Chapter 2

Love Potion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter II

 

Kyungsoo is still looking outside of his classroom window dreamily with his chin seated on roof of his right hand. The way Jongin’s chocolate eyes looked straight at his earlier today has him gushing. He wants to see it again, and feel his warm body against him. He wants to talk and get to know Jongin more. A small smile creeps onto Kyungsoo's face; he sighs dreamily.

A piece of crumpled paper is thrown towards the lad's head, snapping Kyungsoo from his day dream. He turns in his seat to find the culprit, but realizes that it came from his teacher, who threw it yet again for the second time.

Mr. Lee looked at him disapprovingly. He bows his head deeply and hurriedly that it made his glasses fall off, and land on the table; he hears the whole class mildly laugh. Kyungsoo picks up his specs and puts them back on, trying to hide his slight blush. When he glances up, he catches his friend, Baekhyun, mouthing something at him that he can’t understand. Kyungsoo brushes it off and disregards all of them while returning his attention back to the teacher, who resumes their lesson.

 

 

After second period, Baekhyun lounges his body on Kyungsoo’s table. “So… what’s up with you?” He asks the smaller, intrigued with his friend’s behavior.  Kyungsoo is actually smart and an unceasingly diligent student, so spacing out in class is really suspicious for him.

“What’s up with me? ... Nothing… nothing’s up with me” he nervously laughs while putting his notebook inside his bag; trying to avoid Baekhyun’s eyes.

“Yeah right. Nothing my ! You have been spacing out since first period. Now spill it!” Baekhyun snatches Kyungsoo’s pen and points it accusingly at him. The older stares at the other intently, turning his eyes into slits that burns a hole into Kyungsoo’s head.

Baekhyun is one of Kyungsoo’s best friends and Park Yoda’s boyfriend. He loves Kyungsoo like a little brother but he’s annoying sometimes. He believes in anything that is a myth, supernatural, magical creature or anything that is impossible to exist. Oh! Not to mention wolves, vampires, witches and wizards. Yup! He believes in those things too, like his boyfriend who believes in Aliens. Maybe that’s the reason why they fell for each other.

Baekhyun holds Kyungsoo’s face by the chin and locks his eyes with the smaller’s, “Spill it.” He says as Kyungsoo squirms in his seat;  avoiding eye contact with the other from time to time, while blinking from nervousness.

“I-It’s…. it’s… ” Kyungsoo gulps a little, “Nothing!” he nervously smiles. He doesn’t know how to say it. He’s not actually scared to tell him that he found someone interesting, it’s just that Baekhyun is blabby. He makes small issues exaggerated, and secrets always escape his mouth. What if Jongin is straight and heard that Kyungsoo likes him? What would he do? He needs to make Baekhyun promise first not to tell the others. He only has a crush on Jongin and he intends to keep it to himself. He knows Jongin doesn’t swing that way. He doesn’t want to feel awkward if he ever meets and talks to Jongin again.

Baekhyun inches his face closer to Kyungsoo “If you don’t tell me I’m going to kiss you.” He warns the smaller.

Kyungsoo raises his eyebrow and scoffs. “as if y– ” His remark was suddenly cut off by Baekhyun’s lips attacking his own that lasted for a few seconds.

“Ew! What the hell!” Kyungsoo shouts and wipes his lips hard with the back of his hand. Baekhyun laughs wildly that his  whole face turns red. “That’s what you get if you defy me Kyungie, and I was actually thinking of doing that a long time ago. I’m just curious of how soft your lips are and I can say that it’s not bad. Your lips actually taste good.” Kyungsoo blushes but glares at elder, swatting his hand away, which was still holding his chin.

“I’ll tell Chanyeol about this.” Kyungsoo says as he kicks Baekhyun in the shin. The latter holds his leg up in pain and massage his shin as he hops around like an idiot.

The older stands up straight again “Yes please do! It will be my pleasure honey. Well actually both Channie and I planned to do that to you long time ago. He also wants to taste those lips of yours, just to warn you.” Kyungsoo throws a punch towards him but the taller manages to dodge it and runs back to his seat.  

They're such a weird couple. Kyungsoo is about to throw his notebook at Baekhyun when Jongdae - another best friend of Kyungsoo - enters their classroom.

Jongdae is the mischievous one in their circle but also acts like the mother. He takes care of them whenever they are together. He said he has a boyfriend but up until now they haven’t met him yet or maybe that boyfriend of his is another prank for them.

Jongdae strides his way towards Baekhyun’s table, and they talk in a hush tone. Kyungsoo, still holding his notebook up, looks at them questioningly and he is trying to read their faces. Jongdae nods and peers at Kyungsoo then smiles. Jongdae walks slowly to the younger and sits beside his desk. “So I heard that you zoned out earlier. It’s not you to typical do that when class is rolling. Is there something bothering you?”

Kyungsoo looks at Baekhyun and back at Jongdae and sighs; placing his notebook back into his bag. He gives up the idea of keeping it a secret, and readies himself to tell them about his new found crush.

The shortest clears his throat and nods. He helds his head down, too nervous to look at the two. Baekhyun also sits beside Jongdae to make their conversation just between the three of them.

Kyungsoo takes a deep breath and gains his courage to speak “I think I… l-like someone” he squirms at his seat and slowly glances at the two to look for any reaction. Baekhyun is the first one who shirlls and throws his body at Kyungsoo once again, and gives the other a bear hug. Jongdae laughs and taps his shoulder.

“Kyungsoo you are priceless. Was it really that hard to tell us that you like someone? I’m glad you’re telling us now, so don’t be too nervous about it” Baekhyun says who is still hugging him and gives him another kiss but this time it’s on his head. “Congrats Kyungie~ so who’s the girl?” Jongdae asks.

“Actually… it’s… a g-guy” Kyungsoo covers his face as he remembers what happened earlier in the hallway.

The two, though a little taken aback with the not so shocking revelation of the smaller, laugh and wrap their arms around him “Oh~! Welcome to Hogwarts!” The smaller rolls his eyes at the two but chortles along anyway.

“I knew it! He's one of us! So who’s the guy?” Jongdae emphasizes the last word.

“Wait save it, let’s talk about this later at lunch okay?” Jongdae says preparing to leave for his next period.

“No funny business Kyungie, you hear that?” Baekhyun looks at him pointedly.

“You have to tell us everything later.” He winks at the smaller and walks out the classroom with Jongdae.

Kyungsoo internally growls. Even if he hides it he knows that they will eventually know who that guy is in the end, so he thinks that there is no point in hiding it to them and might as well just tell them nonetheless, besides it's only a crush anyway.

 

 

Kyungsoo opens his locker and takes out a bag smaller than his school bag. He holds the strap tightly and he smiles. He forgot about Jongin for a moment because he is excited. His third period is his favorite class which is Photography. Kyungsoo slowly closes his locker, turns his back to it, and sees Jongin’s friend Sehun, who is walking opposite of him. Kyungsoo’s eyes instantly looks around for Jongin because if Sehun is there then so should Jongin. However, to his disappointment the younger is not around. 

The tall male catches the doe eyed boy looking in his direction and he winks at him. Kyungsoo, a little startled, looks at the floor at once. He blushes and tries to take a peek at the younger who glances at him again. He gasps and turns around right away. The smaller didn't dare to look again and breathes out slowly, Sehun is cute but he's not Jongin. The image of Jongin quickly took over the petite boy's mind. He takes his DSLR camera out and sighs, the image of Jongin’s lips smiling at him flashes in his mind and he blushes, I want to capture those smiles.

A lanky guy, who's heading to his class, stops in his tracks and notices Kyungsoo by his locker smiling to himself. He catches a faint blush across Kyungsoo’s cheeks. The smaller is undeniably cute. He suddenly feels uncomfortable and he doesn’t know what it is. He takes a deep breath and looks away from the smaller but still a smile graces his lips as he enters his classroom.

Kyungsoo arrives and looks around the room, familiarizing his classmates for this class. All of them seem to be excited for this subject but the noise calmed down all of a sudden. They all sharply draw a breath as they thought that it was their teacher but the noise started to fill the class again as Kyungsoo sear

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter