[05]. Kiss On My List

The Town Where It Always Rained

Her

Chapter Soundtrack: Kiss On My List - Hall & Oates

When Holly came running into her home, she was out of breath and struggling to regain her composure. After running away from kissing Jeonghan, Holly had actually forgotten about her truck and ran straight home. It was a several mile run but the adrenaline rush from the kiss had kept her going.

That kiss...

She slid down with her back against the door, running her hands through her sopping wet hair. Unable to restrain herself, she bit down on her bottom lip, just as she did to Jeonghan, as she smiled uncontrollably. It was the first time Holly had ever kissed a boy.

Of course, Holly had actually kissed and even had with many boys before Jeonghan, she was a teenager with hormones after all, but they had always initiated the first kiss with her. Jeonghan had done the same but that was the first time Holly ever had the urge to kiss someone back and acted on it. She had always been so submissive; it was thrilling to have gotten back at someone for once.

*knock knock*

Startled by the sudden knocking, Holly quickly shot up where she was sitting and looked through the peep hole of her door. It was Jeonghan. Whoa. Was it so good that he's coming back for more already?

With a sudden boost to her ego, when she opened the door, Holly quickly flung herself onto Jeonghan and kissed him hard on the lips once more. She dug both her hands into his hair and took in a large breath of air--Wait, why are his clothes dry?

Holly suddenly pulled back from the kiss to see a completely stunned Jeonghan. He was relatively dry and only slightly damp from top to bottom. She noticed a pair of keys in his hand and then her truck parked in her driveway. "Did you..." she whispered suspiciously.

"I, uh...came to drop off your truck."

A rushing wave of embarrassment crashed all over Holly as she could feel her face getting physically hotter. This was by far the most humiliating moment of her life. "Oh my god," she muttered. Realizing that she still had her hands in Jeonghan's hair she quickly let go and took a step back as she grabbed her own hair in frustration. "Oh my god, oh my god, this isn't happening..."

"It's okay," Jeonghan chuckled as he inched forward to try and console her. Holly quickly arced her back like a cat trying not to be pet. Without saying anything else she just repeatedly shook her head. He half smiled and tried to reassure, "Really, it's okay."

An awkward silence only disturbed by the sound of the constant rain settled in as she remained inside her house, completely still and staring at Jeonghan. When he finally tried to move towards again she suddenly slammed the door in his face.

"Ow!" he cried out from the other side of the door. 

Flinching at the very idea of doing something embarrassing once more, Holly quickly slid down to the floor again, her back to the door and facing away from Jeonghan in shame. She buried her hands in her face in deep frustration.

"...Holly?"

"...Go away," she whined. This had quickly gone from one of her best days ever to being one of the most humiliating. This was worse than when some classmates of hers played a horrible prank on her by pouring a bucket of water after she had gotten done changing in the locker room. That had gone on until she decided to actually kick them in their butts to make them go away and leave her alone. I wonder if that would work now?

"Holly please, it's okay. I...I'm glad you did it."

Holly glanced up, surprised by Jeonghan's words. She was slightly flustered--scratch that, very flustered by his admittance.

"I'm asking this time."

"...Asking what?" Holly said finally.

"Can I kiss you?"

Immediately she could feel her face turn a bright red again, just as she had barely begun to cool down. Quickly, she got up and opened the door and was face to face with Jeonghan again. She put on the most fake confident expression she could and responded, "No."

He looked absolutely baffled. It was clearly not the answer he was expecting. "W-wait, what?" he stammered.

"I'm not that easy of a girl," she said as she folded her arms and raised his nose at him. Holly felt like she had to establish her dominance again.

"But you just--"

"I said I'm not that easy," Holly said firmly once again, cutting Jeonghan off in the middle of his sentence.

It only took him a few moments to realize what she was doing. Jeonghan's confused expression disappeared right away and was replaced with a relieved smile. "Oh, I see."

he's onto me. Holly folded her arms even tighter and raised her nose even higher. No way was she going to dive into anything with this boy without her pride intact. Then came her brilliant idea. "If you want to kiss me again, we have to go on a date."

To her surprise, Jeonghan's facial expression completely changed. He was suddenly blushing and darting his eyes away from her. "A date...?" he said quietly.

I got him. The tides were turning and she had the advantage once more. "Yeah, a date. And nothing fancy! Something casual but fun, none of that small talk stuff. Tomorrow at 5, okay?" she demanded.

Jeonghan still wasn't saying anything but he nodded as he looked down at the ground. His cheeks were turning a light shade of pink. 

"Tomorrow it is then." Though sounding confident and in control, Holly quickly took a step back and shut the door behind her. Falling to the ground once more, she could hardly contain her emotions of a raging battle between utter embarrassment and excitement. It had taken everything in her power to not kiss him before she closed the door.

She had her pride to maintain after all.