Chapter 4

Love Potion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter IV

 

Evening came unnoticed as Kyungsoo tries to focus on working with his homework but failed for he continues to think of this certain tan student named Jongin. He shakes his head to get rid of all the thoughts and holds his pen tightly and tries to do his homework again. For half an hour he’s still in the same page on the book, words that he’s been reading for a couple of minutes now just pass his eyes but never reached his understanding and his notebook is still blank from answers. Kyungsoo gets up and takes a deep breath. Jongin, look what you are doing to me? I can’t even do my homework. He looks outside of his window and sigh. 

 

How am I going to confess my feeling to him? Should I even do that? Why do I feel so much attracted to him? ‘Cuz he’s so perfect, that is! but he’s straight so the possibility of becoming us is zero… totally zero. 

 

Kyungsoo lies on his bed not minding going back to his homework because he can do that in the morning anyway. He pulls his blanket over his body up onto his nose and closes his eyes. He wanted to know how he can turn a straight guy into gay, can he even do that? It’s the first time he gets to feel this way and he’s afraid of rejection. Why does he have to like someone who is not into man? Now all he can do is watch him from afar or if he ever has a chance to talk to him, he must act natural just to make sure to not look so obvious with his feelings.

The petite boy curls his body up on his bed. He collects a handful of his blanket more close to his face and inhales the scent of detergent mixed with a faint of his own from it. He finds it a little comforting and made his heart calm down a bit. He loves what he feels for the younger and more thoughts of Jongin bring him to sleep.

 

***

 

In the morning he wakes up, Kyungsoo thinks about how he would act naturally when he sees Jongin again in their shared class and what his friends will do to help him. He takes a deep breath and slowly releases it out. He blinks his sleepiness away and sits up. He starts to work on the forgotten homework and prepared himself to school.

 

Students are still outside their first period classrooms as they still have free time before the bell rings. On his way to the stairs, his eyes unintentionally looks to the side, and there he saw Jongin leaning his back on the wall of his classroom. The other guy whom Kyungsoo remembers to be Sehun is beside the tan boy.

 

Kyungsoo stands still in his place as his mind drift somewhere else. Half of his body is hiding behind the wall beside the stairs. His eyes are tracing every part of Jongin’s face. He is memorizing every lines and curves as possible as he can. He wished he had kept his camera in his bag so whenever he sees the younger he is ready. Kyungsoo’s face is turning red in every second he stares. When he realizes what he’s doing, he suddenly covers his face with his hands.

 

----

 

From the other side, the guy notices a small boy hiding a little behind a wall not far from them; with his hands covering his face. He can tell who that boy is even if his face is hiding. The small boy slowly brings his hands down to take a peek and the guy finds it amusing because the smaller boy’s cheeks are tainted with pink but then suddenly turns into a deep color of red while looking at their direction. That hyung really acts funny. Does he like someone from out of us? He thinks that the smaller, though in a higher year than him, is a little adorable for a guy in his age. A sudden pull made his feet walk slowly towards the older but stopped when the bell rings. 

 

----

 

Kyungsoo’s mind went blank. He doesn’t know what to do; they always talk a little on their shared class anyway, okay just a little with a stutter included; but even so, why does he feel so shy right now? Should he wave at him and act cool? Or should he run away and embarrass himself? He slowly peeked at the younger and felt his face getting warmer and warmer when he noticed the other is looking at his direction.

Kyungsoo, whose face still red averts his eyes away and hear his heart beating so loudly again. He can’t act cool damn it! He looks back at Jongin, as the younger stands straight from leaning on the wall. His vision of the tan male was suddenly been blocked by no other than, Oh Sehun who seems to be also looking too at him at the moment.

 

----

 

Jongin is about to make a step when Sehun suddenly blocked his way; the other’s back is facing him, walking on the same direction he was about to go but then the bell rings and both of them stopped from their tracks making them to head forcefully inside their classroom instead.

 

----

 

Kyungsoo was a bit disappointed not only with the bell but also with Jongin. He sure did noticed him, he didn’t even get to say hi or smile at him before the other went inside -Don’t be ridiculous Kyungsoo, your not that special to him. With a heavy heart, he breathes out some air to calm himself and makes his way to his own classroom.

 

 

***

 

Students from Kyungsoo’s and Baekhyun’s classroom cheered as a teacher from another class came to announce that their adviser is on a leave for that day. She knocks the book slightly on the table to get all the students’ attention again. Their teacher made sure that they will still have something to do even though she’s on leave; she left them something to research into. This made Kyungsoo and his diva of a friend decided to do their research in the library.

 

They choose to sit in the very far end of the library. They were settling down when they heard a soft sound of crying from the other side of the bookshelves. Kyungsoo decided to sit down and ignore it but Baekhyun, on the other hand, walks on the bookshelves and leans his ears on the space to eavesdrop on the other side. The smaller shakes his head disapprovingly at the other’s behavior and pulls him back to his seat opposite of him.

 

“I can’t believe he already have a girlfriend!” Baekhyun and Kyungsoo startled with a sudden cry from a girl who seems to be the one crying on the other side.

 

“I thought we already have something between us!” The girl continues.

 

“What makes you think he feel the same way with you?” another girl asks.

 

“I told him that I like him.”

 

“Really? What did he say?”

 

“He said nothing. He just smiled at me and he didn’t even push me away whenever I’m with him, so assumed that we are a thing already but –” another sniff is breaking the silence of the library before she continues. “I accidentally heard yesterday from Sehun while they were walking out of the school that Kai already have someone and she’s his one and only and vice versa. I heard her name is Megan.” A tone of anger left after the name was mentioned and a loud cry is back again.

 

Kyungsoo now feels even worse. The girl from the other side is  probably Nica, he guessed. She’s the only one who always surrounds the younger every day. He already feel bad whenever he sees Jongin with Nica but he still believes that they will not last forever. Now another girl was mentioned to be his - not only his girlfriend - his “one and only”, meaning she might be someone he will eventually marry someday since they are still in high school. He slowly feels numb and unaware that tears are slowly falling down his cheeks, now he believes that he really doesn’t have a chance to the younger male. 

 

Research is now all forgotten, Baekhyun moves his chair beside the smaller’s and hugs him in a comforting way; hushing him every now and then.

 

***

 

Baekhyun throws him a note while their lesson rolls. Kyungsoo looks at him with his eyes still a little puffy from crying earlier, but the other points at the paper he just threw making one of Kyungsoo’s eyebrow raised. The other is smiling at him warmly and gesturing him to open the small paper. Maybe he only just wants to cheer me up. With that in mind he opens the note curious of what it is, he just hope it’s not something about supernatural that leads him to principal’s offices again. Both the diva and the giant caused him most of the trouble he got into. Once before their freshman year ends they both were sent to the Principal’s Office because of some note from Baekhyun that said ‘Just picture coming home and finding the Dark Mark hovering over your house, and knowing what you’re about to find inside. . . .’ to quote Mr. Weasley from Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. Baekhyun meant about the assignment that they received were too many that will kill them just by opening it while they are at home. The teacher had a feeling that there is something behind the message against him so he reported and brought them to the Principal’s Office. He doesn’t want that to happen again.

 

Kyungsoo hides the note under his desk to avoid being caught and read its content.

 

Kyungie,

I know that your still feeling down right now and I’m not supposed to say anything but I can’t wait to tell you even if Jongdae will kill me later from telling you this right now. WE WILL HAVE A SLEEP OVER AT YOUR HOUSE TONIGHT! YEAH! ^3^

So cheer up!!

 

Kyungsoo’s eyebrows were pulled down in a frown as he read the message again and grunts. No! He loves his friends and he knows that their just trying to cheer him up but he doesn’t want them coming in his house, Why? Because again, another reason for his trouble. From what happen last time? They almost burn his house! They kept on demanding for food and saying that ‘you should cook for us, we are hungry’, ‘come on Kyungie, the food you cook is heaven so we want you to cook for us ’ but he didn’t comply and that resulted for Baekhyun to volunteer. He and Chanyeol declared that they know how to cook anyway and their cooking is not that bad. It turns out that they don’t know anything else besides from frying, but the worst is – since then he learned not let the two alone when cooking – they forgot to turn the stove off before they fried their tongues in each other’s heated mouth. Smoke from the burning pan covered the whole kitchen as he entered. The two had just noticed the smoke when he shouted “FIRE!”. He almost lost his home because of them.

 

Now they wanted to sleep over again. I will NEVER…EVER…Let that happen. Over my dead body! NEVER!

 

***

 

Ding! Dong!~

 

“Urgh! I hate my life.” Kyungsoo hangs his head back in the sofa as the doorbell keeps on ringing. He stands up and makes a bee line to the door. 

 

He heard Jongdae calling for his name. He bangs his head on the door before opening it. No matter what happens his friends can still make him say yes.

 

“KYUNGIE!”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter