Haru Haru

ONE SHOT COLLECTION ♥
Character: no names stated
Reason: Request by @eh_hehe
Story:

 

'What have I done...' I clamped her hand tighter.
I felt the ring she was wearing and removed it.
I looked at the inner side and yes, what she said was true...
"Nado saranghaeyo..."
 
***
 
"Look... I really loved you... But after three years, I think it's time to let go..." She told me as she leaned on their house's wall.
"Wait, no.. Have I done something wrong? Look, I can change.. I'll do whatever you want.." I tried to hold back my tears. I tried to convince her that I am more than willing to sacrifice myself for her, to tell her how much I love her.
"That's the problem. You keep on sacrificing for others... Maybe this time, it's time to loosen up. Look, go and open your eyes. There's many girls there. Better than me... And..."
"And what?" I tried to hold back my anger but it seemed so great that I could really explode.
"...and I like someone else..." And with that she turned away from me.
That line kept on echoing in my head like a tape that was on replay.
I couldn't accept the fact that she liked someone else beside me, her boyfriend, her protector.
As she slowly walked out of sight, I turned back, promising myself that I would win her back sometime.
 
"Hey." I greeted my friends who, as usual, practicing some skateboard tricks.
"Hey." My closest friend said.
"She broke up with me.." I told him as we got walked away from the others.
"She did?" He asked and obviously, he was trying to put some surprised effect on his tone but he didn't succeed.
I glared at him but he remained calm. I just let go of the thought that he wasn't surprise because maybe, I was just too stressed out.
 
Our group was planning to go to the park to do some tricks and get paid off; however, my best friend didn't arrive.
"What were you doing?" I called him after the said performance of ours.
"I... Look, I have a girlfriend now. It's not all about me and the group anymore." He explained abruptly.
"Then you should have said beforehand." I told him then hanged up.
This is seriously crazy... My girlfriend just broke up with me, then now, my bestfriend has a girlfriend. Great.
 
"Yeah, you should tell him..." A friend of ours said.
"No.." My bestfriend said, smacking the head of the one who suggested.
"But dude, this will just create a fight between us." Another said.
"That's true, but what can I do?"
"Look, if he'll know that you stole his girlfriend.. you're dead." The one who was smacked said.
"EX girlfriend.. And I didn't steal her!" My bestfriend defended.
It was just then realized that they were talking about me and my girlfriend.
"What did you say, huh?" I walked nearer for them to be aware that I was there.
"Hey." My bestfriend stood up.
"You are crazy, aren't you?" I said as I punched him.
We fought each other, punched each other. We heard people screaming but payed no attention. We just stopped when we heard a familiar voice. She was crying stop out loud.
"Why are you here?" My bestfriend helped her to stand up from her kneeling position.
"Why were you fighting back?" MY girlfriend asked him.
"Because he punched me!"
"You should just have backed away."
"And allow him to hurt me?"
"You just hurt yourself more." She said as she wiped the blood out of my bestfriend's face.
"This is absurd." I commented softly then walked out.
Why? I couldn't take the sight of her caring so much about my bestfriend while I was there, looking at them, bloody too.
Now what? I think I should clean up myself all alone, with no one to put the bandages, with no one to blow the open wounds when it started to eradicate me slowly.
"First aid kit and bandage." I told the cashier once I got in there and went out after buying. Yes, it was as if I never entered that store.
I went in the nearest bench. I really need to clean the wounds. Well, yes. Cleaning my wounds did slay me... a hundred times more. TSK. She was right. I should just let her go... But one thing I would never allow, her going out with my bestfriend. No, scratch that, ex bestfriend.
 
"Wait, you should really talk to me. This is stupid!" My bestfriend ran after me as I walked as fast as I could.
"No, YOU are stupid!" I shouted back at him.
"Are we going to fight over because of a girl?" He told me and that was when my patience busted.
"A GIRL? SHE IS A NO ORDINARY GIRL YOU NONSENSICAL PERSON! SHE WAS MY GIRLFRIEND FOR THREE YEARS AND SHE BROKE UP WITH ME BECAUSE OF YOU! BECAUSE. OF. YOU!" I shouted at him and pointing at him heartlessly.
"You're the stupid one." He said calmly.
"SAY WHAT?" My anger started to boil up again. But I must control this or else I would be in a fight again.
"You're the one who is stupid. She broke up with you not because of me but because of you!" He told me full of confidence as if he really knew everything that happened that day.
"This is a waste of time." I turned away and walked fast.
I could kill him right now, really...
 
/phone rings/
Calling: Jagiya
Why is she even calling me?
"Yobosaeyo?" I answered.
"Hyung.." I heard my bestfriend's voice, and it was like breakina million times.
"What now?" I asked in an irritated voice.
He told me the reason and this time, my heart beat fast.
 
"Where is she?" I asked my bestfriend.
"ER." He answered as he put his head low.
"What have I done?" I grabbed his collar.
"Look. Let go of me. And let's talk about this tranquilly.
I did what he asked and sat beside him.
"This ring... is for you." He said as he removed the ring on his finger and gave it to me.
"Engrave there is her name and the ring on her finger has your name engraved on it." He explained.
I remained silent.
"About our relationship... That was nothing. She thought that since I am your bestfriend, you'll understand if it'll be us." He continued.
"I don't understand..."
For a while, he remained quiet, as if debating about something.
"Well, she has a cancer."
With this, I shot him a look.
"Cancer? And you never did men---" He cut me off.
"Because that's her last request to me. She let you go, hoping that you'll love someone else, that you won't love her anymore. In this way, she would never feel bad to leave you." My bestfriend explained, pain clear in his voice.
"You're kidding..." I stood up and in that moment. the doctor from the ER came out.
"Sir..." My bestfriend approached him.
"She would be conscious in a little while. I suggest to make the most out of the time. Excuse me..." The doctor said and left.
"She would want to see you.." My bestfriend said and sat back.
"Dude..." I went near him.
"Hm?" He looked up.
"Thanks..." I smiled at him.
 
"Namja chingu?" I heard a faint voice.
"Jagiyaaaa." I ran towards her.
"Please forgive me..." She said, holding her tears back.
"Jagiya.." I held her hand so tightly and close to my chest.
"And please, don't hurt your bestfriend... He's the best person you could always lean upon..." She said as she smiled weakly.
"Why do it have to turn this way?"
"Because if you did what I have said, I could have died without you hurting this way. Without you crying that way..." She wiped my tears and shushed me.
"But we could have made the most out of the time if you just told me the truth..." I kissed her hand.
"And then what?" She chuckled feebly.
"Look, you jsut need some rest. We're going to fight this together..." I told him and tried to make her feel better.
"Impossible... I'm already at stage 4 jagiya... And healthy cells are not that strong anymore..." She pouted.
"Mianhe..." I told her but she just smiled.
"Do you forgive me?" I asked but she just nodded.
"Are you alright?" I was now being conscious of her pulse rate.
"Jagiya." I called her but it was as if she was snapping out from the reality.
"SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!" I started to scream because I couldn't bare leaving her.
My bestfriend came in and saw what was happening and did what he was expected to do.
The doctor came in and did things which brought her back to reality.
"Thanks." I said silently to the doctor and he just nodded.
"Dude, I owe you again..." I took a deep breathe and went near to her again.
She was still unconscious. But I was sure her pulse rate was back to normal. I couldn't bare losing a girl like her.
 
It was dawn when I felt a stir. I looked and saw her with a contorted face.
"Is something wrong?" I stood up so sudden that I almost lost my balance.
"A--ani.. Just cramps..." She said as she straightened her legs.
Phew.
"There, better?" I asked as I helped her.
"Ne, come here and sit back..." She told me as her shining eyes followed my every movement.
"What?" I, once again, held her hands as she caressed my face.
"My namja chingu is so handsome." She giggled.
"Ya, stop fooling around." I told her.
But seriouly dude, I was flattered.
"Ok ok... I'll be serious.." She said then silence followed.
We just stared at each other as if we were hugging. I looked at her warmly as she did the same. I could feel her warmth even if she was not close to me.
"Namja chingu..."
I looked at her more dearly.
"Saranghae..." She slowly closed her eyes as a tear slid.
"Jagiya..." I shook her and noticed that her pulse rate, once more, was fluctuating.
"Jagiya..." But this time, I felt her last breathe.
It was hopeless. Even though I call the doctor right now, it wil be useless. But still, I did what a normal person would do. I pushed the emergency button and waited for the doctor.
The doctor and the nurses rushed in and I was asked to move out the room. I did what they asked me to.
But, what I thought was right, the doctor told me she is gone already. He told me that I could see for the last time and so I entered. After a little while, the room was empty for the two of us.
'What have I done...' I clamped her hand tighter than before. That was when I felt the ring she was wearing. I removed it.
I looked at the inner side and yes, what my bestfriend said was true...
"Nado saranghaeyo..." I said as I cried silently.
 
Minutes passed like hours. Hours passed like days.
My bestfriend reached the hospital the next morning and saw me there.
"Let's go..." He reached out.
"Yeah, let's go..." I said.
But before we left, I kissed my girlfriend for the last time.
'Day by day I'll be thinking about her, thinking about the sacrifices she did for me, thinking about the lessons she taught. And day by day, I'll treasure every moment with her.'