Love is an Evil Angel

Tears of The Sun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Love is a familiar. Love is a devil. There is no evil angel but love.

William Shakespeare, Love's Labour's Lost

 

 

 

"You are mental," a pair of pretty almond shaped eyes look angrily at the person sitting right before them.

"I'm not," said the person with a humourless tone.

"Kris, this isn't like any business you've been encountering for God knows how long,"

The said person Kris, scoffs. "Trust me, it is."

"No it is not. Quit playing with people's lives Kris. For God sake's haven't you think about Joomyeon's feeling about all this? He is your goddamn spouse!"

The girl with the same eyes look more furious every minutes. The thoughts of pulling Kris hair so hard to beat the out of him is extremely tempting, her hand reaches out to just do that when Kris speaks again,

 

"This idea was Joomyeon's," her hand stops mid air.

"How the could it be Joomyeon's idea?" Confusion sweeps over the angry look which posses those stunning eyes seconds ago.

"Your foul mouth is getting worse each day sister, your fourteenth hot-y-handsome boyfriend this month must be the cause. What is the name this time? Let me guess, Jeremiah? That sounds rock,"

 

"Shut the up. Spill the beans,"

"Geez tune down your voice will you? And stop putting a dagger on me with your stare. I'm dying,"

"That's not funny."

"That's not a joke."

"I swear Kris if you dont-"

"Okay, okay, fine, I'll tell you," said Kris in defeat.

 

"I told Joomyeon about all of that. About dad pestering me to get married and is going to arrange my marriage if I don't come up at home with a young lady this friday night. You know that I have no girl friends around me."

 

"You could have asked me. I have tons of friends. Girls and guys."

Kris rolls his eyes, "Yes Tiffany, you have tons and all of them have tattoos swirling around their wrist up to their shoulder blades. Piercings on their navel, tongue and lips. He definitely will go beyond delighted. He will be godzillafurious."

 

Kris is right. There is no way he can bring a free spirited girl like his sister called them and pronounce her to be his fake soon-to-be bride.

 

"The only person who has quite decent girl friends is Joomyeon. Besides, last night he told me that this girl is his very best friend. He trusts her as much as he trusts me. If he trusts her to that extend, there is no other reason for me not to."

 

 

Doubts still swimming in Tiffany's face, she tries to digest the explanation to assure herself that it is really the best solution around.

Silence fills the air, Kris waits Tiffany's anger to burst again but instead it's her phone. This time, her ringtone is In Disarray by Pop Evil.

Kris never understands his sister's taste in music. He is more into Bob Dylan or Frank Sinatra and sometimes Alexa Tietjen once in a while.

 

 

", sorry I have to go," said Tiffany hurriedly putting her phone back on her peach Chanel handbag.

 

She stands up on her heels. Fixing her bangs in place.

If Kris was any other guy she met for a simple lunch, he would definitely fall in love with this sight. But he is not any other guy. He knows everything but to mess with her.

Tiffany might be a sweetie in the outside but a roaring mad bear inside. However, he still love her so much and so does she. Kris is Tiffany's brother nevertheless.

 

She kisses his cheeks,

"Let me remind you little brother, giving dad what he wants is not gonna satisfy him. He will ask you more and more. You must have known this better than me."

And then she walks out the cafe.

 

 

Logically, he knows. His father never get satisfied with anything. Back when Kris was just in primary school he was always the top in his class. When he told him, his father asked Kris to be the top in his school. When Kris was the top in his school, his father asked Kris to make his smart brain in use in real life. Now, when Kris becomes the most successful young businessman, his father asks him to get married.

 

Honestly speaking, He already did. The problem is that he never tell his father ab

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter