Intro: First Meeting

Growing Up

"Mommy where are we going?" Little Hongbin asked his mom as he was being strapped in his car seat. He was holding a little giraffe plushie, the only thing he was able to take as he was rushed out the door in his mom's arms.

His mom smiled at him as she ruffled his hair. "Well Binnie, we are going to meet a new friend." She closed the door and walked to the driver's seat. Hongbin waited until she sat down so he could start asking questions. "A new friend?"

"Yes Hongbin, a new friend." 

The car started to take off as Hongbin smiled gleefully. He couldn't wait to make a new friend, his twin sisters were always busy with school work and when they were free, they didn't seem to like playing with Hongbin and his toy cars as much as he did, they only gossiped and went out to play with other friends.

"What about noonas?" He asked as he stared at the scenary outside his window.

"They are at school Binnie."

"Oh." Hongbin giggled as he forgot that his sisters were at school. He looked down at the giraffe on his lap and started to play with it.

"Mommy," Hongbin said while playing with his plushie, "Will my new friend play with me and Mister Gi?"

His mom looked at him through the rear mirror and shook her head. "Binnie, your new friend is still a baby. Maybe when he's a bit older, okay?"

Hongbin looked up from his toy and stared at his mom. "A baby? But I'm a baby too!"

His mom chuckled. "No Binnie, he is way smaller than you."

Hongbin pouted as he learned that this new friend of his was younger than him. "So he won't play with me?" Hongbin whispered as he looked back down at Mister Gi and started fiddling with the plushie. He didn't get an answer from his mom as she probably didn't hear him. Hongbin sighed dejectedly. He looked back out the window for a while until he felt the car slowing down as they turned into a driveway. He heard his mom get out the door and a few seconds later, his door was swung open.

"Come on Binnie, let's go." Hongbin's mom said while she unbuckled him from his seat. "We are here."

Hongbin stretched his arms out to his mom signalling that he wanted to be carried. He didn't feel like walking after hearing the news of not being able to play with a new friend, he didn't feel as excited to meet him anymore.

As he was being carried to the door, Hongbin remembered about his forgotten giraffe still in his seat. "Mommy! Mommy! Mister Gi! I want Mister Gi!" Whined Hongbin as he started to fuss around in his mother's arms. He heard her sigh as he felt his mom turn around and head back to the car.

After Mister Gi returned back to his place in Hongbin's arms, Hongbin found himself infront of a door waiting for it to be opened. His mom had placed him on the ground when they walked back after getting his plushie. The door suddenly swung open and startled Hongbin who jumped a bit. His mom and the woman who opened the door started to hug each other and chatted. Hongbin just kept standing behind his mom waiting until she was done doing whatever she was doing. The woman who opened to door notices Hongbin standing behind his mom and breaks away from the conversation. She crouched down right in front of Hongbin and looked right at him.

"Hi there little guy, you must be Hongbin. I'm Mrs. Han." She gave him a big friendly smile and stood back up. She looked at Hongbin's mom again. "Eonnie, Hongbin has grown a lot since I last saw him when he was a newborn."

Hongbin's mom nodded and smiled. "Children these days grow so fast, it feels just like yesterday when he only learned how to crawl." Mrs. Lee motioned Hongbin to come up. "Binnie, say hi to Mrs. Han."

Hongbin put his hands on his stomach and bowed down. "Annyeonghaseyo." He said as he gave a smile.

Mrs. Han smiled back down at him when a cry rang through the house, she told them to come have a seat while she rushed down a hallway.

Hongbin's mom led him to the couch and Hongbin sat there playing with Mister Gi.

A few minutes later, Mrs. Han came back with someone in her arms. Hongbin's mother immediately stood up and walked towards Mrs. Han.

"Omo, is this Sanghyuk?" She asked as she looked at the baby.

Mrs. Han smiled, "Yes, this is Sanghyuk. Would you like to hold him?"

A nod later, baby Sanghyuk was in her arms as his mother was laying blankets down on the floor for him to sleep on.

Mrs. Lee smiled at Sanghyuk who opened his eyes for a little while. "My, my, he is such a little precious one."

The baby started fussing right after realizing that the stranger that is holding him was not his mom, so Mrs. Han went up and soothed him to sleep. When he was asleep, she placed him on the blankets she had set up.

"Come Eonnie, I'll show you around the house."

Mrs. Lee stood up and turned to Hongbin. "Binnie," she called waiting for Hongbin to pay attention to her, "look after Sanghyuk okay? Mommy will be back." She waited for him to nod and then followed Mrs. Han.

As both of the adults went out of the living room, Hongbin walked to the bundle of blankets. He stared curiously at the little human and sat down right beside him. Hongbin was fascinated with how small this baby was, so he just sat there staring at the enfant. Mister Gi had been long forgotten as Hongbin started to carefully touch and play around the Sanghyuk's fingers. Hongbin smiled, the baby's fingers were so tiny.

Tired of his current position leaning over the baby, Hongbin shifted to move but his arm accidentally touched Sanghyuk not so gently. Sanghyuk started to whine and move around causing Hongbin to become worried. He just sat there hoping Sanghyuk wouldn't cry otherwise he might be in trouble. Sanghyuk's mouth started to open like he was going to cry and panick rushed throughout Hongbin's body, he moved forward and grabbed onto Sanghyuk's hand while the other hand reached to carefully pat the baby's side. Sanghyuk slowly closed his mouth and stopped whining but his eyes fluttered open. 

Hongbin froze as he stared into those eyes. Little Sanghyuk smiled at Hongbin and started to laugh. The baby kept on looking at him and right then, Hongbin knew he was in love.

 


 

This is the introduction to this collection of little Hyukbin stories! Please look forward to it!