AMC's stupid F4

Crossed Love

Author's Note to read! To clear the confusion about the change of characters! Enjoy reading :)


         Four boys were huddled around a hospital bed. All wore worried expressions but didn’t say anything about each other’s presence in the room. In the bed lied an unconscious me. The coming of someone in the room made the boys lose their attention on me.

 

         “What’s with the long faces, boys?” Nurse Choi said as she looked at their worried expressions.

 

         “Is he gonna be okay?” Joohyuk asked and the others looked just as curious as the latter. The nurse only rolled her eyes at them.

 

         “Of course he is. And you guys should know better. May I remind you all that you are all doctors!” she shook her head. All of them slightly blush at her remark. Seems like they had forgotten about that fact.

 

         Jungkook only laughed in embarrassment though to ease the awkward atmosphere. Nurse Choi was examining me, to really make sure I was okay.

 

         “It seems like he just fainted. Maybe from too much stress or too much shock.” She said, “I’m not sure though we’ll have to ask him when he wakes up.” Before she went out of the door, she turned around and looked at the four of them, “I’m really surprised to see all of you here, I wonder what kind of relationship you all have with Dr. Ahn.” She said more to herself but the four heard her very clearly.

 

         When she was out, all of them were deep in thought, yes they all knew why they were here for. All thought they had good reasons to be here but the one thing that stayed in their minds was Why the hell are those three here? Only one of them was brave enough to ask it.

 

        

         “Do you guys know him?” Mark asked them. All eyes were on him now but he didn’t mind the attention, all he found important right now was their answers.

 

         All of them nodded in response.

 

         “How?” Now it was Mingyu’s turn to ask. A few minutes of silence took place, it felt like nobody wanted to answer. But before anyone could even answer, I stirred from my slumber, it made the four boys put all their attention to me, yet again.

 

         My eyes opened slowly but closed right after I was blinded by the bright light of the room. When I tried to open my eyes again I got used to the light and got to know my surroundings. I was sure that I was in a hospital room.

 

         “Are you alright?” A voice told me. I looked around and found the owner of it, it was Jungkook. He looked at me with so much worry and he wasn't the only one here in the room, Mingyu, Joohyuk and Mark were here too with the same face Jungkook wore.

 

         “I fainted, didn’t I?” I asked them, I was feeling quite intimidated by their presences.

 

         “Yes” Mingyu answered me. I sat up from my lying position and looked at the four of them. I didn’t know what to say, the fact that the four of them were right here in the same room as mine was just too much to take.

 

         “Do you guys know each other?” I asked them. I wanted to know what kind of relation they have with each other.

 

         “We do, we’re really good friends outside of the Centre and also colleagues but that you had probably figured out.” Joohyuk said.

 

         Great, my ‘exes’ know each other and on top of that they are really good friends, I was thinking deeply about this, Do they know about me and them? Do they know what connections I have with each and every one of them? OMG, no! Let’s just hope they don’t. They can’t find out! I don’t want the to-

 

         “Angel.” Mark cut me off from my thinking..

 

“Oh?” I was brought back to my senses. If my mom is one to ramble a lot, I guess I am one who thinks too much, so much that I tend to get caught up with it and tune out everything else. I guess all of them knew that already. “I was thinking too much again.”

 

The atmosphere suddenly fell into an awkward silence. Nobody knew what to say, all were deep in thoughts. I looked at each one of them and I couldn’t help this feeling of nostalgia creeping up on me. I only realized know how much I actually missed them. I mean they all played a big role in my life and it wasn’t easy to let them go.

 

“It’s been a while” these words slipped out of my mouth without me noticing. Their attention suddenly turned all towards. And again with the silence. “Never though we would meet in such circumstances.”

 

***

 

“I can’t believe I wasted half of a day in a hospital bed” I said tiredly to Dr Ha. I called her Jiwon, let’s say we had a lot of time to get acquainted when she was the doctor that took me in charge. “And to top it all off it’s my first day! I can’t believe this is happening to me!”

 

“Don’t let it get to you Angel-ssi. You can always make it up to it later.” Jiwon-ssi told me.

 

I only nodded at her response. I guess she was right. But still I couldn’t believe what was happening right now. How the hell did they all end up in one place? It’s been years since I have last seen them and now they just seem to come back and what’s worse all in one place. Let’s not even leave out the fact that it is a place I would spend lots of time in, which also means I will see them more and more often. Which means-

 

“Angel-ssi” Jiwon-sii snapped her fingers in front of me to wake me up from my thoughts.

 

“Y-yes?” I said.

 

“As I was saying, lets go eat lunch. Though it’s already 2 o’clock in the afternoon.” At the mention of lunch my stomach grumbles. Because I had spent most of my morning in a hospital bed, I didn’t have the chance to eat some lunch. So I guess that sound answered her question.

 

“I was thinking we could go into this new ramen shop that opened not too far from the hospital.” Jiwon told me as we began making our way to go get some lunch. “I heard from colleagues that the food is great there!”

 

“Sounds like a plan.” I told her, I really didn’t care what we ate right now as long as we get our stomachs full.

 

***

 

We arrived in this cozy little ramen shop. The theme was of a Japanese feel but with some touches of Korea in it and the smell as we entered the shop was delightful. It made me hungrier than I already am.

 

“Good morning” we were greeted by a young waitress who was probably still a high school student. She was probably working part-time. We said to her that we were only two and she then led us into a table for two, she then gave us menus and went away to let us choose our ramen.

 

We were talking and having fun, just the two of us. I could already tell that I would become quite close with this gal. She was really fun to be with and really sociable and to top it all off she seemed friendly and nice.

 

“Are you prepared to order?” the waitress asked. We nodded and I told her that I wanted a Shoyu Ramen while Jiwoo-ssi said that she wanted a Tokyo Tempura. When our orders arrived, we both ate it in silence. Damn was this ramen good!

Ramen Tempura  

Tokyo Tempura                                                                                                              Shoyu Ramen

“Ah!” I exclaimed in satisfaction, “I’m full”.

 

Jiwoo-ssi giggled as she saw me rub my belly as I wore a big smile. “Me too” she said doing the same as me. We both looked at each other before we burst out in a big laughter.

 

“I think we should head back, though it was fun, duty calls!” I said and she nodded.

 

“Say, when are the interns supposed to come in our Centre?” I ask Jiwoo-ssi.

 

“If I’m right they are supposed to be here in a month or so” She answered.

 

“It will be my first time taking care of interns, I think it will be fun!” I exclaimed. Jiwoo-ssi giggled at what I was saying.

 

“You’re quite the character,” she said while giggling, “I don’t know how you can find it fun, I remember my first time taking care of interns. It was so nerve-wrecking. I didn’t feel ready at all to train future doctors.”

 

I looked at her, she must have stressed a lot. I was about to say something but she cut me off before I could even begin.

 

“I didn’t think that I was ready to teach anyone how to save lives because I felt like I was lacking in so many ways myself. It felt like whatever I was going to teach them would be wrong.” She said “But I guess I got better along the way, now I’m not that afraid to have interns.” She chuckled to loosen up the sad atmosphere.

 

“Wow, I didn’t think it like that. Now that I think of it, I am getting a bit nervous” I said, “but I have to do a great job!” I pumped my hand as a way to cheer myself up.

 

Jiwon-ssi laughed at my antics and we went ahead to get back to the Centre.

“What department are you the head of again?” I said to Jiwon-ssi as we were walking back to the hospital. I remembered that I didn’t actually know in what department she was in.

 

“I’m the co-chief of the internal medicine department.” She said to me. I nodded at her response.

 

“And where it is located in the center?” I asked, I wanted to know more about our facility. It’s always better to know now where everything is located so that in the future I don’t get lost. The Center was actually pretty huge; no wonder it is the biggest hospital in whole Seoul.

“It’s only a floor up, in the same wing as the ER.” She said to me, “Which means that we are only a lift ride away from each other.” She laughed and I joined.

 

“Great! Now I won’t have to worry about eating alone. It’s great to have made a friend on my first day.” I told her and she nodded at me.

 

“If we are friends now, we should drop the honorifics right?” she told me.

 

I nodded, “Of course Jiwon-ah!” I said to her. “When were you born, by the way?”

 

“In 1990” she told me and my eyes widened at that.

 

“We were destined to be friends!” I exclaimed. “I was born in 1990 too!” we both squealed and jumped in joy. At the end we laughed.

 

We decided to enter the Center by the ER because it was convenient for the both of us. When in, we both walked to the reception desk and I was surprised to find Jeon Jungkook there. What is he doing here? I asked myself. Though I got over the surprise of finding him and the boys here I was still not ready to face him just yet.

 

“Jungkook-sunbae!” Jiwon called the taller guy. He turned around at the call and smiled at her then looked over to me and his smile grew bigger if that was even possible.

 

I bowed in respect and listened to the two converse.

 

“How is taking care of the ER?” Jiwon asked.

 

“Busy, I kind of miss the calmness of the IM (Internal Medicine) department.” He said.

 

“How is it not calm for you when you just dump all of the works on me?” She snorted.

 

“Hey! That’s not true!” The boy exclaimed.

 

“Yeah right! Oh! This Dr. Ahn!” She introduced me to Jungkook, little did she know we really didn’t need it. “He’s going to be the new chef of the ER.”

 

“I know don’t worry, we already met this morning.” He said to her but his eyes were trained on me. He had a glint in them that I couldn’t quite pin-point what it meant. “Now that you talk about it, I just remembered something.” A big smile plastered into his face making me wary of what was going to come out of his mouth. “The Director had decided to make me the co-chief of the ER.”

 

Me and Jiwon were both shocked about what he said though I felt like we both had different reasons to be.

 

“But how about your position in the IM?” Jiwon asked.

 

“You’re in charge now Jiwon-ah. And Eunji will still be the co-chef.” Jungkook said.

 

“Why though?” Jiwon asked him. I also had that question in mind.

 

“You know how Dr. Moon had recently retired?” He asked and she nodded, “Well that leaves the ER with no co-chef and because Dr. Ahn here is new to this job, Director Han didn’t find it fit for him to manage the whole department alone and being the only one with a ER background here in the Centre I was the only one fit to become the co-chief.” He explained.

 

“But isn’t it unfair that you are downgraded to being a chef into a co-chef?” I was the one who asked this time. Jungkook chuckled at my question.

 

“Oh no don’t worry. I don’t know how it worked in your old hospital but here the chief and the co-chief are at the same level.” He explained and I nodded. I really didn’t know how I felt about him being my co-chief. Will it be awkward? I asked myself. I’m pretty sure it will.

 

“Now, why don’t we get back to work?” Jungkook said and we both nodded. I said good bye to Jiwon and she went ahead to the IM. “Oh hyungs!” Jungkook exclaimed and waved his hand as to get attention. I looked at where he was waving and saw the three other coming this way. I turned around directly, mainly because I didn’t want to see them and communicate with them. Suddenly the file I saw on the counter looked more interesting than ever.

 

“Hey Jungkook-ah” It was Mingyu who talked. “We were about to take a late lunch, you eaten yet?”

 

From the corner of y eyes I saw Jungkook shaking his head. I also saw him turning my way, having a feeling that I knew what he was about to do.

 

“Hey Angel-ah! You wanna come eat with us?” I looked at him as he asked me that question. I was a little star struck about the fact that he had asked me that but I recovered from that really quickly.

 

“No.” I responded quite coldly to say the least.

 

“Why?” Mark was the one who talked and that surprised me. I guess I am still not used being here with him and the others.

 

“I already ate.” I looked back at the file I was holding. I could feel their eyes on me for a minute. After that they went away. I sighed in relief that they were finally going out.

 

“Chief Ahn!” I was surprised to the sudden call. I looked at the young nurse in front me. She seems a bit angry.

 

“Uhm yeah?” I asked unsure of what her outburst meant.

 

“How could you turn down an invitation to eat of the F4? It’s not everyday they do that. And to top it all of you did it quite rudely! There so many people who would kill to be in your place!” She exclaimed and I looked at her weirdly.

 

“F4? What the-” I was cut off by Nurse Choi scolding the nurse.

 

“Yah Nurse Lim! Get back to work.” The nurse nodded quickly, scared of her superior, bowed at her then me and went back to work.

 

“What the heck was that all about?” I asked Nurse Choi, “F4? Really? Where are we? In a drama or something?”

 

I heard Nurse Choi sigh beside me. I looked at her, waiting for her to give me an explanation about all this F4 thing. “Well might as well tell you everything now.” Again she sighed, “You see those four idiots are quite the celebrities here,” I nodded, “Most of the female population here and some males too see them as gods? I’m not sure if that’s the best word to describe it but anyway they put them in a higher pedestal than the others.”

 

“And why is that?” I asked curious about this unbelievable thing.

 

“Because they are handsome, talented and the best doctors in this Centre. In their respective fields. Not only in those but also in other fields. And all individually have their own reputation. Oh and how could I forget there are rich.” I nodded understanding most of what she was saying, though the whole concept was pretty stupid, “Let’s begin with the youngest of them all.”

 

“Jeon Jungkook, he came into the Centre about two or three years ago and he immediately caught attention because of his looks. But what got his place into the F4 was his talent in multiple medicinal fields. He can do about any surgeries and all. Also people see him as a cold guy and a bad boy. One who only gets into trouble and doesn’t follow the rules. Though in my opinion he is nothing like that, he wouldn’t even hurt a fly.” I laughed at what she said, I believed her with that one.

 

“Next in Kim Mingyu, he’s the social butterfly of the group. He speaks to about anyone in the whole Centre and let me tell you that is a lot. He is always so lively and happy that you can’t help to be like that with him. But rumors say that you don’t want to get him angry. He’s as talented as Jungkook, he is the best cardio surgeon of Korea. He goes through heart transplantations as if it’s a walk in the park. But don’t get him started with his job because after that he just won’t stop talking about it.”

 

“Now we have Nam Joohyuk, the playboy as some people call him. He just can’t help himself but flirt with everything that is, in his vocabulary, hot. He is a bit like Mingyu, that is perhaps why they get along so well, he is also very sociable. I mean he needs to be if he wants to keep his game up. He is a psychiatrist here, the best of them. When it comes to his patients a new side of him appears he is serious and understands his people really well. He was able to cure most of them and that’s impressive.”

 

“And last but definitely not least, we have Mark Tuan. L.A. boy and also called the ‘ice prince’. Besides talking to the three others you don’t see him talking to anybody else unless it’s about work. And when he does talk to someone he always has this monotone voice. He always wears his poker face and rare are the people that has seen him smile a true smile. One that reaches his eyes. His subordinates are scared of him, or so I’ve heard. He’s the chief of the neurology department and is the first surgeon. The best if I do say so myself. He was able to succeed treating the hardest cerebral sickness. He is really the best at what he does.”

 

Nurse Choi took a deep breath and continue, “And that is the F4 for you.” In nodded trying to register all of the information I just got. The more I thought of it, the more I realized how much they have changed in some ways. Though thing did stay the same.

 

“Between us Nurse Choi, that whole F4 thing is pretty stupid.” I told her and we laughed together.


Hey peeps!

First of all, Merry Christmas! Hope y'all had wonderful times with your family or firends whatsoever and that you got all the gifts that you wanted. And I am here to give another one! A new chapter, yehay!

The only thing I want to talk about before leaving you guys is the chang of characters, I felt like Chanyeol wasn't fit to be in this story, don't ask me why it was just a feeling I had, I felt like Kim Mingyu of Seventeen, was more fit to be the character I had in mind. And now that I reread the whole story after all of the changes made I can't help but be happy about the change. Don't get me wrong, I love Chanyeol but he just wasn't fitting in this story. Sorry if you guys wanted to see more of him.

Anyway ! Enjoy reading, subscribe, upvote and comment!

Until nex time, stay awesome peeps!