Finals on Top of Finals

Remember Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] Finals on Top of Finals [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]

Drowning. I am drowning in finals. Raina thought to herself as she spent the past two months preparing for her first semester of finals. What if I just take this pen and shove it into my arm, will they postpone my tests? I really don't want to take these exams.  Raina sighed, tapping her pen on the edge of her notebook. Halting all movements, she groaned in frustration over a math problem she couldn't seem to figure out. Exhaling, Raina decided to take a break from studying after four hours straight. 

Raina pushed herself away from her desk, spinning in lazy circles. Reaching for the stereo remote, Raina her music playlist labeled as 'Stressed-Out'. Closing her eyes, she let her body relax into the white desk chair and continued to push herself in another loop of circles. The first song that blared through the speakers was "Beautiful Liar" by VIXX LR. A smile spread across her face, remembering all the performances she watched on her computer of Leo hitting the three-octave note flawlessly. She admired his singing abilities and she couldn't be any happier at how much he has improved when he would just sing around her. 

Getting too lost into the music, Raina wasn't aware of how much time had passed and she remembered how much studying she still needed to finish before tomorrow. Even though she studied for quite a long time, Raina still feels unprepared. She ceased the circle that she was spinning, Raina scooted her chair back to her desk. Alright, time to start cramming the last bit of information my brain can take. Raina thought to herself, rewriting all 100 words she is supposed to memorize. At least by tomorrow, I'll have one thing to look forward to... And that is finding if I got the spot to be VIXX's choreographer. With that positive thought on her mind, Raina proceeded with her studying.

Walking up abruptly by the sound of her cricket ringtone, Raina startled into an upright position. Her eyes flew open and realized that she accidently slept on her desk. She looked down and saw a piece of paper stuck to the side of . Feeling grossed out by herself, Raina swatted away the paper and rushed to get dress. Not caring about what she'll look like, Raina threw on her comfy, gray sweatpants and a black t-shirt to complete the 'Hobo look'. Raina unlocked her phone and saw that she only had 15 minutes to get to class on time. She practically threw herself down the stairs and flew out the door. 

 

Sitting down in her first class seat, Raina checked the digital clock that hung above the white board in the front and saw she still had a few minutes to spare. She took out her English notebook and quickly went over the vocabulary list. 

The rest of the class filled in and the bell rung, signaling the end of passing period. "Alright class, it's time to begin your first exam of the day. Don't stress over a single word and skip it if you need to, then return to it later. Also, always trust your first pick, never change it unless you know for sure it is the other answer. Flip over the test...And begin," said Professor Harrison, setting the table timer that will go off when the test is over. 

Looking down at the first set of words, Raina began to feel discouraged. "Greaaat. I spent too much time on Calculus and American Government that I forgot to spend more time on the vocabulary list," Raina huffed under her breath. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter