Surprising First Day!

Crossed Love

 

    I came home exhausted from today. Performing that surgery was quite tiring but I’m happy that it turned out good and the patient should be safe and sound in a few weeks. That I’ll have to monitor. How great though, I was able to get a patient before even officially working.

 

    I was suddenly woken up from my trance when my phone went off. I looked at the caller ID to see that it was my mom who called. “Hey Mom” I said through the phone. “Hey honey! How are you?” She asked and I responded by saying that I was fine. “How was the meeting with your new director? I assume everything went well. I mean knowing you, I know that everything went well. Though I’m quite worried about that running mouth of yours… I hope you didn’t say anything out of the usual. That would be-“ I cut her off from her rambling.

 

    That is my mom right there for you. She just can’t stop talking. Don’t get me wrong I love her and all, I also love her stories and hearing about how everything goes down in the US but sometimes she just loves talking and ends up drifting from the essential topic. 

 

    Oh yeah, I probably omitted the fact that my parents are in the US, that is kinda where I come from, I lived most of my childhood there. But as I entered my years of high school, my dad was deported to South Korea, the second place I call home. When I began my college studies my dad was again deported back to the US but because I wanted to keep on studying in Korea I was left alone here while my parents went back to the US.

 

    “Mom everything went fine. I still have the job, if that’s what you’re worried about”, I heard her sigh from the other side of the line, “Sorry, I rambled too much again” She paused for a second, “Oh and I wasn’t worried at all about you losing your job!”. “You didn’t sound like it though.” I told her. “Anyways, besides all that, how’s life there? I miss you guys” I sighed at the thought, if I am correct it must have been more than a year since I last saw them.

 

    “Aw, we miss you too sweetheart and everything is good here!” She responded. “What about you honey? Have you found anyone yet?” She asked suggestively and I groaned at her question. “Mom you know better than anyone else that I am not in search of anyone right now. Not after…” I didn’t want to finish my sentence because as I thought about what happened before old feelings of pain and hurt came rushing back. Ones that I tried so much to forget and didn't want to rremember. “Oh honey, it has been over a year now since the incident, you shouldn’t let it get to you anymore. It’s time you move on” She said. 

 

    I knew that she was right but it is harder than people think, trust me I had my fair share of moving on and every one of them where not easy to do. “And what do you know, you might find THE one in your new hospital” I just hummed in response signalling her that I was done with this topic. “Well enough of the melodrama! When are you coming back to the US?” She asked changing completely the subject. I was grateful that she took the hint, “I really don’t know mom, I have just begun working at a new site and I’m pretty sure that I’ll be busy for the next few months” I told her, “Bummer! Just let us know if you ever come back! I’ll be going now, the stew I was making is almost done, bye honey! We love you!” I responded that I love them too then I hung up.

 

    That night I slept feeling a bit sad because I miss my parents and other family but also excited to begin a new chapter in my life.

 

***

 

    *Yawn*

 

   “Dude! Had a long night I suppose?” A really tall lad with short black hair asked with a suggestive smirk the other tall guy with silver styled back hair. “Night shift Joohyuk”, the other deadpanned. Joohyuk only rolled his eyes at his friend, “You are no fun, Mingyu” The said guy only shook his head and then yawn again, “Ugh, I’m so tired!”

 

    “So have you heard?” Joohyuk asked the other completely ignoring the other’s complaint. “What?” Mingyu asked back. “There’s a new resident coming in today. Word says that he will take care of the emergency department and that he’s really good at what he does.” Before the brown haired boy could even say anything he was cut off by the other, “Words also says that he’s one handsome son of a gun.” “And how do you know so much about the newbie?” Mingyu asked the slightly taller dude. “Had to use my charms onto the nurses in the ER, but you know I don’t really trust what rumour says, I’d prefer see it with my own eyes” Joohyuk said. “I think you shouldn’t approach him, I mean it’s probably his first day here, we do not want you scaring him off” Joohyuk only nodded at his friend’s answer only realising after what he had said, “Hey! What’s that supposed to mean?!” Mingyu only laughed at his friend.

 

    “Enough talking, the new doctor is probably already here! I really want to see how he looks like!” Joohyuk said as he began walking where the emergency department was. Mingyu trailing behind him as he shook his head at his friend’s antic.

 

***

 

    I had just arrived at the hospital’s parking, I was in my car in search of a place to park. After some more searching I had finally found two free places to park, as I was about to park into one of them when someone unexpectedly got ahead of me and stole my parking place. I was shoved forward as I abruptly stopped my car from moving any further or else i would’ve hit the other's car. I was shocked at first but I was quick to regain my composure. I parked at the place beside the one that was stolen from.

 

    Of course I was quite upset. I mean on top of stealing my parking spot I almost got hurt because of it. I’ll make sure to give the other driver a piece of my mind! Ugh, how I hate those kind of drivers.

 

    As I went out of my car with all my belongings, I spotted the driver. He was rather tall from where I saw him and he also had blond platinum hair.

 

    “Hey you!” I shouted but the guy just kept on walking. By that time I was already more pissed than I should’ve been. This guy was really getting on my nerves. I jogged to him and when I was near I shouted to him again and then he finally turned around.

 

 

    Every feelings of angriness and frustration towards the guy quickly vanished only to be replaced by ones of shock and daze. “Mark?”, his name was the only thing I could utter at that point. I just couldn’t believe my eyes. But by the looks of it he was equally as shocked as I was. I didn’t know what to say, I didn’t know what to do. I was rooted in place, like a statue. He was avout to say something when I cut him off.

 

    “I-I need to go” were the last words I said as I walked ahead of him. I couldn’t stay there anymore, I needed to escape. Why? Because just his face had made feelings I tried to suppress for a long time come back and i didn’t want them to, that’s why I needed to go. I couldn’t deal with all of that right now. I didn’t want to. I wasn’t ready yet.

 

    I rushed through the hospital and into the emergency department and then into my office. Being the chef resident o the ER, I was given an office of my own. I sat on my leather chair in front of my plain oak desk. It’s my first day, it’s only normal that my desk has nothing on it. I sighed deeply and ran a hand through my hair. I couldn’t believe who I had just met. What is he doing here? Don’t tell me he’s a doctor in this hospital too. No, he can't. Why? Ugh. I should stop overthinking it. I need to get to work.

 

    I got up from chair and put on my doctor’s coat. When done, I got out of my office and to the ER’s main desk. There I found Nurse Choi and Nurse Kim doing whatever a nurse is supposed to do. I greeted them and asked “Could one of you guys give me the file of the patient I performed the surgery on yesterday?”

 

    “Sorry Dr. Ahn but we don’t have it now” Nurse Choi told me, “May I asked why?” I asked gently. “Dr. Jeon asked for not too long ago” the nurse answered. I only nodded at that, “Which room is the patient at?” I asked and she answered that he was in the room 051. Thankfully it wasn’t all too far from here. I thanked the nurses and then directed myself to the patient’s room.

 

    It was a good thing that this Dr. Jeon had asked for the file this morning. It’s an opportunity for me to meet him and to finally asks all the questions I wanted to ask yesterday.

 

    When I arrived to the room, I first knocked on the door and I waited for a faint muffled ‘come in’ before actually going in. As I entered I saw this tall guy with a white coat, the same as mine, and he had jet black hair. I couldn’t see his face because he had his back turned to me.

 

    “Hello. Are you Dr. Jeon?”

 

 

    And for the second time today I was frozen in place. I haven’t seen those black eyes in a long time and I couldn’t help myself but to drown myself in them like I used to. From the looks of it he was equally as shocked as I was. I couldn’t help myself but to find that starstruck expression on his face cute. I couldn’t believe my own eyes. In less than an hour I had seen two of my 'exes'. Can this day get any worse?

 

    That voice gave me shivers, “Angel?” he paused, “Is that really you Angel?”. “I, uh, I, uh, hi?” Great now I can’t talk. Ugh why is this happening to me?! “You work here?” He asked raising a brow at my coat, he looked me up and down and I slightly blushed at that. I nodded slowly, not trusting myself with words.

 

    “I’m assuming you are the new ER chef resident?” he asked and I nodded again. He smiled slightly at me before commenting, “Cat got your tongue?”. I yet again blushed and he chuckled at my reaction. I immediately tried to recomposed myself the best that I could, “How is the patient?” I asked internally sighing in relief that that came out as one whole sentence.

 

    “Oh! He’s good, I was just looking at his scans and the surgeon that performed the surgery on him did a really good job.” He said looking back at his files, “It’s a relief that the surgeon was there yesterday, or else this patient wouldn’t have make it.”

 

    “I did it.” I said before I could even catch myself. He looked at me for a minute then he walked towards me. I didn’t know what to do, I couldn’t even move, guess I still didn’t get over the initial shock. “You did a great job” He smiled at me as he ruffled my hair. Like he used to before. At that, my heart suddenly started beating faster.

 

    I was all of a sudden remembering all of the moment I had passed with him, more those where he used to do the exact same thing he just did to me.

 

    “Don’t do that” I said aloud. I felt him freezing at my words, “H-huh?” I didn’t dare to look in his eyes. Too bad the odds weren’t in my favour today because I was yet again looking into those black orbs as he lifted my chin up with his forefinger. I could see an expression of concern in his eyes.

 

    “Stop, Jungkook” I retracted myself from his touch, “Don’t do these kind of things” He looked at me intently, his dark eyes penetrating my soul. “What are you talking about?” he asked but we both knew what I was talking about. He was just trying to play innocent. “We are supposed to be strangers Jungkook.” He frowned at what I had just said. “I don’t want to be just stranger to you” he says. I look up at what he just said, “It doesn’t matter because to me you will be nothing more than a stranger, we had established that the last time we saw each other” I paused, “ And it didn’t seem to be a problem to you at that time”

 

    “But that was before Angel, things has changed since then and now I want us to be friends again. I want us to go back to what we were before.” He says to me but I just scoffed at what he just said. I won’t change my mind, “Whatever Jungkook, I need to go check up on some patients. Good bye.” I walked out of the room and to the reception desk. Once I was in front of the desk I sighed in relief and slight exhaustion.

 

    “Tired already?” Nurse Choi said, I turned to look at her and gave her a small smile. “Kind of, I think I’ve reached my limit of surprises for today” I rubbed my forehead to try and appease the migraine that was buulding in my head.

 

    “Is there any patients I need to tend to? I think I need a distraction” I asked the first part to the woman in front of me and the last past was whispered. “Yes we had a few patients coming in today, nothing too drastic.” I nodded and took one of the files that was scattered on the desk.

 

    Dislocated arm, Jang Jinri, it said. Poor boy is going to hurt from the resocketing of his dislocated arm.

 

    “Are you Jang Jinri?” I asked the high schooler in front me. He was holding onto his hurt arm and looking at it. He looked startled at first at my sudden appearance but he nodded nonetheless. I slowly prepared myself for the resocketing after his answer.

 

***

 

    At the same time, Joohyuk and Mingyu had finally arrived at destination. The emergency department.

 

    They walked to the reception desk to ask where the new doctor was. “He’s not in his office” The young nurse said to them, she was slightly blushing at the appearance of the two good looking guys in front of her. “Do you perhaps know where he is” Joohyuk leaned on the counter and gave the girl his trademark pretty boy smile. The nurse blushed profusely at that and couldn’t construct enough words to say something. She was taken aback, to say the least.

 

    “Oh! Dr. Nam, Dr. Kim what are you guys doing here?” Nurse Choi asked, quite surprised to see them both here. “Jinkyung Noona!” Joohyuk exclaimed at the sight of the head nurse. He smiled boyishly at her but she only looked at him weirdly. “Hey Noona. Huh, well…” Mingyu began “You see, Joohyuk was quite hyped about having a new colleague in the Centre, so he kinda dragged me into seeing the new guy.”

 

    Nurse Choi looked at Joohyuk and who nodded eagerly at what his friend had just said. “Do you perhaps know where he is?” The guy asked. “As far as I know, he’s treating one of the patients who came in not too long ago.” The head nurse told them.

 

    Suddenly the cracking sound of bones was heard and the cry of a boy. Everybody turned their attention to the sounds. “Guess you found him boys” at that Joohyuk ran into the direction of where the sound came from. But he immediately stopped all his action when he saw who was the new doctor.

 

    Mingyu who was following Joohyuk close by, bumped into him when the other abruptly stopped from his run. “Why did you stop all of a sudden?” Mingyu exclaimed as he rubbed his nose.

 

    I was startled by that voice. When I looked at the source of it I was yet again shocked to see two tall guys. Guys, that I knew really well. OH MY GOD! I couldn't believe my eyes again. In front of me stood my two other 'exes'. Fortunately, they were the last one.

 

      

 

    I think that I was too shocked from seeing the both of them here that I passed out.

 

    Because everything went black after that.



 

Soooooooo, hey guys!

I know it's been a while. But here I am now with a new chapter.

To be quite honest with y'all, I kinda got lost in track when writing this chapter. I had all the things figured out but I just didn't know how to put it. So that is one of the reason why I didn't updat for so long. But the biggest reaon was that I was waiting to buy a laptop so i could actually write it.

Little anectode, I never had a laptop before and had to share one with one of my brothers. So I didn't have much time to write a story full time. That is why I don't update my stories more often.

BUT now that I have one, it'll be easier to update. But I don't promise that i'll be updating that often. Mainly because of college and also  because I have to fugure out more of the story. So the writing can go smoothly.

Do not fret guys, I have most of the story in mind but only the end and a bit of the middle. The beginning is still foggy for me. I really don't know how to piece things together. You could say that this story is kind of like a puzzle with missing pieces that needs to be found. I'll try my hardest to make this story as appealing as what you guys look forward to and to complete it, of course!

And also suggestions on how to make the boys and Angel interact is gladly accepted. Maybe like some ideas of scenes where the boys and Angel get closer, individually? (Asking your guys help because I'm not good at imagining good scenes in my head, needless to say I do have some for some of the boys I don't think it is enough tho. SO that is why I accept any suggestions. Also it makes this story more interactive that way ^^)

Thank you guys for sticking to this story even though you guys had to wait so long for an update. I promise to post 'Chapter 3' by the end of this month!

Enough rambling, and hoped you enjoyed reading this chappie!

Subscribers, comments and upvotes are highly recommanded!

Until next time, stay awesome.