No, Not A Surprise, More Like A Nightmare.

I Think I Am Falling for My First Love’s Best Friend

[A/N]: Yesterday I messed up and marked my chapter as invisible on accident so some people missed the update. Sorry about that. So if you didn't read the chapter from yesterday, 6/02, then just to let you know, its there--chapter 16. I deleted one of the early chapters which was an authors note and had certain...pictures lol. Well hope you enjoy this chapter ^^


 

Jaejoong could tell that HyeYoung wasn't in a good mood. She wasn't mad or anything and he knew that for a fact, but he couldn't help but feel like he was still bothering. Though she had her lips stretched out to a grin, he could tell it was a fake one. Jaejoong couldn't do anything for her and that made him feel even worse. Besides, he thought, she already had someone by her side. He cleared his throat to get her attention. HyeYoung's eyes darted to his, capturing them in a soft gaze. He smiled, "You seem to be busy, I'll leave now."

"Mian...you know I'm not mad at you right?"

"Yes, I know. It's okay.”

“Yah, Jaejoong!”

He turned, confused to hear her say his name.

“Anyeong~!” She smiled as she stuck out two of her fingers to form a peace sign beside her face. He chuckled and waved back. This girl never failed to surprise him, over and over again.


--------------


HyunJoong walked down the street with a smile. He recognized the big house in the middle and begun walking a little faster. Once at her door, he grinned and knocked on the door. After a few minutes, the door slowly opened and he saw a small head poke out. His face fell when he saw the expression on her face, he knew that pained expression already. “HyeYoung-ah kwenchana? Wegure? What’s wrong?”

Her eyes widened at seeing him. “Why are you here?”

“Aish, answer my question first.”

HyeYoung still stood there at the door, confused and not sure of what to do. She was about to answer or at least say anything, but HyunJoong pushed her inside lightly, following right behind her.

“Yah HyunJoong!”

He hummed a tune and smiled at her, “Thanks for inviting me in.”

“Now when did I say that?”

He sighed and pulled a chair for her to sit in the living room. Once she sat, he went off to the kitchen, and searched through the cabinets for her favorite mug and poured hot water in it. He then poured the packet to make green tea in the water, watching it turn a light green. With a spoon, he mixed it together and let it cool for a few minutes.


Meanwhile, HyeYoung was curious so as to what HyunJoong was doing. She chuckled to herself as she remembered how HyunJoong had just walked in. He never let her say no to him. If she felt bad, he’d know instantly and he’d find out.


HyunJoong held out the mug in front of him, letting it dangle right in front of HyeYoung’s face. “Want some?”

Her eyes twinkled and a smile spread across her face, “Why yes, I do.”

Chuckling, HyunJoong handed it to her and pulled up another chair, one for him to sit in beside her. HyeYoung sipped up the warm liquid, letting it warm . He looked at her curiously and asked, “Now tell me, what happened?”

“What do you mean?”

“Aish, think I’m a pabo? I saw your face and you most definitely were not happy.”

Sighing, HyeYoung looked at him and then away. “It was about Umma. I—I had a nightmare. Maybe it really was my fault. I abandoned her when I went to the US.”

“When did she die?”

“A few months before I actually returned.”

“It’s not your fault. Your mom, she understood, I am sure she did. It isn’t like you wanted to leave her anyway. Why did you go to the US?”

She gulped, unsure of how to answer him. She realized that the truth would be the best. “To forget you…”

HyunJoong’s eyes widened and he was surprised to hear her words. For him? HyeYoung rubbed his shoulder with her hand and smiled, “Don’t think it’s your fault either. It just happened.”


--------------


Jaejoong sighed as he chopped the onion into small little chucks, gathering all the necessary ingredients for the special dish he was going to make for the boys today. He was always the Umma of the group: taking care of the boys, making them food, and calling them 24/7 to make sure they were okay. And also taking random pictures of them for memories. He almost laughed at the last thought.

Yoochun was in the living room, lying down on his back with his arms covering his face, letting out soft snores. Yunho was flipping through channels, not sure of what to watch. It was all a bunch of random cooking shows or infomercials and neither of them interested him. Xiah kept whining to Yunho, “Come on Yun, put the soccer game on! I want to see the game!!”

Yunho sighed and shook his head, “Anniyo. Besides, you love any soccer game. Even if it were Mexico against Bolivia or something like that.”

Xiah rolled his eyes, feeling insulted. "Yah, that's not--wait, maybe it is...But still!"

Yoochun woke up and opened his eyes with a groan. “What time is it?”

Xiah and Yunho stopped bickering for a second, “Waeyo?”

“Star King is on tonight and I want to watch it.”


---------


HyunJoong and HyeYoung were laughing, teasing each other and remembering the good ol’ times. “Yah, I was not spaced out the first day I met you!”

He raised an eyebrow, “Then how come when I nudged your shoulder you didn’t say anything? Or…where you amazed by my handsomeness?”

“Yah!” HyeYoung tossed her hair back and slapped his shoulder.


HyunJoong heard his phone ring all of a sudden and took it out to answer, “Yeobosayo?”

“HyunJoong!”

HyunJoong was surprised to hear his manager’s voice. “Ah ye, how are you?”

“Are you busy today?”

“Anniyo, wae?” He looked over at HyeYoung and saw her gaze intently at him, most likely wondering what the call was about.

“Star King wants you to appear as a surprise guest today.”

“As in, right now?

“Is that okay?”

“Yeah sure. I’ll go on my way right now.” He shut the phone, gently tapping it against his chin. Why did Star King want him to appear as a guest? A surprise guest especially…


“Who was the call from?” HyeYoung asked him.

“Work. They want me to go and appear on a show tonight.”

“Chincha? What show?”

“Star King. It’s weird how they’re notifying me this late. Usually I’m told at the least a week in advance. How odd…Have you ever seen the show?”

“Um, honestly? No.”

He sighed as he shook his head. Standing up, he then told her, “Put on SBS at 8 o’ clock and wait to see me come on. Cheer for me when you’re watching~!”

HyeYoung observed him leave and heard the door shut behind him. What a strange man HyunJoong could be sometimes. 


---------


HyunJoong smiled as he was seated and looked around to see who else had come to the show. Lee SeungGi was there to his left, UEE from Afterschool was also there, and then one smiling face caught his attention, making his mouth drop open. It was Yuri from So Nyeo Shi Dae and she appeared to be coming towards him.

Yuri smirked as she walked, letting her hips rock from side to side, thinking she looked attractive this way. When she had seen HyunJoong’s mouth fall, she had felt so triumphant. She thought he was just amazed from her beauty. Well, that’s how all the guys were anyway. Well, not when she had been with Jaejoong, he was different. “HyunJoong oppa, what a surprise!”

He shuddered, thinking, ‘No, not a surprise, more like a nightmare.’ Of course, he didn’t say that though. Being the polite man he was, he just nodded his head and looked away.

Yuri frowned when she saw his cold greeting. Anger boiled inside of her, but she'd get him back somehow. Oh yes she would.


----------


HyeYoung served herself a bowl of vanilla ice cream and smiled. Oh, how she loved ice cream. After having picked out four scoops of it, HyeYoung then stored the bucket of it back in the freezer. She grabbed her bowl and stuck a spoon in , walking to the living room. Plopping herself down on the couch, she grabbed the remote from the coffee table and the television. It was already 8:20 pm, she had forgotten about it before. HyunJoong didn’t have to know that she’d missed some of it already.


----------


“Yuri-shi, any love interests out there? Many fans are really curious and claim they’re tired of seeing you be alone.” Kang HoDong inquired, holding his cards as he looked at her.

Yuri giggled, trying to be her cute self, and covered with her small, delicate hand. “I’m always asked this. However…”

She looked at HyunJoong, curving her lips to a small smile. He looked back at her confused at first, but then suddenly realizing she was practically threatening him. He stood up, ready to deny everything, but Yuri let words spill from anyways.

 


 

Another update~! Please comment ^^ I'll update tomorrow again maybe :D