When you can't figure out his feelings towards you

Taehyung One Shots

 

 

You should have known that it wasn’t a good idea to come over to the dorm. You watched how the guys played video games on the tv as you sat on the couch beside Taehyung, trying to get a little bit of his attention. You might be wondering how a normal girl ended up on the couch of the popular band BTS, well sometimes that was also still hard to believe for you as well. You still remembered it as if it had happened yesterday, how you had met the silly dark haired boy and how he had messed up your evening. You had been out with your friends when he had walked up to you, had grabbed your by the wrist and had led you towards the dance floor. He had wrapped his arm tightly around you and began to swung your body with the music, while all you had been doing was staring at him with big and shocked eyes. “Please pretend like you know me.” he had said and he had looked at you with begging eyes. 

 

 

Seemed like he had been running from someone that evening and he had chosen you to safe him, not giving you any choice. The result at the end of the evening had been that you no longer had to pretend as if you knew him, but that you were actually friends. After that you found out that he was a celebrity and that he was in a famous band. Though after that night you and Taehyung just kept bumping into each other and you had grown closer to him as well to his other members, which was nice. They were all great guys and you loved to hang out with them. But there was one reason why you didn’t really enjoy coming here and that was all because of Kim Taehyung. Ever since you had met him that night you had thought that there was something special about that boy. He was insanely handsome, funny and very sweet. And after being around him for a while you had grown to like him, how could you not? 

 

 

But there was only one problem, you had no idea how he felt about you. If the two of you were alone he would be so cute and he couldn’t stop touching you secretly and giving you all his attention. Those were the moments you were convinced he returned your feelings, just because of the way he seemed to look at you and spoke to you, it seemed as if he had feelings for you. But as soon as someone else would be around, like s or his manager he would completely change and you started to doubt again. Then he would ignore you a little bit, as if he completely forgot that you were in the same room with him and as if he had more important things to do than talking to you. Today, that was not different than other times and as you sat beside him he was busy talking to Jimin about the game on the tv screen, not even looking into your direction. 

 

 

It just confused you, you had no idea what you had to think about his feelings for you. Did he like you or did he just hang out with you because he had the feeling he had to? Were you just friends or was there something more going on between the two of you? The truth was that you had no idea, if it were you then you would’ve confessed to him already, but because you had no idea what was going on in his head you were afraid to do that. “__________-ah, do you still want something to drink?” Jin asked as he noticed your glass was empty, you stared at it standing on the small table in front of you. You needed a few seconds to get your brain to focus on what was going on right now instead of on your inner thoughts. “Are you okay?” J-Hope asked when he saw your puzzled expression and then you quickly shook your dazed state off of you before smiling at him. 

 

 

“I’m okay, I’ll just go grab some more water myself. Does anyone else want something?” You asked as you stood up from the couch and Namjoon quickly asked if you could bring him a glass of water as well. You nodded while grabbing your empty glass and walking away from the living room and got towards the kitchen. Normally it was Taehyung who would be watching over you like this, at least he was when you were alone with the two of you. Then he would notice the smallest changes in your expressions and he would always make sure you had everything you needed. But if s were around it seemed as if you didn’t exist anymore. Honestly, his behavior didn’t only confuse you but it also hurt you. Sometimes you were convinced that he loved you back and you were hopeful but the next moment those hopes would be crashed and you would be unknowing and insecure. 

 

 

As you placed your own glass down on the counter you began to open the cabinets to find one for Namjoon. You had never taken something in this kitchen before so you had no idea where everything was. When you saw a the glasses standing in one of the upper cabinets you sighed deeply, why hadn’t your parents been able to make you a little taller? You tiptoed while reached out your arm, the tips of your fingers brushing against the glass but only pushing it even more backwards. Feeling slightly frustrated and too proud to ask for help you jumped a few times, but never even got close to your goal. “Oh come on.” You bit your lip as you tried again, but you knew you would never reach it without any help or without grabbing a chair to stand on. You were startled when you felt a hand on your hipbone and a chest pressed against your back. A long arm reached above you and grabbed one of the glasses with ease, presenting it to you. When you looked up you stared directly into the two amused eyes of Kim Taehyung. 

 

 

“I saw you were struggling, so I thought, I’ll help you out.” He had a teasing look inside of his eyes, you know he liked to see you struggle because of your height. With a stern expression you looked at the glass, grabbing it from his hold and mumbling a thank you in his direction. He chuckled slightly and leaned against the counter as he watched you grabbed some water out of the fridge and filling both the glasses. It was silent inside of the room and the sphere seemed to get slightly awkward, normally there was no silence when you and Taehyung were alone in a room together. “Are you okay? You looked a little bit upset earlier.” He suddenly said and you looked up at him, surprised that he had even noticed. He seemed to notice that something wasn’t right and took a step into your direction, lifting your head towards hi by placing a finger under your chin. “You know you can tell me everything right?” You nodded and he smiled at you and for a moment time seemed to freeze between the two of you as you stood there like that. 

 

 

“Hey guys, the game is over so…” Jimin appeared inside of the doorway and as if he had burned his finger Taehyung quickly pulled his hand away from your face ad took a big step back, as if he didn’t want to seem as if he had been near to you in the first place. It was this kind of actions that caused your heart to break slightly. Was he embarrassed of you that he didn’t want to be close to you while others were around? You cleared your throat before grabbing the glasses and looking up at Jimin, completely ignoring the other boy. You were sick of this, you wanted him to tell you what the problem was. If he didn’t want anyone to see him with you then he didn’t have to invite you over to the dorm, then you rather just want him to leave you alone. It felt as if he was playing with you, and you weren’t going to let any boy play with your feelings, not even Taehyung. You placed Namjoon’s glass on the table and he thanked you with a bright smile, at least he was friendly. 

 

 

“I think I should head home, I just remembered I have something else to do.” You said and even though that wasn’t true, it sounded like a good excuse. They all seemed disappointed that you were leaving and after exchanging some hugs you grabbed your jacket and walked towards the front door, letting yourself out. “I’ll walk you home.” You heard a voice say behind you and you were about to refuse his offer when he was already standing in front of you with his jacket on. He pushed the door open and let you go first, closing it again behind you. Actually you had wanted to use this walk to think about the situation, to make out if you were going to try to get over Taehyung or if you were going to tell him. But now he had to ruin that by coming along himself. The first part of the way you both stayed silent, as if you were both lost in your own thoughts. You had no idea what he was thinking right now, though you loved to know. 

 

 

“I’m sorry about that…” He suddenly said and when you looked up at him you could see exactly what he was talking about. He meant about what had happened in the kitchen just now, but you shrugged with a little smile. “Don’t worry, I’m used to it.” You then said, your voice a little more chilly as you had meant it to be, but it seemed to make him realize something was bothering you and he grabbed your arm and stopped you. He looked into your eyes, searching for some kind of emotion and then sighed, knowing that he had handled things the wrong way. “I guess I messed it up didn’t I?” He asked and you crossed your arms over your chest, looking back at him. “That depends. What were you trying to tell?” You asked and you realized you had just directly asked him to confess about his feelings for you. This was it, now he would tell you if he just wanted to stay friends or if he wanted to be more than that. Which feelings had been his true once, those when you had been alone by yourself or those when s were around? 

 

 

He sighed deeply and massaged his temples, thinking how he had to tell you this. “Listen, I really like you. But I was afraid for my members to find out because I know they’d tease me with it and then you would immediately know something was up. I wanted to have the chance to properly confess to you… But I guess this is it.” Your heart was beating fast inside of your chest and almost you dropped your jaw and stared at him like an idiot, but you could stop that just in time. Your look softened when you found out the reason why he had been like this the whole time, at least now you understood. “I know it was stupid from me to ignore you. But I’m really serious when I say that I want to be with you and I hope you want to be with me as well.” He looked at you with an expectant expression and you smiled at him before stepping closer to him and hugging him around the waist. “I’d like that.” You said softly and you felt his body relax against yours as he wrapped his arms around you.

 

 


Requested by 1430eveline