Issue no. 11

The Monarch Times

Partner in Crime (Junmyeon-hyung)
What are you doing this spring break, Dae?

Me (Jongdae)
Nothing that I know of…
Why?

Partner in Crime (Junmyeon-hyung)
Good, keep your schedule clear! I’m inviting you and all the boys to my parent’s summer home for the week! :D

Me (Jongdae)
What? For real? :O

Partner in Crime (Junmyeon-hyung)
Yes! Let Yixing and Sehun know, okay? ^^

After much begging, Junmyeon had convinced his parents to let him and his club members hang out for the week in their summer home during the break. Chanyeol and Baekhyun seemed to be exceptionally excited for this little adventure and were pumped when the expensive looking car rolled up to take them to the house. Jongdae was equally as excited, fingers wrapped around Yixing’s as they sat next to each other in the car.

The summer home was beautiful. And huge. It was anything, but a summer home in Jongdae’s eyes. He knew that Junmyeon was rich and that they all were, but this was enormous for just a place to stay during the summer. There was a swimming pool, a breathtaking view of the coastline, large glass windows, fancy chandeliers and a fair sized entertainment room in the basement where they set up camp for the first night. After sleeping on the stiff floor in sleeping bags, they all thought it would be best to spend the next night in rooms.

The week passed with much excitement and, in everyone’s opinion, much too quickly. The nights spent by the campfire telling scary stories, the days spent at the beach, the mornings spent sleeping in and the rainy afternoons spent watching movies came to an end on their last night together. They gathered in the basement and sat in a circle on the floor, joking around when Baekhyun finally suggested they play a game.

“What? Like monopoly?” Junmyeon asked with a broad smile on his face.

“No, hyung, you’re too good at that game.” Baekhyun waved his hand at the idea.

“Scrabble?” Sehun suggested and Baekhyun almost choked he was laughing so hard.

“We could play video games,” Minseok offered, but they quickly realized that there were too many of them for that.

“Well, what do you suggest then, Baek?” Yixing asked getting annoyed.

“How about a good old fashioned game of,” he smiled evilly, “Truth or dare?”

There were conclusive nods from all the boys in the room.

“Could be a nice way to get to know each other a little better,” Junmyeon hummed, “Okay, why not?”

“Great! I’ll go first!” Baekhyun yelled, situating himself between Sehun and Chanyeol, “Okay, Sehunnie, truth or dare?”

Sehun looked up from his phone, “Um -  I’ve never played this before…”

“What? Really?” Baekhyun giggled.

“Truth is a safe bet for your first - “ Junmyeon started, but Baekhyun quickly hushed him.

“Pick dare, Sehunnie!”

“Um… Dare?” Sehun smiled unknowingly and the wicked smirk that spread across Baekhyun’s face seemed to go right over his head.

“I dare you to kiss your favourite hyung!” Baekhyun mused.

“W-What?” Sehun’s face flushed, “But - “

“You picked dare!” Baekhyun sing-songed, “You have to go through with it!”

“Oh,” Sehun looked around the room shyly, “My favourite hyung?” his cheeks reddened, “Okay… Only if everyone closes their eyes!”

“Whatever you want, Sehunnie!” Baekhyun wiggled in excitement and shut his eyes, urging everyone else to do the same. And he waited in anticipation for the kiss…

“S-Sehun!” Chanyeol gasped and Baekhyun blinked his eyes open in disbelief at the scene. Sehun kneeled behind Chanyeol, hands braced on his shoulders and a small kiss pressed to his cheek.

“You’re my favourite, hyung.” Sehun whispered becoming bashful.

“Sehunnie!” Baekhyun pouted, “I thought I was your favourite!”

Sehun blushed, “No, Baekie, Chanyeolie-hyung is my favourite.” he said this shuffling to sit next to Chanyeol.

“Not fair!” Baekhyun whined, “I’m the greatest!”

“Chanyeol is being awfully quiet,” Minseok snickered, “Is Sehun your favourite dongsaeng?”

Chanyeol’s face flushed, “He’s the only one here younger than me, isn’t he my favourite by default?” he mumbled.

Sehun’s face fell, “I guess that’s true…”

Yixing cleared his throat, “I’ll go next.” he patted Sehun’s leg, “Junmyeon-hyung, truth or dare?”

Junmyeon snorted, “Truth.”

“Alright, why do you keep splitting Jongdae and I up?” he frowned, sending an accusing glare at the older.

“W-What?! I do not!” Junmyeon floundered, “Tell them I don’t, Minseok!”

Minseok shrugged, “You done it a few times now, hyung.”

“What? Only twice!” Junmyeon gasped, “It was only twice! And the first time was for a very good reason!”

Sehun snorted, “Yeah,”

“Sorry,” Junmyeon heaved, “I don’t mean to!”

Jongdae chuckled, “Hyung, calm down. You too, Yixing. It was only twice,” he reached out and grabbed Yixing’s hand.

Yixing huffed, “I think Junmyeon’s jealous that he doesn’t have someone to openly fawn over.”

Junmyeon looked surprised, “What do you mean?”

“You’re not in a relationship with anyone,” Yixing stated, but then curiously pointed a finger at him, “Unless you’re hiding something…”

“Hiding? What would I be hiding? I - “ he looked at Minseok, but before he could speak any further, Jongdae spoke up.

“Me next!” he chuckled, “Baek,”

“Uh oh,” Baekhyun breathed.

Jongdae snickered, “Truth or dare?”

“Truth?”

“Who is the freshman you have a crush on?”

“What!” Chanyeol gaped, “You have a crush on someone?”

Baekhyun’s face turned bright red, “N-No,” he glowered at Jongdae, “Traitor. You said you wouldn’t tell anyone!”

“For the record, I haven’t told anyone about your crush!” Jongdae laughed, “I just asked about it.”

“Why do you know and I don’t?” Chanyeol frowned and left a punch on Baekhyun’s shoulder, “Why didn’t you tell me? I’m like your brother!”

“That’s exactly why, Yeol.” Baekhyun groaned.

“I don’t know who it is, all I know is that he’s a freshman!” Jongdae piped up, “I saw him texting him one day! The contact name was ‘dongsaengie ♡’ and he covered it up as because he was embarrassed by it.”

Sehun giggled, “It’s not me, is it?”

Baekhyun rolled his eyes and scoffed, “If it were you, after being told I wasn’t your favourite hyung, it wouldn’t be now. I’m not answering this, I change my mind. Dare.”

“You can’t do that!” Minseok shouted, “That’s not fair to the rest of us!”

“Yeah, Baek, that’s not how you play.” Jongdae pouted.

Sehun grinned, “I have an idea!” he leaned over Yixing and whispered into Jongdae’s ear.

“Oh!” Jongdae laughed and grinned wickedly at Baekhyun, “Fine. Change it to dare then. But, I dare you to call the person you have a crush on AND put him on speakerphone.”

“What!” Baekhyun shrieked, “No!”

Junmyeon laughed so hard he had to clutch his sides, “Baekhyun, just do it. We’ll be quiet!” he wheezed between gasping for breaths of air.

“I hate all of you,” Baekhyun sobbed as he pulled out his cellphone. He opened up his contact list and hastily pressed ‘dongsaengie ♡’ while Minseok watched over his shoulder to make sure he was doing it properly.

“Put it on speaker!” Chanyeol shouted and Baekhyun reluctantly removed the phone from his face and hit the speaker button, holding the phone in his hand in front of his face.

It rang three times before finally the person on the other end answered.

“Hello, hyung.” the voice was raspy.

And, oh boy, did Jongdae recognize that thick accent. Yixing must’ve too, because his eyes sparkled with amusement when he heard the voice.

“How are you, Zitao?” Baekhyun asked shyly.

Chanyeol gasped and Sehun had to clamp his hands over his mouth quickly. Baekhyun closed his eyes tight in embarrassment.

“Fine,” Zitao breathed, “Why are you calling so late?” he yawned.

“Oh crap,” Baekhyun yelled looking at the time.

“Hyung, not so loud…”

“I didn’t realize how late it was, Tao! I’m so sorry!”

There was a muffled chuckle, “That’s okay, hyung, you know I’ll always answer the phone for you.”

Baekhyun entire face flamed red from his neck to the tops of his ears and Chanyeol had to bite his hand to keep from howling.

“I - I know, Tao. I’ll let you go back to sleep now, okay?” Baekhyun said hurriedly.

“Okay, hyung, goodnight hyung,” everyone could almost hear the cheeky grin behind the words, “Dream of me, won’t you?” the voice snickered and Chanyeol lost it, actually excusing himself from the room to laugh obnoxiously in the hallway.

“G-Goodnight!” Baekhyun stuttered and ended the call, Zitao’s boisterous laughter echoing through the phone until he hung up.

“Is it over?” Chanyeol asked coming back in, huffing for air and wiping at real tears, “Is it safe?”

Sehun giggled, “Yes, Yeolie, it’s safe.”

“Good,” he huffed, “I can’t believe it, you and Huang Zitao, huh?”

“No!” Baekhyun muttered, “I just… I like my dongsaeng - he’s so cute and sweet. Like a peach.”

“You’re making it worse,” Minseok laughed, “Just stop talking.”

Jongdae chuckled, “That was better than what I was expecting.” Yixing snorted with laughter.

“Well,” Chanyeol said after calming down and finding a new spot in the circle (away from Sehun), “I’ll take my turn now then. Minseok!”

“Hm?” Minseok responded, no longer smiling his gummy smile, but instead frowning at the giant scooting next to him.

“Truth or dare?” Chanyeol’s grin seemed to make Minseok feel uneasy, but he managed to sputter out ‘dare’ before looking away.

“Dare?” Chanyeol hummed, “I dare you to,” he said slowly and then smirked, “Kiss Junmyeon.” he wriggled his eyebrows for added effect.

Minseok shrugged, even though his face was changing colour. He slipped next to Junmyeon and quickly placed a kiss on his cheek. The younger laughed awkwardly and rubbed his cheek after Minseok sat back and looked at Baekhyun.

“No, no,” Chanyeol sighed, “Like a real kiss.” he winked overdramatically and laughed at the look on both Minseok’s and Junmyeon’s faces.

“U-Um,” Junmyeon began not so suavely, “Okay, we’ll just - “

“Just kiss me, Jun.” Minseok grumbled and cupped the younger’s face, pulling him closer.

“Oh,” Junmyeon blushed and let their lips fit together.

Baekhyun and Chanyeol whooped and hollered like children finally getting their hyungs to kiss, but the sounds died down as they realized Minseok and Junmyeon were still kissing. Junmyeon’s arms s around Minseok’s neck, his eyes fluttering as the elder wrapped an arm around his waist and pulled him closer. The room grew uncomfortably silent, well, aside from the sounds of the soft kisses and heavy breathing from the two oldest.

Baekhyun cleared his throat, face redder than Junmyeon’s and Minseok’s combined, “GUYS.”

The pair jumped and pushed away from each other quickly.

“What the Hell was that?!” Chanyeol exclaimed.

“The way you guys - and you were - but are you two…?” Baekhyun was flabbergasted and couldn’t form a proper sentence even if he tried.

Minseok laughed quietly and let his hand find Junmyeon’s, “We’re… We’re actually dating.”

Jongdae gasped, “What? Hyung, since when?”

“November, maybe?” Junmyeon whispered, shyly looking at Minseok from the corner of his eye.

“After pepero day,” Minseok smiled as he remembered the way Junmyeon had stuttered when they played the pepero game, “He was really worked up after we - “

HYUNG,” Junmyeon whined, “Please don’t.”

Minseok snickered, “You’re so cute when you’re embarrassed.”

“But,” Yixing frowned, “Why did you hide it?”

Junmyeon straightened himself out and cleared his throat, “We didn’t try to hide it. We just, didn’t announce it. That doesn’t matter. Let’s just keep playing the game. Who’s next?”

“You, hyung.” Jongdae laughed, “You’re next.”

“Oh,” Junmyeon coughed, “Okay, well.” he narrowed his eyes at Chanyeol, “You then.”

Chanyeol gulped, “Um, truth?”

“Tell us all about that bet you lost with Sehun.” Junmyeon smirked at the expression contorting on Chanyeol’s face.

“But hyung -”

“No, none of that. Spill it,” Junmyeon demanded and Minseok whispered something like, ‘you’re scary sometimes,’ and that didn’t help Chanyeol feel better at all.

“Come on, Yeolie-hyung,” Sehun smiled, “It’s not even that bad. So what if - “

“Shut it,” Chanyeol sighed, “I’ll tell it.” he grumbled, “Sehun and I were covering the swim team’s meet last month, right? So, we showed up and we had just finished speaking with Coach Shim and were going to try to interview the captain of the team, Lee Sungyeol when Sehun noticed that he was staring at us and winked.” Chanyeol took a deep breath, “Sehun thought that he was winking at him, but I thought for sure that he was winking at me. So, we made a bet.”

“Oh,” Baekhyun giggled, “I like where this story is going. Continue.”

Chanyeol groaned, “I bet that Sungyeol had been watching me while Sehun bet that he had been watching him. Game set. I took the initiative to walk over and strike up a conversation with him…”

“Park Chanyeol, right?” Sungyeol smiled and stretched a hand out to him, “You’re here to do the newspaper interview?”

“Yes,” Chanyeol cleared his throat, “But, first, my colleague seemed to notice that you were staring at us… Well, me, and - “

Sungyeol laughed loudly as that had been the most absurd thing he’d ever heard, “You? I wasn’t staring at you, Chanyeol dongsaeng,” he looked past the taller and winked again at Sehun who giggled and blushed in response.

Chanyeol coughed, “Right, well, actually, we might have to reschedule this for another time, because it’s already like - um - late. So, good luck in your meet and I will talk to you later, maybe. Okay, bye.” Smooth, Park Chanyeol, SMOOTH.

“How did it go?” Sehun smiled.

Chanyeol ignored him and walked right past, “What kind of bubble tea do you like?” he mumbled as they left the pool. Sehun chuckled ‘chocolate’ in response.

“Oh my gosh, Park Chanyeol!” Baekhyun roared, “You didn’t!”

Minseok laughed, “Turned down by the swim team’s captain for our little Sehunnie!”

Jongdae had, at his point, stopped breathing altogether in favour of laughing at Chanyeol, “Yeol, you - and Sungyeol -” was all he managed to croak out.

“Alright, alright,” Chanyeol frowned, “Just because one person thinks that Sehun is more attractive than me, does not mean it’s true.”

Sehun looked up, batting his eyelashes, “It doesn’t? Don’t you think I’m attractive too, hyung?”

“Quit it.” Chanyeol mumbled.

“That’s not a no,” Junmyeon noted and Chanyeol smacked his back to shut him up.

“Me next,” Sehun smiled, “Jongdae-hyung, truth or dare?”

“Hm, truth.” Jongdae said thoughtfully.

“What was your first impression of your boyfriend?” Sehun hummed dreamily, “I bet it was something really sweet -”

“I thought he was a two-faced jerk,” Jongdae said in earnest, “As attractive as a model, but a total jackass.”

“What?” Yixing was floored, jaw hanging open.

Jongdae smiled warmly and used his index finger to close Yixing’s mouth, “But, then I got to know you. We may have started on bad terms, but I’m glad. I’m glad I met you, Zhang Yixing.” he whispered the last part and pressed a chaste kiss on his boyfriend’s lips. Yixing blushed and closed his eyes, kissing back shyly as a soft noise escaped the back of his throat.

“Yuck,” Baekhyun made a weird face, “You guys are gross.”

“Don’t be jealous of our happiness,” Jongdae stuck his tongue out at Baekhyun as he pulled away from Yixing, “I’m sure Zitao would be more than willing to fill the empty void in your heart.”

The room burst into laughter before Minseok stretched out, “I guess I’m last. Yixing, truth or dare?”

Yixing thought for a moment and then yawned, he realized he was too tired for any ridiculous dares, “Truth.” he said determinedly.

“Hm - yeah, okay. I’ve got it! Last year,” Minseok began, “And well into the beginning of this year, there was something curious about one of the names in your contact list. And, I noticed that at the end of October some time, it changed.”

Yixing gulped, he wasn’t sure he liked where this was going, “Yeah, so? I change the smiley faces next to all my contact names every now and then depending on my mood. What’s the question, hyung?” Jongdae didn’t like where this was going either.

“I’m just wondering why it is that you had a heart next to Junmyeon’s name for almost two consecutive years.” Minseok grinned, he seemed to like stirring up trouble, “And I’d like to know what made you change it.”

“There was a heart next to my name in your contact list?” Junmyeon raised an eyebrow, “But, Yixing, why?”

“I,” Yixing coughed and fidgeted with his fingers, “I… I was in love with you.” he said rushed and his entirely face burned bright red.

“What?” Junmyeon gasped, “You were in love with me?”

“You couldn’t have not noticed that, hyung.” Baekhyun rolled his eyes, “Yixing would do anything and everything for you.”

Chanyeol nodded, “Everyone knew he had feelings for you, except for you, I guess.”

Minseok bit into his bottom lip, “I’m sorry, Yixing, I didn’t realize you were in love with him… I thought you had a crush yes, but -”

“No need to apologize,” Yixing said abruptly, standing up and looking down at his shoes, “It’s not like I ever had a chance anyway.” he smiled sadly at Junmyeon, “Right, hyung?”

Junmyeon stood up and reached out for Yixing, but the younger turned away from him, “I think I’m going to step out for some fresh air.” he said quickly before rushing out of the basement. They could hear the slam of the side door to the house resounding in the tense silence of the room.

✐✐✐

Jongdae couldn’t sleep. He couldn’t stop thinking about Yixing’s words. It broke his heart a little more as he thought about it…

“It’s not like I ever had a chance anyway. Right, hyung?”

He wanted to vomit. And it didn’t help that Yixing hadn’t been seen or heard from since he stormed out of the house. He wouldn’t answer his phone, but managed to send a text message to Sehun saying that he was fine and that he would be back well before daybreak. It was nearing 4am and Jongdae was starting to get angsty and worried for his friend’s - um, boyfriend’s safety.

There was a knock on the door to Jongdae’s room and he turned to see it cracking open a bit.

“Jongdae-ah,” Yixing whispered, “Jongdae, are you awake?”

“No,” he sniffled, “Go away.”

Yixing didn’t go away. Instead, he closed and locked the door to the room before slipping into the bed next to Jongdae. He wrapped his arms around his waist and pulled him close so that the smaller’s back was flush against his chest. He tucked Jongdae’s head under his chin and hummed, pleased with the feeling.

“You know I love you,” he whispered, “Only you.”

Jongdae felt the tears threatening to fall from his eyes, “Y-Yes, hyung.” he croaked, “I love you too.”

Yixing rolled Jongdae over to face him and kissed him sweetly on the nose, “I don’t want anyone else, just you.”

Jongdae’s breath hitched as Yixing began leaving open-mouth kisses all over his neck and the bit of his chest exposed by the baggy shirt he wore, “Y-Yixing…”

“Just you. Only you.” Yixing whispered hotly into Jongdae’s ear, “My Jongdae.”

Jongdae’s face flushed, “H-Hyung, I’m -”

Yixing silenced him with a deep kiss, “I locked the door,” he breathed, “Did you want to -”

“Yes,” Jongdae moaned, “Yes, Yixing. Please.”

Jongdae flopped against yixing’s chest in a sweaty, sticky mess, “Yixing, I-”

“Was I your first?” Yixing asked, running fingers through the younger’s hair, “Because you were mine.”

Jongdae nodded and snuggled into Yixing, “Yeah, hyung, you were my first... I’m tired.” he yawned sleepily and wrapped his arms around the elder’s neck, “Don’t let go of me ever, okay?”

Yixing grinned against Jongdae’s forehead, “Wouldn’t dream of it,” he whispered.

“I love you.”

“I love you too.”


IDK what happened at the end there... Ahem, anyway, I didn't get to edit this, because I've already got homework? And that's what happens when you get to university, boys and girls, so I never had any time ;;; I'm sorry, maybe once the entire fic is done and over, I'll get the time to go back and edit, /sigh/... I hope this update was to your liking even though all they did was play truth or dare tbh lol xoxo thanks for reading! ^-^

edit: I forgot to say a BIG thank you to those who left suggestions for this chapter! You guys are amazing <3 If it weren't for you, this fic would've ended a long time ago ;;; So here it is, a shout out to:
nightingalesatnight for the angsty SuLay suggestion
parvitasari for the XiuHo & ChanBaekHun suggestions
Kkaebsooong for the XiuHo kiss dare & the XingDae separation truth suggestions you're the best unnie!!
Liyueru for the ChanHun kiss & the jealous!Baek suggestion I will always take your comments to heart since this fic is for you ^^
kakashilover for the sad!Dae and XingDae love suggestions
Thank you for helping me write the chapter ^-^ ! xoxo