Chapter 4

My Love for Him, His Love for Her

After the movie, Minseo suggested to go to the bar and insisted me to go with them, but I politely excused myself and went back to the dorms. I didn't want to have a hangover the morning I was going to see Jimin. When I arrived at the dorm, it was already 12:30am. I took a quick shower and headed to my bed. I tried to clear my mind as much as possible because I didn't want other 'unnecessary' things to distract me while I was with Jimin.

I woke up to the sound of my alarm clock "ugh.. shut uup!" I whined half asleep and put it on snooze. 5mins later, the alarm went off again. annoying! I gave up and got off my bed, my eyes still closed and headed to the bathroom. I did my business and brushed my teeth. The time I got out of the bathroom was already 9:45am. "oh shoot! I'm gonna be late!" I quickly went to my room and put on my dark navy blue oversized tee, which had a huge white cube graphic on the front, with my short jeans. I then ran to the kitchen, took a toast to my mouth and grabbed a banana and headed out. Weirdest breakfast ever! I just didn't want my stomach to growl in front of Jimin. 

I checked the time '10:05', ! I ran towards the park across from the dorms as fast as I possibly could and saw a familiar figure sitting by the fountain. The figure that always made my heart skip a beat. It was Jimin. I took a deep breath, trying to calm myself down a little and walked towards him. 

"early as always" I giggled and he looked up at me and smirked "same to you, late as always" he said as he stood up and ruffled my hair. "I've been late for only what, 10 minutes" I pouted causing him to laugh a bit and pinch my cheek "late is a late!" he chuckled "but I let it slide for the thousandth time" I hit his chest playfully and he laughed harder. "oh come on, don't be mad now" he said while I was still pouting 'pretending' to be mad. He stood in front of me and made one of his silly faces "come on! Jiji should smile! smile~" I let out a little laugh at his silly attempt. He got excited and jumped on the fountain edge and held his arms up while jumping up and down "yaaay!! Jiji smiled! I made her laugh!" he cheered excitedly causing everyone to look at us, but I could care less as I started to laugh harder. As long as I'm with Jimin, nothing else matters. 

We both settled down and started walking side by side "so how have you been? it's been awhile" I asked "I've been alright I guess" he responded and then dropped his head down, looking at the ground while walking. He seemed like he was depressed. I didn't say anything and linked my arm with him instead, trying to cheer him up a bit. He smiled a little, never looking up. We continued walking for a good 30 minutes without saying any word until I spoke up "hungry?" he finally looked up at me, surprised at my sudden question "s-sure, yea" he agreed and we walked to the nearby restaurant. "oh I've heard a lot about this restaurant! It has great brunches here~" I stated excitedly but he just smiled "that's good". I tried to keep up the fun atmosphere, but it was no use. 

We went inside and realized the restaurant was packed with people."Hello! welcome to Deli! how many?" the waitress welcomed us with a huge smile on her face. "two" I responded. "ookay~ follow me please" she lead the way and we followed her behind. The spot was great! It was next to the window and had a great scenery of the park. We sat down and ordered. The food arrived shortly after and I took a bite "mm~ It's delicious!" I hummed "you should really try this Jiminie" I recommended as I pointed to my food with my fork. I continued eating deliciously while humming but then I realized Jimin hasn't eaten anything and he was just playing with his food. 

"...you thought I didn't notice?" I finally asked him, unable to hold back anymore. He suddenly looked up at me "h-huh?" 

 "you thought I wouldn't notice why you've been acting like this?" I confessed, looking down at my plate.

-flashback-

"Cheers"

We all shouted as we clinked our glasses full of beer together. Jimin, Minseo and I gathered with some other of our friends and classmates for the New Year's Eve. It was still 11:30pm, but most of us, including Minseo, were drunk. I was a bit tipsy, but not as much. I could still walk straight. Jimin on the other hand was not drunk at all. Nor he was tipsy, even just for a tiny bit. He wasn't a drinker after all and hated hangovers, But oh boy was Minseo drunk! She couldn't even control her saliva and she was drooling all over.

"Ahm goin to get sum beeear" Minseo wiggled as she stood up and made her way to the bar. She couldn't even walk straight so I decided to go help her out, but as I was about standing up from my seat, Jimin grabbed my arm, sitting me back down "you're drunk yourself, how do u wanna help her?" He smirked. "I'm not drunk!" I protested while trying to keep my eyes open. Alcohol just isn't for me. You could give me a glass and the next minute find me passed out! "Suuure" Jimin frowned one eyebrow at me "but-" as I was about to finish, another guy went to help her. "whatever" I mumbled as I rested my chin on my palm and my elbow on the table. 

"Actually, I-i wanted to ask a favor of you" Jimin whispered but loud enough for me to hear. "Ask a favor? Of me?" I smirked while half asleep "y-yea.." He paused "can you.. Kinda.. Get me and Minseo t-together? I think I kinda like her" that snapped me open. It felt like someone stabbed me right in my heart. I forgot how to breathe for a second and tears started forming in my closed eyes, but still I acted as if I was drunk and dropped my head on my hand, which was still resting on the table. Pretending to be asleep. "Jihye?! Are you okay?" I heard Jimin while he was shaking me, trying to 'wake' me up. "Aish! You really shouldn't drink Jihye. It'll be new years in a couple of minutes and you're already asleep! Wake up!" I didn't bother to even lift my head. I could care less about the new years. 'after all, he likes someone else...' I thought as a single tear trailed down my cheek and then dried on my sleeve. I made sure I was facing down on the table so no one could see my tears. 

11:59. By that time, Minseo was already back and I could hear everyone starting the countdown '10..9..8..' "Jihye wake up! it's about time!" Jimin shook my shoulder one last time, but I didn't bother. '5..4..3..2..1 YAYYYY!' everyone shouted and cheered with excitement. I was counting down with them too, but with my tears. Minseo didn't even notice I was 'sleeping'. She was busy enough drinking and laughing with the others that she didn't even bother asking me if I was OK. By the time, I was sure she wouldn't notice even if I was dead. I tried not to blame this all on her, but it was hard. At that moment at least. As everyone were laughing and cheering, my sleeve got wetter and wetter from my tears. 'I think..this isn't going to be a good year' I thought 'not for me..'

-end of flashback-

I still could feel the warmth of Jimin's arms when he carried me back to the dorms. The smell of his cologne was the sweetest scent ever. A smile started forming on my lips without me noticing.

"Jihye? are you okay?" I shook my thoughts away, trying to adjust to the present. "mhm. I'm fine" I forced a smile, still looking down at my plate. "w-what did you mean by me thinking you wouldn't notice why I've been acting like this?" He asked with confusion. I didn't want to bring up the past or letting him know that I still remember about his confession. That he liked Minseo. He still thinks that I was drunk that night and don't remember anything. He actually never brought it up ever since. I didn't want to either, so I decided to keep quiet about what I wanted to say. 

That he might be jealous of Jungkook. 

"a-aah I mean.." I started "I know you are sad that you couldn't go to the movies with us. I know how hard it was for you to clear your busy schedule, just to be able to hang out with us. And yet we couldn't go and suddenly changed the plans." I managed to make up something to say and let out a sigh. "I'm really sorry about that Jimin, but next time I promise I'll hang out with you no matter what okay?" I crossed my heart causing him to chuckle "It's all okay, don't worry about it" 

somehow he was relieved of my response. He might've guessed what I really wanted to say. I didn't want to remind him of his confession. I was scared. Scared that he might ask the same favor of me. I just can't imagine the person I've dearly loved for all these years getting together with someone else and wanting my help for it. I know I'm being selfish here, but it's not like me to act fake. Like 'as long as he is happy, I'm happy.' no! it hurts! Well yea sure, seeing Jimin happy is the best thing in the world for me, But it hurts to see him happy with someone else! ...I'm sure if he asks me the same favor he did a year ago, I wouldn't be able to deny him. I would still help him, even if it hurt me so bad. I would help him. Because he's..Jimin.

I forced Jimin to eat the rest of his food and then we went for a walk. I suggested to go see a movie but he said he was tired so we decided to head back. He walked me to the girls' dorms and I hugged him tightly before I go inside "take care Jiminie~ see you at school tomorrow" I smiled and tapped his shoulder. "You take care too, see ya" he waved goodbye and we both separated our ways, but I stopped and turned around to watch his back as he walked away. His toned thighs, his broad shoulders, and the way he runs his fingers through his hair..everything about him was beautiful. Attractive and breathtaking. I felt my cheeks grew hot and a little smile fought its way past my lips as I watched him getting farther and farther from me until he disappeared from my sight. I was about to step inside the dormitory until I heard someone calling me

"Jihye-ssi!" I turned around to see Jungkook carrying the passed out Minseo and staring at me with a worried look on his face

"what in the world happened to her??" I ran towards them quickly and helped Jungkook

"I tried to wake her up many times, but it was no use. I think she drank too much last night" Jungkook sighed

"oh thank god!" I sighed out and laughed a little, feeling relieved

"h-huh?!?" Jungkook looked at me, confusion written all over his face. I let out a giggle and said "don't worry, it's completely normal with Minseo. She drinks too much then passes out almost immediately, and good luck on waking her up." It took Jungkook a minute to digest what I said, but he then sighed out, relieved "is that so, I didn't know it was normal for her to be such a heavy drinker" he confessed "well, that's Minseo for you right there" I giggled. Jungkook looked at me for a second and smiled "I should be more careful with her then" he let out a chuckle "oh yea! you definitely should" we both laughed as we carried Minseo to the dorm room. I opened the door and Jungkook carried Minseo to her room, laying her on her bed. I carefully took off her high heels and put a blanket on her before leaving the room and closing the door behind me.

"Tea or coffee?" I asked Jungkook, who was looking around the living room, as I made my way to the kitchen "h-huh? Oh no I'm leaving soon, I don't want to bother you" he smiled nervously, looking anywhere but me. "Oh no, you're not a bother at all!" I smiled and reassured him "I have to thank you for taking care of Minseo and carrying her all the way here" he suddenly looked at me with his adorable and confused eyes "o-oh n-no aha don't need to thank me, it's nothing" he smiled shyly and looked down, rubbing the back of his head "it's not nothing to take care of Minseo! Let me tell ya, I've been through it and trust me, it's not easy! At all!" I let out a laugh causing Jungkook to giggle and nod in agreement. "See!! you're admitting it" I pointed at him only to see him laugh harder. It was really heartwarming seeing him smile. I smiled and watched him as he continued laughing, little giggles escaping my mouth. "Now, coffee or tea?" I asked again and he chuckled "I think I'll have tea then"