralet crop top, a pair of black tight mini shorts, a white fitted blazer, a white baseball cap, and a pair of white strappy suede stilettos to match. Nari wore the exact same, but instead of a black bralet crop top and shorts, she wore them in white, instead of a white blazer, she wore a black one, and instead of a white baseball cap, she wore a black one. We were both about to go onto stage to sing "Black and White" from our new album "Colour of Trouble". Our fandom colour was black and white, symbolising our "black and white" attitude to everything.
"After "Black and White", we're singing "Guardian Angel" with U-Kiss...aren't we? And then "Kiss You" with Block B?" Nari asked.
"Yeah, that's right. Man...so many collaborations..." I sighed.
I suddenly gasped when I felt a pair of hands on my shoulders and jumped in surprise.
"Hey, don't be scared Haneul, it's just me." Kevin whispered in my ear softly.
I smiled.
"You really surprised me! Are you ready? It's been a year already, and I'm still really scared every time I go out onto the stage."
I sighed, shivering.
"Are you cold?" Kevin frowned.
I remembered the first time Kevin properly flirted with me. He'd wrapped his coat around my shoulders and cuddled me from behind. At first I had stopped, frozen, but after a few minutes, I'd relaxed into Kevin and we'd stayed in that position until they had to go onto the stage to perform. Afterwards, Kevin had came backstage, and asked me out there, where only he, I, U-Kiss, and Nari could hear.
I smiled at Kevin.
"Yeah, I'm cold, but I'll warm up after I've got on the stage. As choreographer, I was told to make a dance that reached the heart for "Black and White". It's a slow dance to a fast song. Weirdly, I think it works."
"Anything works when you're doing it jagiya." Kevin grinned. He pecked me on the cheek then wandered off back to U-Kiss.
"So, have you told him yet?" Nari whispered.
I blushed.
"We need to go. We're on now."

Kevin looked up from what he was doing as he heard my fast yet soft rapping floating in from the stage. I could see him out of the corner of my eye.
"Things are never black or white, everything is always grey
Stop looking for a complicated answer and just stare into my eyes
Some girls like to say one thing and mean another. And me being who I am, I'm very straightforward. Everything is very
black and white for me. I don't really like playing mind games.
You see, human nature isn't black and white...it's black and grey.
You think I lie, and you think I'm grey. I'm not. I'm standing here, speaking "Black and White".
You're mine."
(The words in bold are in English. The whole song is meant to be in Korean. xD)
Kevin smiled. He'd taught me English a while ago, and I'd picked it up amazingly fast, so now, I was as fluent as he was. He loved the way his girlfriend rapped. Kevin looked up and saw I danced ily. He loved the way I moved my body too. I knew he did, just by the way he stared with a slight smirk. The chorus of "Black and White" was sung by both of me and Nari, and it always did something strange to Kevin's heart. I could tell by the way he groaned slightly.
"We're Black and White! Never keep secrets, always mean what we say. Baby we've always been this way! Black and White, we'll carry on forever, never in the grey. You can see us, you can see everything that way. Don't ever give up, you're bound to win. Just like us, don't stop, stay Black and White."
As the song stopped, U-Kiss quickly fixed on their mics and ran out to us. We all hugged and the crowd screamed excitedly.
"Is everybody ready?" Soohyun shouted.
"YES!" The crowd screamed back.
"I can't hear you!" I laughed.
"YES, YES, YES!" The crowd shrieked louder.
"Then let's make some music!" Eli grinned.
It started off straight into the catchy and fast chorus.
"U-Kiss, Haneul, and Nari: You're my Guard-Guard-Guardian Angel! You make me feel so safe, so loved, so amazing.
Haneul: I know I can be a pain, but don't ever give up on me. I learn slow, but
I love you so. Never hurt me, never leave me, I'm forever yours.
Kevin: Always protecting me you're my perfect girl. I'll always protect you too, as long as you forgive me when I do stupid things. I'll never hurt you.
I'm forever yours.
Nari and Soohyun:
I love you. I'll protect you. I'll always be there for you, no matter what. You're my Guardian Angel."

We and U-Kiss bowed then they ran off the stage, to be replaced by Block B. I hugged U-Kwon tightly and kissed his cheek softly. As best childhood friends, we're extremely close. The crowd screamed so loud when U-Kwon kissed my cheek back. To me, he's more like the perfect brother than a friend. Nobody really knows U-Kwon's true feelings for me, but I and everyone else just assumed he thought of me as a sister too. I discard my thoughts and then the music began, and we all started singing.
"Kiss me! Kiss me! Love me! Love me! You're mine, mine. Never forget that, that. Just Kiss me! Kiss me! And Love me! Love me! Together forever, forever. We're perfect together, and you know it. Haneul & U-Kwon: You're my soul mate, soul mate. You're my lover, my lover."

I laughed as U-Kwon impersonated Kevin being drunk, badly. Tears fell down my face, as I giggled desperately.
"S-Stop it!"
U-Kwon just laughed as if he was crazy and this made me fall onto my knees, crying with laughter. U-Kwon finally stopped as Kevin walked in, rolling his eyes.
"Hi U-Kwon." He said coldly.
"Kevin." U-Kwon nodded.
I sighed.
"Well, I've got to go U-Kwon. I and Kevin are going down to his dorms, with the rest of U-Kiss and Nari." I added, seeing U-Kwon's eyebrows raise.
Kevin took my hand gently and pulled me up from my knees.
"Come on, let's go. See you U-Kwon."
U-Kwon glared at Kevin.
"You the fun out of everything, just because your too jealous to let your girlfriend have any."
"Keep your nose out of my business, and stop pretending you know what's going through my head." Kevin snapped.
"I don't know. But Haneul does." U-Kwon hissed. He turned his back on Kevin and walked away to his friends. "See you later Haneul!"
"See you U-Kwon! You know...Kevin...you don't have to be jealous. He's like a brother to me. I swear, he's nothing more than that. You're my boyfriend, and I promise I love you, and only you." I said quietly.
Kevin pulled me close and kiss my neck romantically.
"I know. I'm not jealous. I just don't trust him. I love you too."
I have to admit. He's intelligent about it. He knows what to say to not get me suspicious, but I still know. He met her on the After School Club he hosts with Eric Nam and Jimin. She's pretty. She's y. She's funny. That's all I know about her. And that's Kevin's cheating on me with her. Ugh, how could he do this to me? I bet you're wondering how I know, aren't you? It's not as if I did some awesome spying or anything, or that I just stumbled on it by accident. In actual fact, Dongho had told me. He said he was really guilty about knowing about this, so he had decided to tell me. But Dongho said I needed to keep it a secret from Kevin that he had told me, but I could do whatever I wanted with the information. He's so sweet. Maybe I should have gone out with him instead...he clearly likes me. But then again, Kevin's always been there for me, even now he's cheating on me. It hurts, but I can't help remembering the way he looked after me when I was ill, the way he kissed me when I was sad, and the way he taught me pretty much everything I know about music and English. It's so hard. Why does he have to do this to me? I love him...but I don't. It's going to worse when Dongho tells me who the girl is. I just know she's going to be one of those perfect girls.