An Encounter

I Think I Am Falling for My First Love’s Best Friend


This is dedicated to all of the people who are reading this. Thanks for reading, this is my first fanfic and I hope it's good. By the way, I try to base this all on pure facts like the fact that HyunJoong really did run away from home when his father broke his guitar. 

And to all the people that have commented, Thank You, Thank You Very Much! Please continue commenting so I can know how I am doing. And so I can update faster. :)


 

[(HyunJoong’s point of view)]

I woke up late again. Thankfully, I had no schedule for today. There was no autograph signing, concert, nothing. I smiled to myself as I stretched my arms. I decided I would hang out with one of my closest friends who was also in a musical group. He had just returned from The United States, Chicago, I think? I slid open my phone and pressed speed dial number one. It rang about four times until Jaejoong Hyung finally answered.

“Ye-Yeobosayo?”

“Jaejoong hyung, it’s me HyunJoong.”

“Oh, weniriya?”

“Hey do you have time to hang out with me today?”

“Yeah I think so. But just me right? The rest of the group has to go to a press conference for a CF. The manager said I could take a break for today since I just came back.”

“Alright then Jaejoong. Just knock on the door when you’re here. Anyeong.”


I threw my phone on the bed and went to the kitchen. My mind couldn’t help but remember when I went to visit HyeYoung. I had gone to her house with a bouquet of roses in my hand to find no one at all—not even her mother. The principal from the school had even checked her files. The only thing I knew of her was her departure from Seoul. She left a week after her graduation. What frustrated me the most was that if I had returned sooner, I might have been able to see her. All I had from her now was memories.


[(Nobody’s point of view)]


Jaejoong knocked on HyunJoong’s door. His feet tapped to the rhythm of one of his newly released songs, Colors. He was wearing black-framed glasses and a dark blue beanie which complemented his striped blue long-sleeved shirt.

HyunJoong opened the door and let his friend in. Jaejoong told HyunJoong of his trip: the singing sessions, the dancing practices, and the fear of crazy fans. HyunJoong laughed, “Jaejoong, you are the one that always makes mistakes up on stage. And yet your fans still swoon over you.”

Jaejoong sighed. “Aratha. I know. I feel bad for my fellow members. It’s always me that makes the mistakes when they work so hard. I just can’t seem to understand how they can get the dances so easily.”

HyunJoong punched Jaejoong’s shoulder lightly. “But, you can sing.”

Jaejoong’s stomach growled. “Do you have any food?”

“Nothing at all. Not even ramen.”

“Don’t you get hungry?!”

“Usually, I just order food.”

“You’re such a lazy person.”

“But cool.” HyunJoong smirked.

“Hey how’s your chicken restaurant? What’s it called again…JagSal Chicken?”

“It’s all right. New employee. A girl. She has the same name as someone I used to know…”

“The girl from high school?”

“How do you know?”

“Babo. You told me.”

“Oh yeahhh! I remember now. Try my food there! It’s the best. Nobody really goes unless I do, you know how fans are. But be careful.”

“Don’t you want to come with me?”

“Nope.” HyunJoong laid his head back on the couch as he shut his eyes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Jaejoong almost got lost. Thankfully, he had taken a map with him. He parked his car in the corner and went inside the restaurant. He had his shades covering his eyes, just for in case. He didn’t want to take the chance of being recognized.

HyeYoung was all alone in the kitchen. Her coworkers had decided to take a ‘break’. A break that had already lasted forty minutes. She sighed as she plopped her head on the counter. All she needed was a customer and she would be officially screwed.

Jaejoong saw no one. No customers. Not even an employee in sight. He was starving and didn’t feel like looking for another place to eat. “Anyone here? Hellooo??”

HyeYoung lifted her head and smacked herself. Her words had come true. Why had she even thought that in the first place? She fixed her hair back and told herself she could do it. It was just serving a customer, right? Her shoulders straightened as she walked over to the customer.


“Anyeonghaseyo, I’m HyeYoung. How may I help you?” After bowing, she looked at the man in front of her. He slid his shades up to his head and cleared his throat. She remembered those dark eyes from somewhere.