Chapter Fourteen

Dance Princess

Donghae fixes his tie outside of the courtroom. "Do I look okay Eunhyuk?"

"You look perfect honey." Eunhyuk smiles and kisses Donghae's cheek "We'll win this easily."

"But she said..."

"It doesn't matter what she said. When the judge sees how much Hyerim loves you, they wouldn't dare take her away from you."

"Okay..." Donghae sighs quietly and steps into the courtroom. Eunhyuk follows after him and sits in the back of the courtroom.  The judge comes in and sits down, before listening to her side of the case. She weeps and sobs about how she was never even given the opportunity to see her poor daughter Hyeri, to which Donghae corrects her quickly. She then whines that she didn't even know her name because she never even got to see her. Donghae rolls his eyes because he can't listen to this utter bull anymore.

"Mr. Lee?" The judge says, snapping Donghae out of his daydreams "Are you ready to present your case?"

"Yes sir." Donghae says and stands up "You can't take my daughter away from. I've been with her every single second of every day since her birth. I was the only one there for her for 10 years... I was the only one there to see her loose her first tooth, I was there to take her to her first day of school. All without Bora."

"Her name is Bora?" Eunhyuk asks himself and shrugs

"Mr. Lee, you say you were alone, what do you mean?"

"My girlfriend at the time..."

"Were you married, like Ms. Choi said?"

"No, not even engaged."

"Alright continue please."

"Thank you."

"My girlfriend at the time got pregnant. We fooled around one night and she thought about getting rid of the baby while she was at about six months. She never wanted our daughter. Never took care of her after she was born. I had to get a job to take care of our daughter and sometimes I would come home and Hyerim would be bawling for hours, to the point that she would lose her voice. I came home one day after work, and I heard Hyerim screaming. I rushed over to her and took care of her, before I yelled for Bora. I didn't hear anything back, and I checked around the house. Then I found a note."

"Do you have the note?"

"What? No... this was 10 years ago. But I remember it exactly."

"Could you please repeat it then."

"She wrote "F**k this baby, I never want it in my life again. You ruined everything with this thing. Keep it."." Donghae croaks "She has no reason to come back now and say she was never given the chance to she her "precious wittle" daughter when she hated my daughter since even before she was born!"

"Is this true Ms. Choi?"

"Of course not!"

"You're a lying b*tch!" Donghae screams in frustration, breaking out into tears

"Should I give you five minutes to organize yourself Mr. Lee?" The judge asks

"N-No... I'll be fine." Donghae wipes away his tears "Am I allowed to bring someone in?"

"This is a custody case, not a murder case."

"So...?"

"Fine, bring whoever it is in." The judge says, and Hyerim comes up to say something

"So you're Hyerim, Mr. Lee's daughter?"

"Yes."

"Have you ever met Ms. Choi before?"

"No."

"Did you know your mother at all?"

"No. I didn't bother because appa said it hurt him to talk about it. I didn't want to cause him more pain."

"I see..."

"I wanna stay with my appa. He takes really good care of me, and he really loves me. So does my other appa."

"Other appa?"

"I'm currently dating." Donghae remarks "He's my partner."

"Alright."

"They take better care of me than most of my friends parents take care of my friends. They always help me, and I really love them too. Please, I just want to stay with my appa..." Hyerim sniffles

"Alright, please give me five minutes to look over everything and then we'll reconvene." The judge says and dismisses everyone. Hyerim runs to hug Donghae, and Donghae quickly lifts her up in his arms

"No matter what, I'll always love you Hyerim, okay?" Donghae whispers into her ear

"Yes appa..." Hyerim says, wiping her tears

"I'll come and visit you sometimes, you'lll still be able to see appa at the dance studio..." Donghae says, kissing her head

"I know..."

"I love you Hyerim." Donghae says and hugs her tight

"I love you too appa." Hyerim says, hugging back just as tight

"Alright everyone I've made my decision." The judge says and sits back in his seat "Based solely on the evidence presented in this case, I say that Mr. Lee continues to keep his sole custody of his daughter."

Donghae starts to cry tears of joy and runs to hug Hyerim "Sweetie..."

"Appa!" Hyerim says and hugs him tightly

Eunhyuk smiles softly, happy for the both of them. Donghae pulls Eunhyuk into the hug and kisses him. "How about we go home and celebrate?" Eunhyuk suggests

"Okay." Hyerim and Donghae say together, smiling as wide as their faces can