When you meet again after your break up

Taehyung One Shots

 

“Let’s just go home!” You whined, hoping that for once she would listen to me and that she would give into your pleads. But you should have known that if it would be on her, that you’d stay here all night. It had been a mistake to go out with her tonight while you had just wanted to lay on the couch and sleep or watch TV. But she had begged you to come, how could you not say yes to a friend? If you had known though that she had planned to get drunk and to ditch you for a boy she had met on the dance floor, then you would’ve had some second thoughts about this night out. So for the fifth time you tried to get her attention and asked her to take you home, even though you were the one who was driving, it was still her car. But she would always say ‘later’ or ‘don’t be such a party pooper, have some fun.’ In other words, you were left by yourself and you had no company. 

 

 

Sitting by the bar with all those strangers who had had too much to drink didn’t really sound like such a good idea so you decided that it was the best of you’d just find a spot outside of the busy room and you’d just wait there. When you got into the hallway you noticed that it was still crowded but at least people weren’t dancing over here and they didn’t look drunk, so you supposed that no one would bother you. Spotting a free bench, you walked over and sat down, giving your sore feet some rest. This had been a stupid idea and next time she would ask you to go out, you’d make sure that you would think twice about your answer. You should have known this, she had never really been depending on your company, but still you had thought that she wouldn’t just leave you behind like that. 

 

 

It had only been five minutes you had been sitting there in peace when suddenly a guy stopped in front of you. He was with a few friends and even though it all started innocent, it soon started to work on your nerves. He winked at you a few times, trying to let you know that he was interested in you but also that he had had something to drink before. With smiling politely you tried to let him know that you weren’t returning the gesture and you hoped he would just walk through and give up. But instead his friends were staring to point at him, trying to tell you that this guy was single and that he was up for a night of fun. Well, ever since you had left your apartment tonight, you hadn’t even up for that, so again you friendly refused by grabbing your phone out of your bag and pretending as if you texted someone. You had to get out of here before he would really make a move, you didn’t want to get caught up in that situation. 

 

 

A little bit panicked you started to look around the hall, trying to find someone you knew. It wouldn’t help if you’d go back to your friend, she’d be too busy to notice you anyway. But again, you also couldn’t stay here because the chance that this guy would bother you seemed really big. “Hello gorgeous.” Suddenly he was standing right in front of you, leaning forward so his face came much too close to yours. You reeked the alcohol inside of his breath and instantly your stomach began to protest, you thought drunk people were disgusting. You leaned away from him and nodded your head as a greeting, but you had no idea how else to let this guy know that you didn’t want to talk to him and surely didn’t want anything else. But he just had that idiotic smile on his face as he sat down beside you and laid one of his hands on your names thighs. “Why are you whole by yourself?” He asked, sounding as if he pitied you, but he didn’t have to, you had chosen to be alone. 

 

 

“I’m waiting for my friend.” You said while trying to keep your attention away from him as you looked around in the room, desperate to find a way out of this. “Seems like she ditched you didn’t she?” Well, he was right with that, she had already done that after the first hour you and gotten here. But that didn’t mean that you wanted someone like him to take her place, you’d rather just look at her and that strange man kissing right in front of you while you were a big loner. It was only when your eyes locked with those of someone else standing a bit further away that you seemed to forget the situation you were in. It seemed as if every single voice, even the one of the big beside you had vanished as he stared straight back at you, seeming just as surprised to see you here as you were to see him. Without even blinking once you stood up from your seated position and began to walk over, seeing him hesitate before putting a step into your direction as well. 

 

 

But you were hit out of your daze as someone grabbed your wrist harshly, pulling you back down. A squeal escaped your throat as your landed on the bench roughly and you knew it would leave a bruise. You looked up to see the boy from earlier giving you an angry look, holding your arm much too tight in his grip, making you whimper slightly out of pain and fear. “Where the do you think you’re going? I was talking to you, you stupid .” You had no idea if it was him speaking or the alcohol in his veins, but you didn’t like this at all. Instead of annoyed you were now starting to get slightly scared of him and now you surely wanted to get out of here. “Let me go.” You wheezed, trying to free yourself out of his hold, but instead he grabbed you even tighter, making his fingers turn white around your skin. There was fire blazing inside of his eyes and for a moment you thought he was going to attack you in the middle of the room, filled with people. 

 

 

“She told you to let her go.” The voice that came from beside you was low and ice cold, almost able to freeze everything. The boy looked up form you and now pointed his eyes at the one standing behind you, who was giving him a deadly glare. He sniffed, but seemed deterred enough to let you go and walk away, back to his friends. A shivering sigh of relief left your lips as you looked up to Taehyung, who was standing behind you and watched the guy walk off. “Thanks.” You muttered and shot him a little smile. Your voice made him return his eyes to yours and you could see the facilitation on his face, happy that it had all gone that easy. “Are you okay?” He asked, taking in the place the guy had been sitting earlier and took your wrist in his hand, softly this time. It was weird to be so close to him again after so much time, but to also felt so right. The way his fingers rubbed against the red spots on your sore skin, 

 

 

Taehyung and you had been in a relationship for a very long time but you had broken up after his career had really started to get to its peek. He had been so busy he just hadn’t had the time for you and so you had decided to split up, together. He thought that you deserved the chance to date someone who could make some free time for you and he had wanted to be able to focus completely on his career. You had been tired of being alone and you had thought that you would be able to move on, but you had been wrong. After Taehyung and you had broken up, you had never dated again and you were sure that you still weren’t totally over him. What had been between the two of you had been so special, and you wondered what was going through his mind right now, now he was holding you here like this. “It’s been a while.” You eventually said and he looked up at you, with a look in his eyes you couldn’t describe. “Too long…” He whispered but smiled slightly, making your heart skip a beat. 

 

 

The two of you stayed silent for a while but eventually he broke the awkward silent, creeping a little bit closer to you on the bench. “How have you been?” He asked and you could see the honest interest inside of his expression, he really wanted to know everything. “I’ve been fine, how about you?” He nodded, telling you that he had been busy with promotions the last few months and that now he had some free time and his friends had wanted to go out today and they had invited him, so he had gone along. You listened to every single word he said, asked about s and his parents, who you had been really close with when you had been dating and instantly you missed all of it again. For a long time you had been able to push it away, but now that he was sitting so close but you couldn’t be with him, that hurt. “So, are you dating?” He asked and you smiled, seeing how his eyes wandered away, which always happened when he was nervous. “No, are you?” 

 

 

He blinked his eyes a few times and his cheeks turned pink, which made you loose all your hopes. Of course he was dating, girls were lining up for him and he just had to pick one out. “No, I’m not. But I would like to.” You frowned, not really able to understand what he was trying to say. If he wanted to date someone then he had to look for someone right, so why was he telling this to you. “I never forgot you ___________-ah. I know now that breaking up with you was the worst decision I’ve ever made. I don’t want anyone else than you, I miss you.” He whispered the last words as he traced his fingers over your hand softly, making your skin tickle. For a second you were dumbfounded, not knowing what to say. How could it be that after such a long time he still loved you and you still loved him as well, it was amazing. “Are you serious?” You asked, because it all seemed to good to be true. He nodded with a shy smile, grabbing both your hands in his. “Can we start over?” He asked and before you could hesitate you threw yourself into his arms, and he caught you a little surprised, but immediately hit his arms around you. “I would love that…”

 

 


Requested by Ateileo