Confused

Love Me, Oppa

You were brought back to your room. Dong Hae tried to feed you dinner, but you won’t eat. You wanted to stay at the I.C.U. to look after Young Saeng.

“You’re not allowed to stay there. Nobody is, ok?” Dong Hae said.

Tears formed in your eyes. You bit your lower lip to prevent them from falling, but they still fell. Dong Hae placed your untouched bowl of food on the bedside table and sat facing you.

“He’ll be alright. I know he will be. I’m sure he will fight for you.” He your hair.

You continued crying. “He’s here. He’s in the hospital because of me.”

Dong Hae didn’t like your blaming yourself. He lifted your face up and looked straight at you. “Never blame yourself. It’s not your fault. It is not your fault that Han Mi can’t control herself and it is not your fault that she is a selfish woman.”

You buried your face on his chest and sobbed. He comfortingly rubbed your back.

“Oppa..” (You were referring to Dong Hae.)

He held you tighter. It made you feel as if he was holding your pieces together.

“You love him, don’t you?” Dong Hae spoke.

You suddenly stopped crying. “I love you too.”

“But not in the way you love him.”

“Oppa.” You turned your head, resting your cheek on his shoulder.

“It’s alright, ~~~~~-ah. I’ve known it from the start.” You knew he was crying.

You sat up and discovered you were right. He was crying. You held his face with one hand. He held it tighter and turned his face to kiss your palm.

“Oppa.”

“I love you, ~~~~~-ah.”

You held the other side of his face and wipe away his tears. “I love you, oppa. You know that.”

He shook his head, forcing smile. “Don’t lie to yourself, ~~~~~-ah. We both know your love for me is brotherly.”

You couldn’t agree nor disagree. You let go of his face and looked down. “I don’t know. I’m confused. I can’t distinguish my feelings for you and Young Saeng anymore. It’s like, I’m loving two persons.”

Dong Hae sniffed. “Yeah?”

He didn’t believe you. He stood up and left the room.

*But it’s true.* You thought.

He returned after a few minutes. He fed you. But didn’t talk.

“Oppa, you don’t believe me?” You asked him as he lay you to bed.

He looked at you, but didn’t answer your question. He leaned down to kiss your forehead. “Sleep tight, sweet cakes.”

He sat on the chair beside your bed and watched the T.V.