Chapter 18 (Last Chapter)

My Love for Him, His Love for Her

"How is it?"

"...It would be better if you drew the eyes a little bit bigger"

"Ugh, Jungkook! You're such a perfectionist! It's like the tenth time I've shown you my drawing and each time you found the smallest mistake to make me redo the whole thing!"

"But my eyes aren't that small! Also, I have pretty defined double eyelids but you drew them as if they're monolids, not cool!"

I threw my head back and sighed in frustration "Jeon Jungkook! You're something else, you know that?"

"Of course I'm something else! Guys my kind are pretty hard to find" He wiggled his eyebrows which followed with a wink. I shook my head in disbelief before burying my face in the palm of my hands while resting my elbows on the wooden table in front of me.

"Fine, you hard to find, special guy! But can we take a break for a bit? We've been working on this stupid art project for like five hours, now. I'm tired as hell!"

"Yeah, it's dark now anyways. Let's continue tomorrow, we need to see what we're drawing" Jungkook let out a small laugh and started packing his stuff.

"I don't feel like packing, though. I'm dead tired. Besides, the weather is great! Why don't we stay up here for a while?"

"We've been up here since two in the afternoon and now it's what," He checked his phone for the time "almost eight!"

"I know," I whined "But we've been only focusing on drawing we didn't get the chance to enjoy the scenery from up here"

"But it's pitch dark now! What kind of scenery you want to enjoy in the darkness?"

"The sky!"

"The sky?"

"Yes!! No scenery can replace the beauty of the night sky!" I said excitedly as I stood up from the uncomfortable, wooden chair and sat on the cold floor instead, patting the spot next to me for Jungkook to sit down as well. I could feel, just by looking at him, how much he wanted to roll his eyes but instead, he walked up to the spot I patted for him and sat down.

"Now, what's so special about this night sky you're talking about?"

"If you want to have a full view of it, you have to lay down!" I said as I grabbed him by his shoulders and laid him down with me.

"What tha-" Jungkook gasped by the sudden action which caused me to burst into giggles "You crazy, wild girl!"

"You have no idea" I wiggled my eyebrows at him, but that only brought us more laughter. The cold, ceramic floor tile against my back, sent little goosebumps throughout my whole body, causing me to shiver a bit.

I've always been so glad that Jungkook has picked this particular rooftop to be our secret place since it's located on one of the tallest buildings on the campus, and unlike the other rooftops, it's a lot more quiet and peaceful. I've always admired the view of the whole campus from up here, but tonight, it's proven that this place can also be a great lookout point as it lets us have a full view of the night sky that was splattered with thousands of stars; some dim, some bright. Some twinkling, some forming constellations. I was able to find the Big Dipper asterism and showed it to Jungkook

"Hey, look!" I connected the stars with my index finger "you see that? That's called the Big Dipper"

"What's that?"

"It's a group of seven stars in the Ursa Major constellation. Ursa Major means the great bear and it really does look like a bear with an exception that it has a tale. Big Dipper is the tale part of it." I explained

"How in the world do you know these stuff?!" Jungkook turned his face to look at me with his wide eyes and amused expression. I turned my head to look at him, his face glowing under the dim light of the crescent moon. I chuckled a bit and turned back to look at the sky again

"I always loved looking at the stars and wonder about the Universe, so I thought I might as well learn about it. I watch a lot of documentaries."

"So that's why"

"Yup, yup"

We enjoyed the peaceful silence as we looked at the sky, connecting the stars and creating new constellations. The light sound of leaves rustling in the breeze, only adding to the soothing atmosphere.

"Did you know that our solar system compared to the milky way is like a single cup to the whole North America?"

"What?" Jungkook asked, clearly not understanding what I was saying

"If you take the entire milky way galaxy to be North America, our solar system would be the size of a cup. That's how small we are compared to the milky way and the milky way is only one of many galaxies in the Universe!" I explained, astonishment evident in my tone

"I tell you what. Why don't you major in astronomy?" Jungkook suggested

"Me? Never thought about it actually"

"Yea, you're showing so much interest in this subject. To be honest, this is my first time seeing you this excited while explaining something" Jungkook said, stating the fact

"Yea, you're probably right. If I like it so much, why haven't I even thought about majoring in it?"

"Because you're a pabo who always needs someone to tell her what to do! What would you do without me, Jihye-ssi?"

"This guy, seriously! Yah! Who are you calling pabo?!" I slapped his chest

"Who else is here?" He said to my face, then poked my sides, causing me to shriek. Loving the reaction he was getting from me, he continued poking my sides in which I responded with squealing

"Yah, Jeon Jungkook! Stop it at this very moment or I'll-Ahh!" I got cut off by another poke, this time on my upper body side

"Or you'll what? What are you gonna do, Jihye?" Jungkook said between his giggles and my screams. His continuous act of poking, barely left me anytime to breathe, let alone answering him.

The once quiet, peaceful and relaxing rooftop was then filled with sounds of our screams and laughters.

-

-

-

The dark, gray clouds are hanging low in the sky. They seemed to be draining the happiness out from my day and those walking through the streets; storing it in its fluffy reserves. By the looks of it, I can assume that it'll rain soon.

4:30 p.m.

People are rushing out from their workplaces as they've served the last hour of their duty and now hurrying to get a drink and call it a day. The distant sound of cars honking that is followed by angry drivers shouting and swearing at each other to be more careful fills my ears.

It's an angry, gloomy day.

As I enter the place I've been visiting for the past two years, the smell of freshly-mown grass welcomes me. Row upon row of once white, now dirty, gray headstones stand at attention; waiting for a friend, who never comes, to pay them a visit. Withered bouquet of flowers, abandoned on each grave, proving the fact that this place is indeed forgotten by the society. I walk my way past each gravestone towards where my hero was placed at.

"Hey, Jungkook" I gently placed the bouquet of white flowers on the freshly watered, damp grass in front of his gravestone

"How are you today?...How is it up there?...Are you having fun?...Is heaven cloudy today, too? Cause down here is really cloudy and gloomy. I don't like it...

It's been two years since you've gone, Jungkook. I miss you... I miss you so much, Jungkook. We all do...

Do you remember that night we watched the stars together and you told me that I should major in astronomy? Well, tomorrow is our graduation and I'm getting my bachelor in Astronomy. You were right, I really like astronomy. I'm still not sure how you managed to get to know me better than myself in only six months. You seriously were a genius! I don't remember a thing that you were bad at. How did you manage to be that perfect? Haha...

Oh and another thing, Jimin and Minseo are getting married in two months. Crazy, right? They actually started to develop feelings for each other. I'm happy for them... Minseo really wanted you to be on her wedding... she really misses you... But fortunately, she has Jimin's shoulders to cry on whenever she remembers you...

In the end, it's us both that were destined to be left alone... funny, right?

Jungkook, I... I'm... lonely... I miss your arms around me. I miss your smell, your smile, your lips. I miss seeing your face when I wake up in the morning, I miss the feeling of my hand being held in yours, miss us talking through the night. I miss your voice, your laugh, your teasing. I miss every part of you, Jungkook. I miss your presence, something that always reminded me of home, but I lost that when you left. I've never felt so homeless, alone and insecure before. I don't know how much of this I can take anymore. Every morning I wake up thinking about you, go through my day thinking about you, go to sleep thinking about you... You've filled my mind, my heart and my soul. You gave me your heart, but what you didn't realize was that you took a piece of my soul with you when you left. Jungkook, it's getting too much for me to handle... help me! Please help me..." That was when I realized my knees were getting doused with the mud from the wet grass, I could care less. Regardless of the situation or my surroundings, I let the tears I tried so hard to hold back in the past two years to fall mindlessly. I wept, I sobbed. But no matter how hard I cried, my tears wouldn't bring Jungkook back to me. No matter how loud my pleading was, it would never bring Jungkook back to my arms.

"Jungkook, help me get through this... please... I'm begging you... I need you"

-

-

-

6:45 p.m.

I finally managed to bring myself together and calm myself down from crying for almost two hours. With wet, red, puffy eyes, I made my way outside the cemetery. The sun was gradually setting, letting the darkness of the night to slowly take over the sky. I decided to go back to the dorms. Halfway through, I was stopped by a well-dressed, young man.

"Ah, excuse me, could you please help me with this address?" The man politely asked. I blankly took the piece of paper from him, realizing the note was the address to our college

"Yes, I'm actually going this way, too. You can follow me"

"Ah~ great! Thank you so much!" The man started walking next to me "are you a student at this University?"

"Yes, I am" I replied, not having enough energy to show any enthusiasm in my responses

"Nice! I've heard a lot of good things about this University. Is it really that good?"

"It's alright, can't complain" I looked over at him, seeing him amazed by his surroundings. He clearly was a foreigner. He looked older than me, but not by much. I'd say maybe two years?

He looked really confused so I decided to hold a conversation with him to break the ice

"So, are you a new transferee?"

"Me? Ah no, no! I actually came here for one of my friends. He's graduating tomorrow, so I decided to surprise him."

"Oh, that's pretty nice of you! He must be a lucky guy to have such a caring friend like you" I smiled tiredly

"Thank you!" He said, rubbing the back of his neck, shyly.

"Where are you coming from?" I asked

"America"

"Wow! You came all the way from America?"

"Yes! He's a very good friend of mine. He has always been there for me, so I thought I would repay him a little bit"

"That's really nice. You guys are friendship goals!" I snickered and he copied

"Oh shoot!" He suddenly stopped his tracks

"What's wrong?"

"I forgot to bring his dorm room number, I'm such an idiot!"

"Oh, no worries. I have a friend in the guys dormitory who pretty much knows everyone on this campus" I pulled out my phone from my pocket, about to call Jimin "He might know your friend and even his room number"

"Oh my god, really?! Thank you so much! I swear I will repay you someday!"

"No worries, just give me his name so I can ask my friend about him"

"Ah yes sure! Jeon Jungkook, is his name"

I froze. My fingers suddenly stopped dialing Jimin's phone number.

How can this be?

My phone slipped from my hand and hit the floor hard, but I was frozen at my spot. I couldn't move an inch

"Be careful!" The man quickly ran towards me, picking up my phone, dusting it and checking if it still works, then hands it back to me "Is everything alright? Are you okay?" He looked worried. My hands started shaking, I looked up at him, but my vision was blurry from what I assume to be my tears. I tried to make a noise, anything, but no sound came out

How does he know Jungkook?

"H-...How do you know J-Jungkook?" I finally managed to voice my thoughts. The man, who was now holding me by my arms and looking into my eyes with concern, was taken aback from my question, but answered anyways

"We used to be best friends back in America, but when he came to here to visit, he suddenly decided to stay." My brain couldn't make up any words to say in response, instead, I just nodded.

"Do you happen to know Jungkook?"

"I-...I do"

"That's great! Do you think you can help me find him?" The man's eyes sparkled with excitement

"I'm k-kinda really tired right now... I have to go" not wanting to show that stanger my tears, I suddenly turned around and started speed walking towards the dorms, but the man was soon to catch up

"H-hey, I'm sorry! I didn't mean to scare you off or anything like that I-"

"It's not your fault" I cut him short "I'm just having a really tiring day, that's all" I explained, not having any intentions to decrease my speed.

"Oh, I'm sorry to hear that! Let me at least, return the favor and walk you home?" He suggested. Well, more like he insisted after I turned his favor down.

We walked the silent walkways to the dormitory. No other word exchanged between us, which I was most glad about. I looked up at the night sky, filled with stars, just like that night. I breathed in the crispy night air, helping my mind to refresh and let go of the memories for now. I needed a break...

We reached the dormitory and I turned around to thank the stranger who was overly nice to me

"Thank you for your kindness, I really appreciate it"

"Not at all! I should be the one thanking you, and um..." I looked at him, waiting for him to continue "may I have your name?"

"I'm Kim Jihye, nice to meet you..." I held out my hand for a handshake, waiting for him to also introduce himself

"And I'm Kim Taehyung, nice to meet you, Kim Jihye-ssi"

--------------------

! I M P O R T A N T !

Hey guys,

I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I’m planning to end this book here and write a new (sequel) book, which is about Taehyung and Jihye’s relationship (+Jimin and Minseo). It would be a new book that is in continuation to this book, but it’s separate. Now, I have two ideas as to how/what to write for this new book, but you have to help me decide which one:

  1. This option would add a new genre (Thriller/mystery) to the story, where Taehyung has personality issues (I won’t say what cause I don’t want to spoil it to you guys). This would take us to a whole new journey and lead the story to a different path.

  2. This option will continue the angst, where Taehyung and Jihye won’t be able to continue their relationship due to family issues. This isn’t any different from the previous atmosphere that lead the story.

In both of these cases, Jimin and Minseo are still present in the story so Jimin lovers, don’t you worry ;)

Again, if you want me to continue this story, please remember to vote which option you want the story to continue as.

As always, thanks for reading <3

-HoneyDast-