Risk of A True Love

Tears of The Sun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

True love is taking the risk that it won't be a happily-ever-after. True love is joining hands with the man who loves you for who you are, and saying, "I'm not afraid to believe in you.

 

Cara Lockwood, I Do -- But I don't

 

 

 

 

As the days wane, the nights close in and the trees done their vibrant hues, a chill creeps into the air. Not the bite of wintry blusters, but just a nip to let us know a new season is at hand. The wide avenue is lit by the first rays of the day, shining through a thin layer of grey cloud like a stain glass window. No more deafening car honking, no more people-packed-pedestrian. Kris can only see city lights blurring in the distance from the rear view of his sleek black rolls royce. The bags under his eyes are more visible these days, his frown etched on his face showing that he is trying hard not to loose his focus on the road. Actually there are so many things running in his head, the thought to reach his home as soon as possible and sleep beside his beautiful petite spouse is his priority at the moment. He already can imagine how soft Joomyeon's fair skin feels on his fingertips, how right it is to hug him all night long. Damn it. Kris just miss him so bad.

 

Not too long after, he finally reach the tall luxurious apartment building where he is staying in. His car tires screech on the asphalt before they enter inside the underground parking lot. The dim light inside it doesn't help him much to find a blank space for his rolls royce. He drives round and round for a while before he spots one parking space beside a white SUV car. With one swift movement, he successfully parks his car, turn the ignition off and then gets off of that expensive car.

 

The clicking of his well polished shoes echoing down the hall. No one insight. Even he can see from his peripheral vision that Edward, the security guard dozes off in his small office. Kris walks pass it and stops in front of a pair of platinum doors. He press the button and the elevator ding. He gets inside and press 58 floor. Kris stands tall in the middle of that box-like-space. He always like the eerie feeling he get when it moves up or down. He finds it rather calming for his nerve. The elevator comes to a stop and he walks out of it.

 

There are only two doors in 58th floor. Kris apartment and the other apartment but no one lives in there yet. This is what he likes about this building. Each floor only contains of two apartments. A less residency makes it more exclusive and less crowded. Kris doesn't like living with so many people. He just doesn't like people in general. With a sigh he opens the door to his apartment.

 

He puts his shoes in the cabinet on his left and walks into the living room. Lights and tv still on. An unknown movie credit tittle rolling on the wide tv screen. He isn't surprised when he sees Joomyeon small form curls on the huge white sofa but, He is surprised seeing his plain charcoal sweatshirt wraps around Joomyeon's petite body. Joomyeon isn't the type of person who just wear other's shirt, be it Kris's or his brother's, he never wear them. It looks so huge on him that the sleeve comes down to his arm, showing off the milky white shoulder. Kris dugs his head and kiss those inviting fair skin tenderly trying to wake him up. Thankfully, Joomyeon is a light sleeper so it doesn't need much time for him to stir and flutter his eyes open.

 

"Hey," Kris whispers lightly on Joomyeon's ear.

 

Joomyeon smiles and touches Kris jaw with his left hand. It feels warm against Kris cool skin. "Welcome home,"

 

Once again, Kris kiss Joomyeon's nape before he plop down beside him. Joomyeon rises from his comfortable position and stand before Kris. He leans in toward Kris, his hands reach behind Kris collar and pull off the grey tie around Kris neck. This action makes the charcoal sweatshirt he's wearing pulls up even more to his upper thighs, Kris lips go dry. Kris sleepiness is long forgotten.

 

Slowly, Kris runs his hand to the expanse of Joomyeon's thighs. He can feel some wrinkles at the back of Joomyeon thighs, the marks he got because sleeping too long above wrinkled cushions. Joomyeon shudders under Kris cool touches. He puts his forehead over Kris's.

 

"How many times do I have to tell you don't wait for me," Kris speaks with the same volume as he woke Joomyeon up earlier.

 

"I didn't. I was watching my favorite tv shows and fell asleep," Joomyeon exhale a long breath while positioning himself on Kris lap.

 

Kris quirks his eyebrow indicating that he doesn't believe him.

 

"Really?"

 

"Really,"

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter