Chapter 12

My Love for Him, His Love for Her

Guess what?!

Today's my birthday...yay! I actually get more excited for others' birthdays than my own but, oh well. It's just I don't feel any different...not older, not younger. I don't even feel like I'm getting more mature by age 'cos this is experience that makes us mature. You know what I mean? I don't know... I've always been the deep kinda person so don't mind me ^^;

Anyways.. If you wonder how my life went in the past week well I gotta tell ya it was great but weird at the same time!

Remember about our art project? yea, well... it's due in two days and I'm still working on it! It's all because whenever I showed it to Jungkook he would find an error or something that I had to fix or add...ugh! he's such a perfectionist! I wonder how his own drawing will turn out 'cos he didn't even get the chance to draw me since he made me draw the whole time! Spending every afternoon on the rooftop -or our 'secret' place- drawing and talking made us grow a lot closer to each other, so this was the great part of my week. As of for the weird part...Minseo has been acting really strange lately. She's all nice and talkative and normal when we are around others but once we are alone, she doesn't talk to me at all. Like she doesn't even look at me as if I don't exist. I tried many times to clear things up between us but the problem is, she doesn't listen at all and once we are at the dorm, she would lock herself up in her room. I really don't know what's up with her. She never acted like that before. I just decided to give her some space and not to bother her with my questions anymore. People need some time alone with themselves at some point of their lives, right?

Tired and hungry, I dragged myself to the cafeteria after my boring English class was over. Man, I hate that class! I ordered a hamburger with french fries then tried to look around for an empty table to settle down. After wandering around for a few minutes, I finally spotted some guys leaving their table. sighing in relief, I went over to the abandoned table and gosh it was messy! I doubt that they even ate their food on their plates! It seemed like they fed the table instead of themselves 'guys..' I muttered then began to clean the table before settling my own stuff on it.

It was unusually quiet today. I didn't have anybody to talk to or hang out with since Jungkook didn't come to school today and Jimin's class ends in like an hour. I pulled out my phone from my pocket and started texting Jungkook:

"Ayo, what up? didn't see u this morning :( u sick?"

It didn't take long for him to reply back

"Ay~ I actually had something come up so yea.."

"was that 'something' so important that u decided to leave me all alone by myself??"

"ahaha"

"what do u mean 'ahaha'?? I'm serious!"

"lol yes, that "something" was really important ;)"

"eww don't wink at me"

" ;)"

"gross"

" ;) ;) ;)"

"STOOOOP"

I realized I was laughing all the while I was texting him. Five minutes has passed and he still hasn't replied back yet so I locked my phone and started eating the rest of my meal. No, but seriously, cafeteria's food ! real hard! But oh well, I was starving...a hungry person can eat ANY-thing! After a few more minutes I felt my phone vibrating in my pocket so I fished it out to see another text message from Jungkook

" ;)"

'aish, this guy! seriously' I thought as I let out a small giggle

"anyways what was that important "something"?"

"uhm..."

"..."

"you'll see ;)"

"u wink at me one more time and I'll officially request the apple company to remove the ';' and ')' keys from their phones! and besides... what does that "something" have to do with me? O.o"

"I said you'll see ; ..."

"DONT"

" ; ... )"

"that looks...ugly"

"ikr? I just realized it xD"

"lmao u just created a new emoji"

"why don't u officially request the apple company to add this emoji to their other ones? ;-}"

"suuuuuureee"

I was still texting Jungkook when I felt a pair of hands covering my eyes, blocking my vision. Out of instinct, I dropped my phone on the table and brought my hands up to feel the hands. They were extremely soft and kind of chubby...

"cut it, Chim" I snickered as I slapped his hands away playfully. He let out a chuckle and bent down to whisper in my ear from behind

"hey there, birthday girl" he breathed which sent shivers down my spine. I blushed and tried to avoid any eye contact as much as possible. He then came in front of me, revealing a birthday cake with many candles on top, in his hands and he began singing with his angelic voice

"happy birthday to you~

happy birthday to you~..."

His voice then got mixed with a girl's. I looked around and saw Minseo slowly clapping her hands to the rhythm and making her way towards me with a huge smile on her face. She stood next to Jimin in front of me and they both continued:

"happy birthday dear Jihye~

happy birthday to you~"

Minseo then began cheering and clapping her hands loudly while Jimin put the cake down on the table in front of me. Tears welled up in my eyes, making my vision go blurry. I was surprised! like really! Smiling from ear to ear, I blinked away the tears and looked up at the two

"thank you guys! I don't know what to say...I'm speechless, really!"

"don't say anything, just make a wish and blow the candles!" Jimin laughed, melting my heart with his crescent eyes. I smiled and closed my eyes, thinking of a wish before blowing out the candles. They both cheered and gave me a tight hug from either side of me, squishing my cheeks with their own.

Jimin brought me a knife and I cut the cake into pieces, giving them each a slice. We began eating and talking happily, taking sips of the coffee Minseo made 'especially' for me. I was really happy! I felt so blessed to have such friends by my side, however, there was one person missing. How I really wanted Jungkook to be with us right now... 'Jungkook, you pabo' I said in my mind, pouting mentally.

Before I know it, it was already 2 pm!

"oh, shoot!! I gotta go, guys! thank you for everything! I was really surprised! love you both so much" I said as I quickly stood up and gave them each another tight hug before dashing out to my next class...art class. When I reached there, I was already 5 minutes late. I sped walked to my seat at the back and noticed the empty seat next to me. Jeez, it seems like I've really grown attached to him... I sighed and continued listening to the boring lecture.

I was about to fall asleep when I felt vibrations in my pocket. I fished out my phone and saw a text message from Jungkook

"come to the rooftop when you're done ;)"

a smile made its way to my lips as the thought of seeing him for the first time today made me excited!

As soon as the professor dismissed the class, I packed my stuff and ran out of the door and to the rooftop. When I reached there, I saw no one so I called out

"Kookie?"

"happy birthday to you~

happy birthday to you~

happy birthday dear Jihye~

happy birthday toooooo yooooooou~~"

I turned around and saw him holding a cute little cupcake in his hands with a single candle on top. It was the cutest thing I've ever seen!

"Kookie..."

"now hurry up! make a wish and blow out the candle!" he snickered. Wow, luck must've been really with me today! making wishes two times in a row...sweeeet! I closed my eyes, making my second wish before blowing out the candle. He cut the cupcake in half, giving me a half while munching on the other. We sat down at the chairs he set up before, eating in silence. It wasn't an awkward silence, though... It was rather comforting and peaceful. Nothing was awkward between us anymore. We were like real siblings, or I better say twins 'cos we were really alike!

"okay now close your eyes" Jungkook's sudden words snapped me back from my thoughts

"why?"

"it's time for your present! you should close your eyes though or I won't give it to you" he smirked. I gave him a suspicious look but closed my eyes anyways. I heard him opening the zipper of his backpack and pulling something out from it.

"okay, ready?"

"yes!!"

"open your eyes" I slowly opened my eyes to see what he was holding. I gasped. With wide eyes, I got up and made my way towards him. He had a painting in his hands...a painting of me. It was unbelievable! for a moment I thought I was looking in the mirror. I could see every little detail: every strand of my hair, eyelashes and eyebrows were visible. Every lip line, skin and eye details... I could see them all. It was absolutely stunning!

"d-did you draw this?"

"yup!"

"b-but h-how..I mean...I don't remember having a picture like that and you didn't get the chance to draw me-"

"I don't need any pictures...I can draw you even without looking at you" he cut me off, smiling "do you like it?" he asked

"like is an understatement I LOVE IT!!!" I squealed and threw my hands around his torso, bringing him in a tight hug while resting my face on his chest. He returned the hug just as tightly and rested his chin on top of my head

"Jungkook you're amazing! I never knew you could draw so well" I said into the hug

"now you know" He giggled "I'm good at everything!"

"as of for the next present..." he slowly broke the hug and put the painting on the table

"wait..there's more?" I asked, stunned. My eyes widened which he replied with a giggle

"yea there is! but this time, you have to promise to not open your eyes at all, okay?"

"then how am I going to see it?"

"you don't need to see it"

"but-"

"just close your eyes already!"

"jeesh, fine!" I closed my eyes. It was beginning to get dark and cold. The cold breeze made me shiver a little, but I suddenly felt a warmth on my both cheeks as if someone was cupping them in their warm hands. I wanted to open my eyes at the sudden touch but then remembered my promise to not open my eyes. I felt warm breaths mixing with my own before something soft pressed against my lips. I shot open my eyes only to see Jungkook's face right in front of me...his head tilted to the side and eyes closed. I blinked a few times as to wake up myself from this dream...I wanted to convince myself that when I open my eyes, I would see the ceiling of my room and am under my warm covers but, that didn't happen. 'This is real!' I told myself. Jungkook was kissing me...I wanted to push him away, but I was too shocked to move.

After what it felt like hours, he finally pulled away and looked deeply in my wide eyes.

"I hope that this gave you the hint" he smiled sweetly while tucking the strands of hair that was covering my face behind my ear.

There I stood. Completely shocked and having absolutely no idea what just happened. 'What the hell did just happen?!?!' I slapped myself mentally.

-

As I was walking back to the dormitory, I couldn't help it but to think about what happened earlier. I still couldn't believe that Jungkook kissed me. Why? Does he not know that Minseo likes him? Why me of all people? My mind was filled with all kinds of questions that I didn't realize I've already reached my destination. I was about to step inside the hall when someone whistled behind me, catching my attention. I turned back and saw Jimin standing at the gate, a smirk on his lips.

"you were so lost in your thoughts, were you thinking about me?" he winked

"you wish" I scoffed and approached him "what are you doing at the girl's dormitory this late? naughty boy" I narrowed my eyes at him and pinched his nose playfully

"you mustn't have thought that I would actually celebrate your birthday without a present!" his eyes widened as a playful smile stretched across his face.

"you've done enough for me already, Jimin. There's no need for a present, really" I smiled

"shush and turn around" he instructed me, but he turned me around instead. I saw a silver chain placed around my neck

"lift up your hair" he demanded and I did as I was told. He fastened the back and turned me around to face him then pulled out his own chain that was already around his neck. It was a couple yin yang necklace. He gave me the white piece while keeping the black piece to himself. He then brought the two pieces together and connected them

"there! now it's complete!" he commented with a smile. "how do you like it?"

"Jimin I..." I stopped mid-sentence as I felt a single tear rolling down my cheek. He lifted my chin up to face him then wiped my tear with his thumb

"I'm glad you liked it" he said then gently kissed my forehead "now, you need to go get some rest. I'll see you tomorrow" he guided me to the main entrance and waved me goodbye.

"oh and by the way!" he stopped his tracks and turned around "don't ever take that necklace off! I won't either" He winked and continued walking away. My hands found their way to the cool silver chain around my neck and bringing it up to my face. I analyzed the pendant, it was made out of white pearl stone and had a little diamond on the bottom. It was simply beautiful. I smiled as I traced the pendant with my fingers

"I will never take this off, Jiminie"

--------------------

Author's Note:

Hey there everyone~ been a while hasn't it? sorry for the wait I was really busy with college BUT...

Jungkook kissed Jihye omggg the feels >_<

I was really excited for this update! I hope you guys also found it exciting ^^ 

Who do you ship Jihye with?  what do you think will happen next?? lemme know ;p

Thanks for reading <3

-HoneyDast-